What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, that's the thing. It's annoying to see the same pic in two or three threads -- I get that. But it takes me literally seconds to scroll past 'em.

I really have never understood why people get so aggravated about fluff on the pic threads. They're . . . pics. They're cotton candy. I like them, but my quality of life is really not much endangered by someone posting a comment, or double posting.

/me goes back to sipping her tea and waiting for purchased items to magically appear in her inventory

And yet some people seem to do it just to annoy or get attention since you know, its been a few days.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

And yet some people seem to do it just to annoy or get attention since you know, its been a few days.

Oh for sure. And some people do it to just get extra likes -- which seems to me an unfathomably shallow and mindless motivation.

But I have the power to prevent them from aggravating me. I can choose to not care very much, and scroll by. It might impact on my judgment of their character, a bit . . . but it's just so easy to not let it bother me. Much easier than fuming.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Why would anyone do that to purposefully annoy? That's self defeating. Attention I can understand...but only of it's attention to the pics. Which should be the entire reason  for posting any.

Edited by Bagnu

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oh for sure. And some people do it to just get extra likes -- which seems to me an unfathomably shallow and mindless motivation.

But I have the power to prevent them from aggravating me. I can choose to not care very much, and scroll by. It might impact on my judgment of their character, a bit . . . but it's just so easy to not let it bother me. Much easier than fuming.

It really doesn't bother me.  Amuses me more than anything.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You've never seen anyone be purposefully annoying here?

Oh you poor, sweet, naive child . . .

LOL!!! My post was an indirect response to an indirect statement. Sometimes I prefer subtlety.

Edited by Bagnu

17 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It doesn't make me fume at all. It causes my OCD to get really annoying though. I fixed it simply by sticking to one of those threads since they're closely the same topic.

Now one of my peeves is how I tend to work on more of my photo ideas when I'm really stressed out. This past week was really stressful for many and we all have different ways of dealing with it. Mine has been putting together photo ideas and sharing them. I went overboard a bit this past week. The point of my peeve...Why can't I get my creativity flowing at that speed when I'm not stressed out? 🙄

Edited by Dafadilia Wayfarer
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

Why can't I get my creativity flowing at that speed when I'm not stressed out?

Daf, just let me know when you next feel the need to be creative, and I'll do my very best to stress you out.

Because I'm all about being helpful. 😏

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, that's the thing. It's annoying to see the same pic in two or three threads -- I get that. But it takes me literally seconds to scroll past 'em.

I really have never understood why people get so aggravated about fluff on the pic threads. They're . . . pics. They're cotton candy. I like them, but my quality of life is really not much endangered by someone posting a comment, or double posting.

True, to a degree, at least for me.

To me the picture threads are about showing yourself off to others.  However, by posting the exact same picture in multiple places, it tells me that the person doesn't really care enough about other people's opinions to offer them some subtle differences between pictures.  Not even a slight change of angle or pose or environment settings.

Even the above doesn't truly explain it -- it is hard for me to find the right words to adequately describe my view of it.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

While I'll agree that it's silly to double-post pics -- and some people actually do it in more than just those two threads -- it's actually remarkable how little this impacts upon my life.

I have never double posted in now and today.  This too has no impact on your life.  lol

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yes we did - see the below thread that discusses it.  Nobody from LL has said "why" it went away.  My guess is it was just another unforeseen side effect of their latest update --- or they now have to flip some switch to allow spoilers and have not done so.

It's BBcode and should work unless someone at LL truncated the code so it doesn't work.

[spoiler] *taps mic* [/spoiler]

Not cool @Linden Lab. Not cool at all to disable a feature that has been a staple of forums for decades. You're making me wonder why I even bother any more.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

True, to a degree, at least for me.

To me the picture threads are about showing yourself off to others.  However, by posting the exact same picture in multiple places, it tells me that the person doesn't really care enough about other people's opinions to offer them some subtle differences between pictures.  Not even a slight change of angle or pose or environment settings.

Even the above doesn't truly explain it -- it is hard for me to find the right words to adequately describe my view of it.

It is possible that people see it like Flickr where you try to stuff your pictures into as many groups as possible to get the widest possible coverage.  Obviously the forum is a much smaller place with a different dynamic and goals.  So I agree that it is entirely redundant to do this here.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

/me goes back to sipping her tea and waiting for purchased items to magically appear in her inventory

The topic is "pet peeves".  It doesn't "aggravate" me, it "peeves" me.  The most annoying person who does it now resides on my blocked list, so her pictures do not bother me anymore.

Edited by Jordan Whitt
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yes we did - see the below thread that discusses it.  Nobody from LL has said "why" it went away.  My guess is it was just another unforeseen side effect of their latest update --- or they now have to flip some switch to allow spoilers and have not done so.

Bummer.  :/

Okay folks, we're on page two again. Bad form!

Today's pet peeve is a photo one. And sure, people can shoot however they like and all, to each their own and such, but for crying out loud, could the fad of people shooting themselves with the camera rolled to the side just drop dead and stay dead, please? It's not artsy, it's just weird.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Today's pet peeve is a photo one. And sure, people can shoot however they like and all, to each their own and such, but for crying out loud, could the fad of people shooting themselves with the camera rolled to the side just drop dead and stay dead, please? It's not artsy, it's just weird.

I think that's at least the 3rd time we've peeved that one.  Sadly, the people doing it don't seem to read the rest of the forums.  It might have been cool ONCE but every time is just annoying AF.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am peeved that it is taking me so long to get settled in my new place.  Downsizing is hard!  I have stopped unpacking because there is nowhere to put anything more, but there are some things that I really would like to find like my toaster and the cords to hook up my desktop. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

rolled camera like this?

camerarotate.thumb.png.aa5cf315fda95df08cd94f6ab7a13f3f.png

Give me a crick in the neck looking at it.

image.jpeg.821ff2e318dd8f2f26c0269bd14ecfc4.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

1 hour ago, RowanMinx said:

I think that's at least the 3rd time we've peeved that one.  Sadly, the people doing it don't seem to read the rest of the forums.  It might have been cool ONCE but every time is just annoying AF.  

The ones that do it on a regular basis don't seem to post anywhere else, so as Rowan mentioned, I highly doubt they read any non-picture thread either.  I started putting them on my block list so I just don't see those irritating pictures anymore.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The ones that do it on a regular basis don't seem to post anywhere else, so as Rowan mentioned, I highly doubt they read any non-picture thread either.  I started putting them on my block list so I just don't see those irritating pictures anymore.

They're on mine too.  If it's the same person, the pics are mostly the same same same everyday anyway.  Is there another color besides white?

Africa_002.jpg

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.