What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Panteleeva said:

[03:30] beachdude: ops
[03:31] Me: ?
[03:31] beachdude: are  u sexy ?

[03:31] me:i don t know?🤪

10 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You should have sent him this link

I think there’s a dancer for this, complete with the song and some vewwy smexi moves...can’t confirm of course and responding with interpretive dance isn’t always well received...but that’s never stopped anyone either! 😉

peeve: my own disorganized inventory. I’m annoyed with myself over it. Anyone up for a drinking and inventory cleaning party soon after Hallowtide? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fauve Aeon said:

I think there’s a dancer for this, complete with the song and some vewwy smexi moves...can’t confirm of course and responding with interpretive dance isn’t always well received...but that’s never stopped anyone either! 😉

peeve: my own disorganized inventory. I’m annoyed with myself over it. Anyone up for a drinking and inventory cleaning party soon after Hallowtide? 

Me three

ci-san-pellegrino-momenti-clementine-peach-a05087edd0a6b12d.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fauve Aeon said:

We're up to four. I believe this is the "Let's get snockered and watch Fauve attempt to organize her inventory" party. Hijinks and shenanigans!

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

Peeve: That damned cat, GiGi.

Do you know that GiGi had someone on BOTH of our block lists say that she didn't know we are the same person IRL because GiGi is so... so... PLEASANT? NICE?!!!! ffs  (Did anyone not notice that the cat apparently was blunt and rude to a noob? But SHE's the nice one! ???)

Now she is showing me drinking rotgut and inferring I'm Granny Clampet?  Just how many ways ARE there to skin a cat?

Plus, last night I stepped into a big, wet furball GiGi arfed up after she served Mistress Scylla by tongue cleaning Scylla's fur boots. Fur! Real Canadian critter fur! Worn by the theoretically oh-so-politically correct Canadian! Next we'll find out she eats regular poutine, and not vegan poutine.  (I think that technically makes @Scylla Rhiadra my Peeve #2.)(Wouldn't be the first time...)

Well. Fine. I can be pleasant AND nice, too.

Here's a PSA. You're welcome.

without-coffee.gif

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Haha 5

I used to hate being added to random conferences as soon as I logged into sl. Some conferences would spam constantly and try to get me into going to some random club. Luckily I don't have that problem anymore as I managed to block getting those. I don't mind going to the odd few clubs but this was constant spam I used to get in my IM's. Another thing I don't like is  random people who you don't even know trying to spam invite you to a club after that. Been times when I have gone to the club I was invited to but then the person still spams invites in my IM's even when I get there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Robotshaz said:

I used to hate being added to random conferences as soon as I logged into sl. Some conferences would spam constantly and try to get me into going to some random club. Luckily I don't have that problem anymore as I managed to block getting those. I don't mind going to the odd few clubs but this was constant spam I used to get in my IM's. Another thing I don't like is  random people who you don't even know trying to spam invite you to a club after that. Been times when I have gone to the club I was invited to but then the person still spams invites in my IM's even when I get there.

Conferences? You mean group chats? It is easy to turn those off.

Not sure what you are doing or where you are going to get such a constant barrage of things. In 11+ years, and I do go to clubs, I haven't had this happen except for the forementioned group chats.

I wasn;t even in that many group however at that time. so some people were adding me to some sort of conference for their clubs. The conferences I was getting were for clubs which was groups I wasn't even in lol. I am in mostly fashion groups and I don't join club groups really.

18 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Conferences? You mean group chats? It is easy to turn those off.

Not sure what you are doing or where you are going to get such a constant barrage of things. In 11+ years, and I do go to clubs, I haven't had this happen except for the forementioned group chats.

Conference IM/Chats are different from group chats.  To create conference IM/Chats, you select a bunch of people from a variety of places (contact cards, friends list, Contact sets, etc.) and select IM or Send Instant Message (depending on viewer and method of access).  They don't have to be part of a group and it is commonly used for spamming from some stores, clubs and DJs and it is very annoying.

If you haven't encountered this, you are very lucky.

Luckily Firestorm has some great features to combat this:

Preferences->Chat->Automatically ignore and leave all conference (ad-hoc) chats
Preferences->Chat->Don't ignore conference chats invitations from my friends

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Conference IM/Chats are different from group chats.  To create conference IM/Chats, you select a bunch of people from a variety of places (contact cards, friends list, Contact sets, etc.) and select IM or Send Instant Message (depending on viewer and method of access).  They don't have to be part of a group and it is commonly used for spamming from some stores, clubs and DJs and it is very annoying.

If you haven't encountered this, you are very lucky.

Luckily Firestorm has some great features to combat this:

Preferences->Chat->Automatically ignore and leave all conference (ad-hoc) chats
Preferences->Chat->Don't ignore conference chats invitations from my friends

Thank you! I'm continually amazed by things that I've never heard of in SL. I don't think I've been all that sheltered, but I keep seeing things like this and thinking, "Who knew?"

So to conference chat you can pick non-friends? And/or people not in a group? So ... just randoms? Wow. That's pretty awful. I can understand why that would be someone's peeve.

You just provided a great public service with this comment. :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.