What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Even my posts got deleted and I wasn't arguing or anything. I asked a heartfelt question.

Peeve: Posts being deleted when said posts do not break ToS/CS.

Ikr.. But the one explaining how people who think their opinion is gospel are fascists remained.  And wasn't even on topic.

Peeve... Inconsistency and hypocrisy.

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I find it annoying that people STILL put their pictures in EVERY group they can, whether it applies to the group or not. 

Example...
Group - Female Face Close Up
Some pictures in the group include - full length body shots, a dude slapping some bimbo on a St Andrew's Cross, some chick's huge bazongas and another's huge badonkadonk.

I thought limiting the groups you could put your pics in would stop that, but the "opt out" negated that idea.  People still seem to find a way to put their pics in hundreds of groups.

Thanks for reminding me why I rarely bother with Flickr.  The users never paid attention to where they mass post, resulting in all the lovely off-theme spamming. One favorite, well not so favorite, instance was when someone posted a x-rated image to a child avatar group. A child avatar group for crying out loud.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

LL not having a subcategory in animations. Specifically poses, I would love to see a singles and couples poses subcategory.

Yeah, that would be neat. The animation category is pretty wild.

On that though, I do have a peeve - animation stores that don't have any in-world location where you can demo the poses. Even when eyeballing the advert, it's hard to tell whether the pose will fit your avatar or not, as your avatar's shape has a huge impact on how an animation looks in the end - and avatar shapes, as has been much discussed in this thread, are all over the place.

... Maybe I should look into setting up an in-world location with a pose stand so people can demo that one pose pack I have on the MP. 

tenor.gif

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Yeah, that would be neat. The animation category is pretty wild.

On that though, I do have a peeve - animation stores that don't have any in-world location where you can demo the poses. Even when eyeballing the advert, it's hard to tell whether the pose will fit your avatar or not, as your avatar's shape has a huge impact on how an animation looks in the end - and avatar shapes, as has been much discussed in this thread, are all over the place.

... Maybe I should look into setting up an in-world location with a pose stand so people can demo that one pose pack I have on the MP. 

tenor.gif

It's like a battle field in the Poses category. You have to wade through every other pose, just to find a specific pose. So you are looking through singles and groups and couples. Yet you just want a couples pose.

8 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I hope in their next huge MP update, they address this and other subcategories that need to be added.

I hope they fix the search engine as well. The issue with subcategories is that vendors need to put their products into them. A lot of them don't or just pick generic categories.

11 minutes ago, Ultimo Constantineau said:

I hope they fix the search engine as well. The issue with subcategories is that vendors need to put their products into them. A lot of them don't or just pick generic categories.

LL should be adding subcategories to a lot of categories. As right now MP is so disorganized. That it ain't funny. It's worse than my inventory. Lol

Just now, halebore Aeon said:

LL should be adding subcategories to a lot of categories. As right now MP is so disorganized. That it ain't funny. It's worse than my inventory. Lol

Yes but they can add all the subcategories they want. It won't matter if vendors don't use them. Vendors check off what categories their products go into. It's not automated or anything.

11 minutes ago, Ultimo Constantineau said:

Yes but they can add all the subcategories they want. It won't matter if vendors don't use them. Vendors check off what categories their products go into. It's not automated or anything.

I mean if vendors saw that, it might prompt them to actually start trying. xD

• Haha 1

I don't know if I can post about SR anymore. Can we post about being peeved about Flickr? Tilted photos? Here's a 3-fer:

SR thought it funny that after a big discussion about the Dutch Angle and how it is being over-used by the lazy, made her very next Flickr shot a... Dutch Angle. The scene warranted it, in her humble opinion. Straight on perspective just didn't have the same punch. But she still thought it was funny. 

The Flickr peeve: Still trying to sift through which groups to put this in. Is it considered a "landscape"? Sometimes yes. Sometimes no. Depends on the group. So I have to read each group's blurb. Ugh. Or just not post in a destination group? It is the Junkyard, fyi.

Just tying up loose strings here (gah, as a cat those are fun to play with and YES! eat!). 

the junkyard 11.12.20_011.png

Edited by Gatogateau
  • Like 2

On 11/13/2020 at 12:29 AM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ok, I don't know how the platform itself pronounces its name, but the newish alt-right / Conspiracy Theories R Us social media platform? The name is "Parler," which is from the French verb "to talk." It's pronounced "parl-ay,," NOT (emphatically not) "parl-er."

Similarly, if you pronounce "foyer" as "foy-er" rather than "foy-ay," I'm afraid that we can't be friends.

(And don't even get me started on "clique" pronounced "click" - UGH!)

Wondering what your take is on how restaurants in US use the word 'entree.' (sorry, don't have a French keyboard, lol)

1 minute ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

Wondering what your take is on how restaurants in US use the word 'entree.' (sorry, don't have a French keyboard, lol)

Entré?

13 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

People that use fonts & colors on their ads that make it extremely difficult to read things.  Apparently, they forget that the purpose of those words are to actually convey information.

T̼̼̖̾͟͞o͙͙̙̘̙ͤͫ͞t͖͖̠̬͛a͔͔̜̗̦ͩ̅̎l͖͖̰̝ͭ̀͘l͖͖̰̝ͭ̀͘y͙͙̪̰ͫ͌́ a͔͔̜̗̦ͩ̅̎g̬̬̱ͩ͋͟͟ṛ̣̬̫̍͌ͩ͟ḛ̡̰̳͓̥ͬ͋ͪͧḛ̡̰̳͓̥ͬ͋ͪͧ w̡̻̻̣͚̒̀ͅi̧̻̻͉̜͑ͪ̾͟t͖͖̠̬͛h̨͚͚͖ͯ̒̄͗͞ y͙͙̪̰ͫ͌́o͙͙̙̘̙ͤͫ͞ụ̴̴̾̀͟͡. Ļ͓͓̣̽͟ḛ̡̰̳͓̥ͬ͋ͪͧg̬̬̱ͩ͋͟͟i̧̻̻͉̜͑ͪ̾͟b͔͔̳͈̊̆ͥ͂͜͝i̧̻̻͉̜͑ͪ̾͟l͖͖̰̝ͭ̀͘i̧̻̻͉̜͑ͪ̾͟t͖͖̠̬͛y͙͙̪̰ͫ͌́ s̨̞̞̰͎͎̪̩͕̈́̀ͯ̍ͧͅh̨͚͚͖ͯ̒̄͗͞o͙͙̙̘̙ͤͫ͞ụ̴̴̾̀͟͡l͖͖̰̝ͭ̀͘d̶̵̯̯̼̘ͨ̓ b͔͔̳͈̊̆ͥ͂͜͝ḛ̡̰̳͓̥ͬ͋ͪͧ t͖͖̠̬͛h̨͚͚͖ͯ̒̄͗͞ḛ̡̰̳͓̥ͬ͋ͪͧ h̨͚͚͖ͯ̒̄͗͞i̧̻̻͉̜͑ͪ̾͟g̬̬̱ͩ͋͟͟h̨͚͚͖ͯ̒̄͗͞ḛ̡̰̳͓̥ͬ͋ͪͧs̨̞̞̰͎͎̪̩͕̈́̀ͯ̍ͧͅt͖͖̠̬͛ p͔͔͚͉̬̋ͩ̾͗ṛ̣̬̫̍͌ͩ͟i̧̻̻͉̜͑ͪ̾͟o͙͙̙̘̙ͤͫ͞ṛ̣̬̫̍͌ͩ͟i̧̻̻͉̜͑ͪ̾͟t͖͖̠̬͛y͙͙̪̰ͫ͌́ w̡̻̻̣͚̒̀ͅh̨͚͚͖ͯ̒̄͗͞ḛ̡̰̳͓̥ͬ͋ͪͧn̫̫̘̗͕̲̲̎ͥ d̶̵̯̯̼̘ͨ̓ḛ̡̰̳͓̥ͬ͋ͪͧs̨̞̞̰͎͎̪̩͕̈́̀ͯ̍ͧͅi̧̻̻͉̜͑ͪ̾͟g̬̬̱ͩ͋͟͟n̫̫̘̗͕̲̲̎ͥi̧̻̻͉̜͑ͪ̾͟n̫̫̘̗͕̲̲̎ͥg̬̬̱ͩ͋͟͟ a͔͔̜̗̦ͩ̅̎n̫̫̘̗͕̲̲̎ͥ a͔͔̜̗̦ͩ̅̎d̶̵̯̯̼̘ͨ̓v̹̹̘̼̞̻͆ͩ̓ͪ͢ḛ̡̰̳͓̥ͬ͋ͪͧṛ̣̬̫̍͌ͩ͟t͖͖̠̬͛!

• Haha 7

53 minutes ago, Orwar said:
1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

People that use fonts & colors on their ads that make it extremely difficult to read things.  Apparently, they forget that the purpose of those words are to actually convey information.

T̼̼̖̾͟͞o͙͙̙̘̙ͤͫ͞t͖͖̠̬͛a͔͔̜̗̦ͩ̅̎l͖͖̰̝ͭ̀͘l͖͖̰̝ͭ̀͘y͙͙̪̰ͫ͌́ a͔͔̜̗̦ͩ̅̎g̬̬̱ͩ͋͟͟ṛ̣̬̫̍͌ͩ͟ḛ̡̰̳͓̥ͬ͋ͪͧḛ̡̰̳͓̥ͬ͋ͪͧ w̡̻̻̣͚̒̀ͅi̧̻̻͉̜͑ͪ̾͟t͖͖̠̬͛h̨͚͚͖ͯ̒̄͗͞ y͙͙̪̰ͫ͌́o͙͙̙̘̙ͤͫ͞ụ̴̴̾̀͟͡. Ļ͓͓̣̽͟ḛ̡̰̳͓̥ͬ͋ͪͧg̬̬̱ͩ͋͟͟i̧̻̻͉̜͑ͪ̾͟b͔͔̳͈̊̆ͥ͂͜͝i̧̻̻͉̜͑ͪ̾͟l͖͖̰̝ͭ̀͘i̧̻̻͉̜͑ͪ̾͟t͖͖̠̬͛y͙͙̪̰ͫ͌́ s̨̞̞̰͎͎̪̩͕̈́̀ͯ̍ͧͅh̨͚͚͖ͯ̒̄͗͞o͙͙̙̘̙ͤͫ͞ụ̴̴̾̀͟͡l͖͖̰̝ͭ̀͘d̶̵̯̯̼̘ͨ̓ b͔͔̳͈̊̆ͥ͂͜͝ḛ̡̰̳͓̥ͬ͋ͪͧ t͖͖̠̬͛h̨͚͚͖ͯ̒̄͗͞ḛ̡̰̳͓̥ͬ͋ͪͧ h̨͚͚͖ͯ̒̄͗͞i̧̻̻͉̜͑ͪ̾͟g̬̬̱ͩ͋͟͟h̨͚͚͖ͯ̒̄͗͞ḛ̡̰̳͓̥ͬ͋ͪͧs̨̞̞̰͎͎̪̩͕̈́̀ͯ̍ͧͅt͖͖̠̬͛ p͔͔͚͉̬̋ͩ̾͗ṛ̣̬̫̍͌ͩ͟i̧̻̻͉̜͑ͪ̾͟o͙͙̙̘̙ͤͫ͞ṛ̣̬̫̍͌ͩ͟i̧̻̻͉̜͑ͪ̾͟t͖͖̠̬͛y͙͙̪̰ͫ͌́ w̡̻̻̣͚̒̀ͅh̨͚͚͖ͯ̒̄͗͞ḛ̡̰̳͓̥ͬ͋ͪͧn̫̫̘̗͕̲̲̎ͥ d̶̵̯̯̼̘ͨ̓ḛ̡̰̳͓̥ͬ͋ͪͧs̨̞̞̰͎͎̪̩͕̈́̀ͯ̍ͧͅi̧̻̻͉̜͑ͪ̾͟g̬̬̱ͩ͋͟͟n̫̫̘̗͕̲̲̎ͥi̧̻̻͉̜͑ͪ̾͟n̫̫̘̗͕̲̲̎ͥg̬̬̱ͩ͋͟͟ a͔͔̜̗̦ͩ̅̎n̫̫̘̗͕̲̲̎ͥ a͔͔̜̗̦ͩ̅̎d̶̵̯̯̼̘ͨ̓v̹̹̘̼̞̻͆ͩ̓ͪ͢ḛ̡̰̳͓̥ͬ͋ͪͧṛ̣̬̫̍͌ͩ͟t͖͖̠̬͛!

Of course it is even worse when you can easily read all of the text and you still aren't sure exactly what they are selling.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Even my posts got deleted and I wasn't arguing or anything. I asked a heartfelt question.

Peeve: Posts being deleted when said posts do not break ToS/CS.

And sometimes other people's posts who point out something. 

On 11/13/2020 at 10:19 PM, FairreLilette said:

I have a peeve in real life that women have to wear high heels in certain jobs while men get to wear comfortable shoes.

I remember trying to walk in my Mother's high heels when I was child of about 7.  It was a horrible experience as I was wobbling all over the place.  

But, please, going forward into the 21st Century, can't we let women, all women, including executive types and other's such as airline attendants, wear safe and practical shoes?

I noticed Kamala Harris wears high heels...so do most powerful women.  It's expected.  Ivanka's hardly a lone example in my photo below.  Far from it.  So, if I wanted to be successful - I'd have to walk around in high heels.  Ahhhhhh!  They hurt!  And, it's sexist.  

trump.jpg

I agree! Wish I didn't have to wear shoes at all...

That has been one nice thing about this year...xD I would even go to the supermarket barefoot except for the possible comments and them asking me to leave, or litter on the street...

• Like 2

Peeve 1: Scantly clad child avatars with profiles that say they are not children but 18 years old. Ya I don't think I've seen an 18 year-old that look like they're 14 or younger. Nor have I seen any that were bruised. If I did I'd probably call the police. Which leads me to...

Peeve 2: Child abuse isn't a fashion statement. It's an ignorance statement.

PS: If you were in the same sim as me while *****ting around in your child av and caught a ban soon after. It was likely me that reported you.

• Like 8

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.