What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

22 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

When did it become 3:45am???  INSOMNIA BLOWS!!!  Although it would probably help if I was lying in bed and not sitting at my PC....right? 

Reading almost always puts me to sleep late at night.  Blanket, recliner, book, -zzzzzzzzzzzz

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

When the inmates run the asylum.

But imagine what terribly world it would be, if the sane people ruled with reason ... What would there be to laugh about then?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

People who post pics on SLFB and yes I use it. Showing off their avatar, never once asked for anyone's critiques or suggestion. Yet, they give them anyway. Clearly this person put a lot of time and effort into their avatar, it would be like a slap in the face to me. If I were to show my avatar off, and people were like. You should get this body or head, this skin, these eyes. Look, if you want me to fix it to your liking. Then pay me money, otherwise scroll on or compliment.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Orwar said:

But imagine what terribly world it would be, if the sane people ruled with reason ... What would there be to laugh about then?

Imagining... imagining...

:::peaceful smile appears on face:::

There are always kittens to laugh about.

Plus there would still be stupid people, there'd still be whackadoodles (I am in that group), they'd just not be running and moderating and influencing and...

Edited by Seicher Rae

Words(or multiple word names) that make no sense, for example, "Super Natural". This implies that something is very natural. The word should be something like anti-natural, or just unnatural.

Also people who think their way of thinking is correct and if anyone says otherwise they are wrong and evil, while in reality, thinking is subjective. While there may be some correct ways of thinking(EG: 2 + 2 equals 4, but 2 + 2 does not equal fish, though in a way, math is man made and we can make it equal whatever we want), people are just becoming brick walls and refusing to listen to each other, then complain about others not listening to them. I just want to sit around, and eat glue, not be told that "you cant eat glue thats bad". I'll eat what I want, doesn't make me correct, but at least I acknowledge that I may not be correct. (Last bit about eating glue is a humorous take on the situation. I don't actually want to eat glue.)

• Like 4

ETA to add the peeve: People

To those of you who retained this bit of trivia:

I've hit the magic #12.

Actually, I surpassed it, had I bothered to complete the clicking. This is even with taking one person off, and not adding a crank who probably should be on the list but who I have been successfully eyerolling at for 10+ years.

So. That said. Gigi wants it known that her Mistress Scylla now has a super wonderful pair of near crotch high boots! Oh my! WITH open toes! Even better. Gigi, if not @Scylla Rhiadra, is pretty excited about that. (I can neither confirm nor deny that this is Scylla IN the boots.)

image.png.eeb3964dbd985a4c73f28ec6ba242aab.png 

Plus Scylla is always clamoring to haz other people's stuffs, so there's that and this: my collection of outraged Canadian gifs and jpgs.

image.png.79d731ee55eaa7da190569bd7a985421.png

image.png.f89d925cab2d46231d29115eacd55894.png

@RowanMinx Here's the collection. YW.  

image.png.ef4e540a78c26c55e4ee638d5034b3ec.png

To everyone else, a gif gift that I have found to be a useful response for a number of people and especially on full lunar nights. Use it in good health. 

gofuckyourself.gif

I can be contacted, sometimes, sporadically inworld. I often leave my autoresponder on that will say I'm too busy to talk to you. I'm probably more fun, if more elusive, inworld. Others will need to attest to that.

RE: just reitterating from another thread, a PSA: Gigi and I both accept gifts and have no problem with cash. Just sayin.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The way some designers label gifts. I mean yeah gift horses, mouths, etc. But would it really kill you to label the gift something more descriptive than "designernamexmas19"?

It makes inventory management kind of agonising since I have to go unpack it to see if I want to keep it and if so, where in my inventory it goew, and this happens a lot too. Meanwhile if the box is named like "omega beer tattoo gift by designer, 2019" then I know I can just delete it. Or at least sort it.

• Like 3

On 11/5/2020 at 4:46 PM, missyrideout said:

Stores that don't add things from events in a timely fashion. Not that I'm pounding on the doors the day after an event closes. A reasonable, timely fashion!  You don't want my money? grumbles

Well in their defense, some events have the rule that items from rounds have to wait a month or two BEFORE they can be sold in the stores.  

7 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

People who post their picture in the "What does your avatar look like now" thread and then post the exact same picture in the "How does your avatar look today" thread.

d75626f4f279a5dce7fec675d6966de8.gif

I agree. It drives my OCD nuts so I try to keep my focus to one thread now.

When I first started looking at those threads and sharing my own photos, there was a bit of confusion because the topics are very similar. I double posted once because I hadn't realized I posted to one already. 🙄

Since then, I make a point to keep my focus on one because I felt so silly after doing that even by accident. 

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

I agree. It drives my OCD nuts so I try to keep my focus to one thread now.

When I first started looking at those threads and sharing my own photos, there was a bit of confusion because the topics are very similar. I double posted once because I hadn't realized I posted to one already. 🙄

Since then, I make a point to keep my focus on one because I felt so silly after doing that even by accident. 

I have to agree.  I really struggle to see the difference between the two threads.  I tend to stick to the "today" thread and don't bother with the other one at all since the majority of pictures there are double postings.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I have to agree.  I really struggle to see the difference between the two threads.  I tend to stick to the "today" thread and don't bother with the other one at all since the majority of pictures there are double postings.

If I were to post the exact same photo, it would be here in one of the Your Avatar thread and maybe one in the Creation forum Art, music and photography depending on the theme.  I have posted the same setting but one usually as a close up.  

I'm still going to go back to a previous peeve.  Pictures on the angle!  I don't know why people started doing this but it's annoying.  I cleaned out a couple dozen people on Flickr who started to only post pics like that.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Pictures on the angle!  I don't know why people started doing this but it's annoying. 

YES!  I agree!  I think it is because it fits the whole avatar into the picture when you zoom in closer than the standard up and down angle.  That is why I do mid-thigh and up pictures.  And cos I suck at full length lol. 

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

While I'll agree that it's silly to double-post pics -- and some people actually do it in more than just those two threads -- it's actually remarkable how little this impacts upon my life.

Lol, I double post...but only pics. Because who knows if people look at both threads. Of course that goes on the assumption that people actually want to see my pics...which isn't always the case!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I thought this forum had a spoiler tag function before. Why was it taken away? 😢

Yes we did - see the below thread that discusses it.  Nobody from LL has said "why" it went away.  My guess is it was just another unforeseen side effect of their latest update --- or they now have to flip some switch to allow spoilers and have not done so.

16 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Lol, I double post...but only pics. Because who knows if people look at both threads. Of course that goes on the assumption that people actually want to see my pics...which isn't always the case!!!

Well, that's the thing. It's annoying to see the same pic in two or three threads -- I get that. But it takes me literally seconds to scroll past 'em.

I really have never understood why people get so aggravated about fluff on the pic threads. They're . . . pics. They're cotton candy. I like them, but my quality of life is really not much endangered by someone posting a comment, or double posting.

/me goes back to sipping her tea and waiting for purchased items to magically appear in her inventory

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.