Jump to content

What are some more of your pet peeves?


Recommended Posts

Peeve:  Group notice delivery working as well poorly as group chat.  Just by chance Salt & Pepper group chat worked today and they commented on a Halloween Store Credit of L$250 that expires at midnight tonight.  The system seldom ever actually notifies me of group notices from that group, so I have to remember to check now & then.  RL has been so hectic the past couple of weeks that I haven't remembered to check all my groups.  

I almost missed out on getting my L$250 store credit.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A bit more than a peeve but having to say goodbye to a furball when you know it's the right thing but the worst decision to have to make.  He has gone to chase balls in the clouds on a walk with Ki no

I don't think that's a metaphor, but whether or not it is, I think you could have found a better way to express yourself. 

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Returning to read after a couple of days and the first thread to stumble upon is the same, old "I'm offended because something doesn't match my preferences!!!1111zoo000mg!".

Fed up again already.

Byeeeee!

 

ETA: Wait, I'm supposed to say "Can I have your stuffs" here, right?

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Weekend events that require me to have a HUD for the Teleports.  Though I suppose I could just search for each store and hope they show up in the results.

Gotta admit, if it's the sale I think you're talking about, I like the system. The TP takes you straight to the item -- no having to wander or use area search. I find it really a really convenient and quick system.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Gotta admit, if it's the sale I think you're talking about, I like the system. The TP takes you straight to the item -- no having to wander or use area search. I find it really a really convenient and quick system.

I never had a problem finding the items on this sale using the previous technique of getting the TP from the web page of pictures.  Just recently changed so that the web page will no longer give the TP link, which I find frustrating.  

In this case, I was at first really ticked when I attached the HUD because I could not tell what store any of the teeny tiny icons were supposed to be.  Luckily, when I clicked the tiny icon for the store, it actually gave me a decent sized picture of the item, which helped greatly in knowing which ones to actually TP to.  My only real irritation with the HUD itself (other than having to use it), is after viewing a picture, I have to click the back arrow to return to the main screen and then click the next store icon to then see the next picture.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Peeve: drunk or over-drugged people still trying to argue online. Holy shizoop, give it up and go to bed! This goes for over-medicating on otherwise legit and prescribed meds too, don’t think it doesn’t. I haven’t experienced much of this recently and the absence of it has been so nice, I was just realizing that today. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

My only real irritation with the HUD itself (other than having to use it), is after viewing a picture, I have to click the back arrow to return to the main screen and then click the next store icon to then see the next picture.

Yes, this. I'll agree on that score, entirely. But then, HUDs in SL really are remarkably primitive, most of them, compared to web technology now.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

   Pet peeve: when this thread ends up on the second page of General. Means people aren't malcontent enough with the world around them!

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Orwar said:

   Pet peeve: when this thread ends up on the second page of General. Means people aren't malcontent enough with the world around them!

^^ This -- I should never have to go to the next page in order to find this thread.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Insomnia.  

It sucks.

I hear you. I'm thinking of setting up a sledgehammer to lamp me on the head while I'm in bed, that would do it. But I bet my son would just bonk the cat with it. Mind you, the cat likes to sit on my head.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I hear you. I'm thinking of setting up a sledgehammer to lamp me on the head while I'm in bed, that would do it. But I bet my son would just bonk the cat with it. Mind you, the cat likes to sit on my head.

I laughed - not at yours or Jordan's insomnia I hasten to point out, but the cat sitting on your head!

Mine also does occasionally.

But my PET peeve is her clawing the carpets trying to tunnel her way under any closed doors in front of her.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Orwar said:

   Hm. Maybe I can be of assistance ..?

bbaccecbcfb884046f0234515c594d95.gif

Don't you mean this guy?

 (Tim Curry is hilarious in that version. It's like he got drunk on set, so they just filmed him because he wouldn't go away.)

 

giphy.gif

Edited by Amina Sopwith
A word.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Emma Krokus said:

I laughed - not at yours or Jordan's insomnia I hasten to point out, but the cat sitting on your head!

Yep, she does that a lot. Many of my posts on here were composed on my phone, with a cat on my head. She's like a rubbish, unbalanced muse, which I guess suits me.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Yep, she does that a lot. Many of my posts on here were composed on my phone, with a cat on my head. She's like a rubbish, unbalanced muse, which I guess suits me.

You mean you haven't conveniently flattened the top of your head for her as behooves a responsible cat slave owner?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

When did it become 3:45am???  INSOMNIA BLOWS!!!  Although it would probably help if I was lying in bed and not sitting at my PC....right? 

Devices are definitely not going to help. Even TV would be better. Try playing a card game or something until you think you might be able to go back to sleep.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Devices are definitely not going to help. Even TV would be better. Try playing a card game or something until you think you might be able to go back to sleep.

But do avoid Tarot... and the amazing Tarot thread! You'll be scared... OR giggling!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...