What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1230 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

People. Just people. 

Had to go into the city to pick car up after annual test.

Starbucks on the way in was crowded, (no I didn't go in), and the car park of the garden centre next door was full.

We have a lockdown, but idiots can't be told.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 4

25 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

People. Just people. 

Starbucks on the way in was crowded, (no I didn't go in), and the car park of the garden centre next door was full.

I saw an online post recently in which a woman expressed her horror and disgust that when she went to the garden centre, lots of other people were there too. 

To be fair, this was everywhere back in March. "I know it's essential shopping only, but I really did need chocolate." "Of course I'm isolating, it's only my daughter and the grandkids who drop in every other day." "I don't get it, when I go to the supermarket, other people are there as well! How can this be??"

I think I said at the time that for the first time ever, I actually felt sorry for Boris. It must be like trying to run a nation of Goreans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

At this moment it is some people in SL. I'm out shopping and I just got an IM from a total stranger telling me I'm a rude such and such for not responding to them. I looked in local chat to see if I had missed something directed at me and there was nothing. I was baffled. I didn't really know how to respond besides explaining I hadn't received any messages from them prior to now and nothing was in nearby chat.

Come to find out her and her buddies were speaking on voice at me. My voice is turned off since it is pointless to have it on in light of the fact I'm deaf. Even after I explained this to her, she continued to insult and call names. She is blocked now. I just don't understand people sometimes. This isn't the first time someone has pulled this with me and I just don't get it. How hard is it to be polite?

• Sad 10

35 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I saw an online post recently in which a woman expressed her horror and disgust that when she went to the garden centre, lots of other people were there too. 

To be fair, this was everywhere back in March. "I know it's essential shopping only, but I really did need chocolate." "Of course I'm isolating, it's only my daughter and the grandkids who drop in every other day." "I don't get it, when I go to the supermarket, other people are there as well! How can this be??"

I think I said at the time that for the first time ever, I actually felt sorry for Boris. It must be like trying to run a nation of Goreans.

This is why I can't understand people who get furious and say the lockdown's trampling on their rights...it's not even a real lockdown! As far as I can see you could get in trouble in May for sitting in an almost empty park with nobody near you...but it's fine to crowd into Starbucks, or go on holiday (so many people from my work have taken flights around Europe this summer...)

I just go to the supermarket at 7am, twice a week now, or order from Boots online...crowds and people walking up close are doing my head in :|

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

This is why I can't understand people who get furious and say the lockdown's trampling on their rights...it's not even a real lockdown! As far as I can see you could get in trouble in May for sitting in an almost empty park with nobody near you...but it's fine to crowd into Starbucks, or go on holiday (so many people from my work have taken flights around Europe this summer...)

I just go to the supermarket at 7am, twice a week now, or order from Boots online...crowds and people walking up close are doing my head in :|

Crowds at 7am? That does surprise me.

I do get a bit tired sometimes of the question, "How long are we supposed to go on like this?" I dunno, ask the virus, I'm sure it'll feck off sooner once it realises it's not welcome. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Oh no, I meant I go at 7am to avoid the crowds. I went one afternoon in April and it was packed, and a few people were getting angry because half the self-service tills were down...so I decided to just get up early and do it first thing. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I know, isn't it amazing? Natural selection in action!

If that were it, I'd have less concern about it. It's that they may well go on to infect people who really are trying to keep the risk to a minimum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

At this moment it is some people in SL. I'm out shopping and I just got an IM from a total stranger telling me I'm a rude such and such for not responding to them. I looked in local chat to see if I had missed something directed at me and there was nothing. I was baffled. I didn't really know how to respond besides explaining I hadn't received any messages from them prior to now and nothing was in nearby chat.

Come to find out her and her buddies were speaking on voice at me. My voice is turned off since it is pointless to have it on in light of the fact I'm deaf. Even after I explained this to her, she continued to insult and call names. She is blocked now. I just don't understand people sometimes. This isn't the first time someone has pulled this with me and I just don't get it. How hard is it to be polite?

I've had this happen to me also.  I normally tell them that if they had been paying attention, they would have seen there was no voice dot over my head and that it is rude to assume everyone has it enabled while out shopping and that it's actually more rude to get it my IM to rant about it.

THEN I block them.

• Like 6

A lot we know make and justify their own rules. Meeting for coffee. Having friends round. Going to shopping malls as normal. One couple in their 80s go to the city by train every week for groceries, when the local store is a ten minute walk away. One couple go to the pub, then go for an eat in chinese meal....until this lockdown. Some are still flying, and justifying this by saying where they are going is safer than the UK.

We do groceries once a week at 7am.

We get online deliveries for heavier stuff.

Our only exposure is our family childcare bubble, which comprises three, including the toddler.  My family are key workers, but mostly working at home. That's the extent of our risk taking.

Edited by BelindaN
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

"I know it's essential shopping only, but I really did need chocolate."

To be fair, chocolate really IS essential - at least to my mental health.

3 hours ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

Come to find out her and her buddies were speaking on voice at me. My voice is turned off since it is pointless to have it on in light of the fact I'm deaf. Even after I explained this to her, she continued to insult and call names.

Right before blocking her, I probably would have told her that "Everyone except idiots knows that someone without a green dot above their head is not listening to voice".

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Back in the early lockdown days, the grocery stores here would open at 7:00 am - an hour early - for us old folks.  I was actually amazed at the line that would start forming 15-20 minutes before that opening time and at how many people were in line by the time the store actually did open.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

To be fair, chocolate really IS essential - at least to my mental health.

Right before blocking her, I probably would have told her that "Everyone except idiots knows that someone without a green dot above their head is not listening to voice".

I would of liked to have said something like that too. It just seems my brain freezes up in situations like that. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BelindaN said:

People. Just people. 

they were just doing what you yourself was doing.. ignoring the lockdown... so they are no more at fault for being there either.

picking up your car or not you were still ignoring the lockdown too.

its funny when people complain about what others were doing when they were doing it themselves too.

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1230 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.