What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Poutine? Like, with slaughtered potatoes and cheese from exploited slave cows?

Not a chance.

Unless you are using that disgusting vegan cheese stuff, the cheese doesn't fit. And as was just mentioned: gravy. 

What have you got against BDSM cows? Surely, cows have the same rights to be in M/s relationships as they do vanilla ones.

(mmmmm vanilla cows. I've heard a cream soda (creme?) float called that. yum)

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Unless you are using that disgusting vegan cheese stuff, the cheese doesn't fit. And as was just mentioned: gravy. 

What have you got against BDSM cows? Surely, cows have the same rights to be in M/s relationships as they do vanilla ones.

I am a firm advocate of a cow's right to choose how, where, and when they deploy their teats. Frankly, I"m a little pissed off about the double standard that permits bulls to wander around fields without a shred of decency, while the female of the species remain hidden from view in "cow sheds."

And actually, truth be known, I don't eat poutine. I can't stand the stuff, in any form.

(I also hate hockey. And I'm so-so on maple syrup. But let's keep that to ourselves, please.)

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra

3 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

WTF?  Vegan cheese?  There should be a law against that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Wow. I just made a noob Google mistake. Earlier and elsewhere I posted pictures of real cats in latex fetish wear. They kinda freaked out Rowan. With the talk of BDSM cows, and vanilla cows (the beverage), I just tried to find a jpg or gif to post here as a joke.

Oh no. Oh. No. I. Dint! :::facepalms::: 

I'll just leave it to your imaginations what images appeared.

Such a noob mistake.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

Wow. I just made a noob Google mistake. Earlier and elsewhere I posted pictures of real cats in latex fetish wear. They kinda freaked out Rowan. With the talk of BDSM cows, and vanilla cows (the beverage), I just tried to find a jpg or gif to post here as a joke.

Such a noob mistake.

A friend recently searched for "waterhorse" -- because she was interested in buying a horse for riding in-world. Apparently that too was a bad mistake.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Such a noob mistake.

And why they have those filters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I am a firm advocate of a cow's right to choose how, where, and when they deploy their teats. Frankly, I"m a little pissed off about the double standard that permits bulls to wander around fields without a shred of decency, while the female of the species remain hidden from view in "cow sheds."

And actually, truth be known, I don't eat poutine. I can't stand the stuff, in any form.

(I also hate hockey. And I'm so-so on maple syrup. But let's keep that to ourselves, please.)

There are places around here (in what is often called South Canada) that serve poutine, but I am holding out to eating my first when I'm in Canada. (Wonders if Americans will ever again be able to go north without getting shot.) 

Ah, when I was growing up in Michigan we barely even had to stop at the Canadian border. We just sort of slowed down and waved. 

I actually have a Canadian Bucket List. Poutine is one item. I'm going to go for the full on carnivore version.

H also hates hockey. That might be a Canadian academic thing?

So-so on maple syrup though? :::hits the defriend button:::

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

And why they have those filters.

I didn't say I didn't want to see them, or looked away or whatever. :D

I just was surprised when they appeared. (And then I immediately wasn't surprised.) And I scrolled down a lot, with a curiosity. 

I don't need no stinkin filters. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I'm going to go for the full on carnivore version.

Strictly speaking, a carnivorous version of poutine is a violation of the laws of nature. Sort of like (dare I say it?) pineapple on pizza.

ETA: Oh, and I like maple syrup. It's just not my favourite thing. And I don't want to see it anywhere but on a pancake.

Now, we really should be talking about butter tarts. THOSE are worth gaining a bit of weight for.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Strictly speaking, a carnivorous version of poutine is a violation of the laws of nature. Sort of like (dare I say it?) pineapple on pizza.

ETA: Oh, and I like maple syrup. It's just not my favourite thing. And I don't want to see it anywhere but on a pancake.

Now, we really should be talking about butter tarts. THOSE are worth gaining a bit of weight for.

If you're vegan, can you eat butter?

1 minute ago, RowanMinx said:

If you're vegan, can you eat butter?

Sadly, I'm a horrible person, and I'm not vegan. Nor even a vegetarian, although I'd like to be -- and probably could and should be.

I could actually pretty much live on red pasta, falafel, and salads. But meat is difficult to give up, especially when your partner isn't ready to go along.

4 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

But I ate fishfingers and pork in secret -those were my cheat days 

I have quasi-vegetarian friends who occasionally eat seafood . . . I think the rationale is that fish are really very stupid. I'm not sure how that quite justifies it, but whatevs.

5 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

And Hawaiian is the best pizza topping 

I still like you.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I have quasi-vegetarian friends who occasionally eat seafood . . . I think the rationale is that fish are really very stupid. I'm not sure how that quite justifies it, but whatevs.

Well people who do diets are allowed cheat days when they can have chocolate or cake and not worry about it. 

So I did the same on a vegetarian diet...but with fishfinger sandwiches :P

Same thing...sort of??

• Haha 3

Just now, Rat Luv said:

Well people who do diets are allowed cheat days when they can have chocolate or cake and not worry about it. 

So I did the same on a vegetarian diet...but with fishfinger sandwiches :P

Same thing...sort of??

What? No pudding to go with those fishfingers? For shame.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.