What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Bagnu said:
6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Chyba że ktoś jest faszystą.

fogalmam sincs mit mondtal lol!!! De valahogy gondolom!!!

Well, you said "there is no accounting for taste", and my joke reply was "unless one is a fascist! "

* Because, fascists don't care about diversity or the variety of 'tastes' in this world...they think they have the one true way and everybody else should conform.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Well, you said "there is no accounting for taste", and my joke reply was "unless one is a fascist! "

And I wrote back: I have no idea what you said, but I have an idea. I'm still smiling about our exchange!!!

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 1

Flickr, which I use for 99.9999% SL things (if you look closely you can find RL things on the stream), is nothing BUT a peeve.

Maybe I am wrong, and people can correct me (and I truly hope you do), but it is so annoying that you cannot group the groups into groups! :)

There are destination groups that require SLurls. There are some that do not. There are some that allow avatars in the shot and some vehemently do not! Etc. Some are moderate groups. Some safe only. You can't always tell by the name of the group!

Why can't I put my groups into specific folders? Thus preventing me from each effing time I want to post something to a group having to scroll through a long line of SL groups and wondering "I don't remember if I can have an avatar in that photo or not..."

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Flickr, which I use for 99.9999% SL things (if you look closely you can find RL things on the stream), is nothing BUT a peeve.

Maybe I am wrong, and people can correct me (and I truly hope you do), but it is so annoying that you cannot group the groups into groups! :)

There are destination groups that require SLurls. There are some that do not. There are some that allow avatars in the shot and some vehemently do not! Etc. Some are moderate groups. Some safe only. You can't always tell by the name of the group!

Why can't I put my groups into specific folders? Thus preventing me from each effing time I want to post something to a group having to scroll through a long line of SL groups and wondering "I don't remember if I can have an avatar in that photo or not..."

Yes, yes, yes.

• Like 1

I have a peeve in real life that women have to wear high heels in certain jobs while men get to wear comfortable shoes.

I remember trying to walk in my Mother's high heels when I was child of about 7.  It was a horrible experience as I was wobbling all over the place.  

But, please, going forward into the 21st Century, can't we let women, all women, including executive types and other's such as airline attendants, wear safe and practical shoes?

I noticed Kamala Harris wears high heels...so do most powerful women.  It's expected.  Ivanka's hardly a lone example in my photo below.  Far from it.  So, if I wanted to be successful - I'd have to walk around in high heels.  Ahhhhhh!  They hurt!  And, it's sexist.  

trump.jpg

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 4

Apparently I cannot complain about my VERY PUBLIC alt! SR must have complained that I was JOKING about being PO'd about her Flickr. She's such a dork. 

WTF?

So Orwar had his reply to THAT comment removed. I mean... WHAT??????  

However, back on another thread, pages of OFF TOPIC political things that have been officially flagged as off topic are still there. Funny how that happens.

wtf

wtf

What does anyone have to do around here to get things applied EVENLY? She wonders, quite PEEVED.

simons cat licks butt.JPG

Edited by Gatogateau
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gatogateau said:

I find it annoying that people STILL put their pictures in EVERY group they can, whether it applies to the group or not. 

Example...
Group - Female Face Close Up
Some pictures in the group include - full length body shots, a dude slapping some bimbo on a St Andrew's Cross, some chick's huge bazongas and another's huge badonkadonk.

I thought limiting the groups you could put your pics in would stop that, but the "opt out" negated that idea.  People still seem to find a way to put their pics in hundreds of groups.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I find it annoying that people STILL put their pictures in EVERY group they can, whether it applies to the group or not. 

Example...
Some pictures in the group include - full length body shots, a dude slapping some bimbo on a St Andrew's Cross, some chick's huge bazongas and another's huge badonkadonk.

I thought limiting the groups you could put your pics in would stop that, but the "opt out" negated that idea.  People still seem to find a way to put their pics in hundreds of groups.

I put mine in a lot of groups but only ones that are appropriate.  I wish, like Gato mentioned, they would have some way to group your groups.  I have quite a few adult themed groups I have to scroll through to get to the ones I want.  

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Apparently I cannot complain about my VERY PUBLIC alt! SR must have complained that I was JOKING about being PO'd about her Flickr. She's such a dork. 

WTF?

So Orwar had his reply to THAT comment removed. I mean... WHAT??????  

However, back on another thread, pages of OFF TOPIC political things that have been officially flagged as off topic are still there. Funny how that happens.

wtf

wtf

What does anyone have to do around here to get things applied EVENLY? She wonders, quite PEEVED.

simons cat licks butt.JPG

😘^?

13 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Example...

My fave is a group I really like, about "dark and moody" and for a while there, while most people were adhering to the rules and INTENT of the group, we'd get pictures of baby girls in pink and bubble gum colors and bright light. Fairies with pastel fairy-ness. The opposite of dark and moody, in other words. Thank goodness, someone there woke up and the moderation is back.

MODERATION, when applied EVENLY for EVERYONE instead of being applied like a blindfolded drunk throwing darts at a board that has been removed, is a blessing. Otherwise... it is a peeve.

Last post. Even cats have their limits. The inmates are running the asylum, and I mean that as literally as the metaphor allows.

Edited by Gatogateau
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Example...

I heard people do that because they are trying to get as many likes as possible.  Now, I don't use FLICKR very often but there was a reason they wanted a lot of likes no matter how they had to get them, but I forgot why.  It gives them 'something or other'.  And, whatever they are after with the likes obviously didn't impress upon me as anything important to 'my life', anyways.   But, I am also reasonable on FLICKR.  Some are, some aren't.  It is kinda madness there at times. 

Edited by FairreLilette

4 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I heard people do that because they are trying to get as many likes as possible.  Now, I don't use FLICKR very often but there was a reason they wanted a lot of likes no matter how they had to get them, but I forgot why.  It gives them 'something or other'.  And, whatever they are after with the likes obviously didn't impress upon me as anything important to 'my life', anyways.   But, I am also reasonable on FLICKR.  Some are, some aren't.  It is kinda madness there at times. 

I think the only time likes mean anything on Flickr is if you're a blogger.  When you apply to blog for a specific brand, they want to see how many followers you have, how many likes on all your media platforms.  It's the stores that want the most exposure so if you do have hundreds of likes, they know people are looking at your Flickr and/or blog.

• Like 3

I'm peeved that the post by a certain cat (who won't be getting "Seafood Supreme" for dinner tonight after all) that implied I was White Knighting, is gone. I had a really funny answer I was going to make!

Poop.

Now I have to White Knight someone else for the opportunity to arise again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, RowanMinx said:

I think the only time likes mean anything on Flickr is if you're a blogger.  When you apply to blog for a specific brand, they want to see how many followers you have, how many likes on all your media platforms.  It's the stores that want the most exposure so if you do have hundreds of likes, they know people are looking at your Flickr and/or blog.

^^^ EXACTLY THIS!!!! ^^^

I have been a blogger for 11 years and have so-so follows and likes on Flickr because I don't play the Flickr games.  I don't like millions of pictures to get likes back.  I don't add my pictures to every group under the sun to get more likes.  I play by the rules...and just don't apply for or get rejected by stores asking for bazillions of followers and likes.

In the end, I am happy just doing my own thing and am thankful to still have some people who appreciate what I do.

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.