What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1381 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not so new peeve, but I just encountered it again. Creators who make black and/or white colors as fatpack exclusives.

And while item in question could be nice enough so I'd want to buy it in the first place, it's not that amazing to pay 1.5-2k extra for literally nothing, and I'm not going to use those extra colors.

• Like 4

People wanting to be in my space when they're obviously not wanted here. I fail to see why someone telling you they don't want to be around you would make you want to be around them more. its very juvenile and immature, not to mention can turn predatory if its irl. I'm generally someone who doesn't like to be around people I don't already know and am overall a 'Don't touch me' kind of person, so people always tell me its just me, but pretty much all my female friends have issues with people (mainly men) venturing too far into personal space and getting hostile when asked not to. why? what do you gain from forcing your presence on people who don't want you around? I hate it.

On 7/1/2020 at 5:48 AM, Sukubia Scarmon said:

I mean, I am already pretty peeved about black and white almost always being the rares in a gacha - but that'd take the cake for me as well and would make me super pissed. 

Yeah this is why I pretty much never bother with clothing gatchas. 99% of my wardrobe is black and white, and I'm not going to wear bright pastel pink, becky. do I look like I wear uggs and count instagram as a hobby?

Edited by MissMagicCakes
  • Like 3

Sales that advertise items as being, say 50% off but actually aren't. I don't know if anyone else does this but I always check against the retail price and it's almost as if those creators assume their customers can't do math.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

"Sorry, but I don't accept random friendship requests."

"Sorry, but I won't converse with non-mesh avatars or people who look noob."

"Sorry ... "

Pet peeve. People who say "sorry", when they clearly are not sorry! 

sorry, that you are being so peeved over this.. :P

had to yank your chain ya know.

• Haha 2

Just now, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

sorry, that you are being so peeved over this.. :P

had to yank your chain ya know.

That's what my sole purpose on this earth is, to have my chain yanked! 

Yank away.

/me sings ... glad to be of service ;) 

• Haha 1

On 7/1/2020 at 3:49 AM, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

peeve... my snarkiness level has gone down a few notch's... 

must find the snarkiness control and turn it back up.. none of this level 3 stuff allowed!!.. must raise it back to level 5 or higher like it was before!!! :P

I caught your snark I think - I am at level 11 on the snark scale currently. Have bitten my tongue so much this past four days, it resembles a doily! 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

I caught your snark I think - I am at level 11 on the snark scale currently. Have bitten my tongue so much this past four days, it resembles a doily! 

sometimes its good to let your snarkiness out and let it play.. keeping it caged just makes it meaner. a mean snarky is harder to control. they will do and say things you might later regret.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

"Sorry ... "

Yeah, and all those smarmy "we apologize for the inconvenience" statements from businesses, when what they really mean is "we couldn't be arsed to provide an actual person to fix your issue, so we fobbed you off on a bot."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

"Sorry ... "

Sorry,i ate your blueberry cake 😁

• Haha 2

Just now, Panteleeva said:

Sorry,i ate your blueberry cake 😁

Yes! That is a PERFECT example of someone doing something and not being at all sorry for it.

These people ought to have the word "sorry" surgically inserted up their rectums, from where they speak the most truths.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Yes! That is a PERFECT example of someone doing something and not being at all sorry for it.

These people ought to have the word "sorry" surgically inserted up their rectums, from where they speak the most truths.

see me eating your cake.

p.s and you are right,all these sorry in profilies looks like "uck off please".

GettyImages-145561913-584def375f9b58a8cd08a26c.jpg

• Thanks 1

This Is Just To Say

I have eaten

the plums

that were in

the icebox

and which

you were probably

saving

for breakfast

Forgive me

they were delicious

so sweet

and so cold

William Carlos Williams

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A guy who doesn't tell you he has a partner. A guy who starts off OK then starts saying "come here", "shush" and various other irritations. A guy who can't understand why you defriended him, and wants to continue deceiving his partner.

Actually more than a peeve. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

This Is Just To Say

I have eaten

the plums

that were in

the icebox

and which

you were probably

saving

for breakfast

Forgive me

they were delicious

so sweet

and so cold

William Carlos Williams

Oh, the good doctor is one of my favorite poets! Thanks for reminding me of this one!

• Like 1

Not a peeve, but I recently purchased this T-shirt from Dead Doll (nope, not a typo, she's recently dropped the zed), and thought of this thread. Also, Chic Chica has the 4th of July particle popper as a free gift (not sure if you need to be a group member or not).  Happy (safe) 4th to those who celebrate, and ffs, wear a mask!

peeves and popper 070420_001.jpg

• Haha 1

An actual peeve, IRL and SL: People who only hear/read the first five words of whatever you are saying, decide they already know what you are saying, and then spend the rest of the time NOT listening/reading what you actually write but are preparing in their head how they are going to respond to you. Because they haven't listened their assumptions are dead wrong. Because they continue to not listen — being intent upon formulating their response — they do not hear that what you said after the first five words is completely different from what they thought they heard. And, because they are the type of people who do not listen, even after they make their response and you try to correct their inaccurate assumptions, they don't listen...

What is remarkable is that this happens in print, here in the Forum or inworld, just as much as it does verbally IRL (well, that's my experience). In print you can say to the inattentive, "Reread that paragraph, please, that is not what I said..." And 9 times out of 10 that makes no difference. Or they may admit that, oops, they did misread it, but if you ask them later they are still holding onto their initial, wrong, view of what you said. 

Drives me bats. I've seen it do great damage here in the Forum, to me and to many others. It screws up personal relationships.

Second peeve that I have recently received via SL: People who don't get what a real apology is. I've written about this before, in the defunct thread.  "IF I offended you, I'm sorry but..."  This is so not an apology. "If I offended you..." refutes that you just told the person, "I'm hurt/offended that..." and no true apology ever contains the word "but."  Or the reasonable sounding, "I'm sorry but we are both equally responsible..." Uh, again, that "but" and also the blame shifting of equally responsible. If you screwed up it shouldn't be so hard just to simply say, "I screwed up by doing xyz and I'm sorry."  I'm sorry, I could go on, but I won't. :D

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1381 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.