What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1236 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Janet Voxel said:

OOOOOOOHHHHH I hate that! 

I also hate when you buy a fatpack and its a bunch of loose items in every colour! I bought the fatpack so that I could have the convenience of a hud....not 30 additional items.

And I really hate when those 30 additional items that don't even look like the same item in the photo. lol It's like gong to a fast food restaurant and the difference between the advertisement picture and what they actually serve you. Lmao!!!!!😁😎

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

People who think it's ok in telling others how they should decorate the INSIDE walls of their houses.  The outside walls are standard Linden issued colors, but they have issues with the walls behind closed doors? Call da police, I don't care.

(name redacted): I guess you're a girlie kind of guy.....  "pink walls" ???

Eddy Vortex: why not?

(name redacted): I've made a lot of my walls pink, but not "hot" pink...  I try to be considerate of my neighbors and make sure what they look at is attractive and not an eyesore. I don't like coming across offensive; however, I really didn't know how else to tell you how I feel. Perhaps, I'm not diplomatic enough.

Eddy Vortex: you can always AR me and call in a Linden god to settle this matter.

Wow.   Your were far nicer than I would have been.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Fortunately for them, they didn't escalate further in their demands or I would've given them the two barrels treatment.

your house, your right to decorate the inside how you want. if they dont like it then they should not have been spying on the inside of it. tough if they think its their right to do so or think they have any right or power to tell you how you have to have your house. this is not some housing association bs.

its not like your house having hot pink walls would bring down the property value of their house if they ever wanted to sell it..

if I ever get a house in sl again I should make it neon colors with every room mismatched with the coloring of what is inside it..just because of idiots like that one..

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Janet Voxel said:

I also hate when you buy a fatpack and its a bunch of loose items in every colour! I bought the fatpack so that I could have the convenience of a hud....not 30 additional items.

Back when I was a noob, we didn't HAVE no fancy HUDs.  We just filled up our inventories with hundreds o' texture pants and tops with diffr'nt colors.  You youngsters are spoiled.

And we walked to the infohub five hundred meters in the snow.  Uphill.  Both ways.

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

19 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

if I ever get a house in sl again I should make it neon colors with every room mismatched with the coloring of what is inside it..just because of idiots like that one..

I'm gonna keep my walls in "hot pink" permanently for this exact reason; their rude IM cemented the decision between that and orange. 😂

The Linden Victorians have this new feature where you can enter your own custom RGB colors, which I find pretty cool.  My "hot pink" wall is supposed to be Pantone Chili Pepper 19-1557:

hotpink_001.thumb.png.f11fc443b3c035dbc20f037df83944d9.png

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I'm gonna keep my walls in "hot pink" permanently for this exact reason; their rude IM cemented the decision between that and orange. 😂

The Linden Victorians have this new feature where you can enter your own custom RGB colors, which I find pretty cool.  My "hot pink" wall is supposed to be Pantone Chili Pepper 19-1557:

I like that color. Looks more red then hot pink. I'd keep the color too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When I am chatting with someone about a non-sexual topic, like fave metal bands and they randomly drop in an eggplant emoji out of nowhere. Wth? Do they suddenly decide,”Well we have talked about metal a few minutes, time to drop the eggplant! Are you that lazy? What are you trying to say, metal gives you an “eggplant”? Are you making me moussaka? ‘Cause that’s the ONLY place I ever want to see that! Gahhhh!

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Sorry for being off topic and not having a pet peeve, but I have to say that color reminds me of a really deep set Ruby. It is lovely. Good taste!

Edited by LyricalBookworm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sardonyx Mysterious said:

When I am chatting with someone about a non-sexual topic, like fave metal bands and they randomly drop in an eggplant emoji out of nowhere. Wth? Do they suddenly decide,”Well we have talked about metal a few minutes, time to drop the eggplant! Are you that lazy? What are you trying to say, metal gives you an “eggplant”? Are you making me moussaka? ‘Cause that’s the ONLY place I ever want to see that! Gahhhh!

Perhaps vegan black metal eggplant parmesan?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Needing something that I know damn good and well is somewhere in my inventory but not being able to remember the name and being completely unable to find it. It's a screen/room divider thingie and it has ribbons on it that are color change. I used it in a house I lived in a year ago. I've tried all the keywords to search. I've looked through every folder that it could or should possibly be in. I want to scream.

My inventory. My entire inventory is a pet peeve. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Needing something that I know damn good and well is somewhere in my inventory but not being able to remember the name and being completely unable to find it. It's a screen/room divider thingie and it has ribbons on it that are color change. I used it in a house I lived in a year ago. I've tried all the keywords to search. I've looked through every folder that it could or should possibly be in. I want to scream.

My inventory. My entire inventory is a pet peeve. 

the real question is.. is it still there or did you ever delete it by mistake at some point. or did the creator leave and their items were removed from the grid for some reason. ive done the former before and wanted to kick myself because I couldn't remember the store where I got it to request a redeliver if it was not bought off the mp.

10 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

the real question is.. is it still there or did you ever delete it by mistake at some point. or did the creator leave and their items were removed from the grid for some reason. ive done the former before and wanted to kick myself because I couldn't remember the store where I got it to request a redeliver if it was not bought off the mp.

it was a copy item, and I never delete copy items from my inventory... only the rezzed copy I have out. It was from a well known creator, though I can't remember which one, so I doubt it's gone. I can't remember if I bought it in a store, or on the MP. 

It's going to drive me bonkers until I find it.

16 hours ago, Sardonyx Mysterious said:

I have no idea what an egg plant emojii means to you, well I have no idea what an eggplant emojii actually is because being human I don't bother with emojii's. Maybe its just a random picture to them like it is to most sane people and they just dropped it in because they thought "oh sardonyx loves those emojii things because she is hard of thinking, this is an emojii so here goes"

1 minute ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Another is 20,504,864,124,544.2 "objects."  Sometimes when turfing those, who knows if there's some I shouldn't turf! :D

I you have that many objects then maybe, just maybe you need to step away from the shopping cart right now

• Haha 1

The tiny little "Do not show me this again" checkbox is too darn close to the OK button in the delete confirmation window.  When I'm in a hurry, I end up double-clicking in the confirm box - accidentally ticking the checkbox and then clicking OK.  Then I have to pull up preferences again to put the delete confirmation back as an 'Always show', rather than 'Never show'.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The tiny little "Do not show me this again" checkbox is too darn close to the OK button in the delete confirmation window.  When I'm in a hurry, I end up double-clicking in the confirm box - accidentally ticking the checkbox and then clicking OK.  Then I have to pull up preferences again to put the delete confirmation back as an 'Always show', rather than 'Never show'.

The wont damce with you button is far too close to the yummy yes pkease button on the dialog as littleme always presses the wrong one

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1236 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.