Things you wished your viewer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1457 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

if there was one thing that I would like in the Linden viewer it would be, being able to increase the amount of graphics RAM on the slider like I can on my TPV of choice.  Which eliminates a lot of texture thrashing, at least on my computer. It is this that has me using a TPV (even tho I also like some of the other TPV features)

i understand why Linden don't do this because CoffeeDujour explained why not on here a while ago.  Apparently quite a few video cards tell lies about their capabilities when queried which the querying program (viewer) can't rely on. So Linden take the more cautious path on this which is understandable

this said, I would still like it in the Linden viewer, even if when used we got a warning saying do this at your own peril

Edited by Mollymews
it
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

I wish Black Dragon had Firestorm's built-in AO.

That's all.

And didn't seem built specifically to give the finger to how everyone else does things. Really, I just wish Firestorm had the poser, that would serve me pretty well. I don't have the brain or patience to use most of the very subtle effects that can be tweaked in BD anyhow, and even thought I used it for a couple of weeks almost exclusively, never got over the impression it was designed specifically to make things harder and frustrate me.

• Like 4

This is going to sound pretty minor, but not having used SL much for a while, I still remember how irritating it is to try to move (I always use the arrow keys) only to get an annoying sound, and then have to deselect whatever window I had active before I could move. IIRC the only thing I could have active and move was the chat thing in the toolbar, not even the chat window. Even though I think there is some setting like 'Arrows always move me.' Which only seems to mean you can't use arrows to move around in text in chat or IM windows.

Oh, and I wish I could log out of one account and into another with having to reboot Firestorm. Seems pretty bizarre.

Overall, though, I like the features FS gives me. I have tried other viewers occasionally, including the LL one, and was shocked at how few features they have that I depend on, like the built-in AO and blocking spam from groups.

• Like 1

Just now, Madelaine McMasters said:

I wish my viewer had the ability to run without crashing.

I've had that wish for 12 years.

Interesting. I don't see that many crashes these days. Mostly when I try to TP, and not that often then. Even that used to be far more of a problem for me.

2 minutes ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

Interesting. I don't see that many crashes these days. Mostly when I try to TP, and not that often then. Even that used to be far more of a problem for me.

I admit 'crashing' was a thing of the past until recently. Now I think because a lot of people are home all day, the internet cant cope anymore ...more than it being a Viewer problem. 

Just now, CheriColette said:

I admit 'crashing' was a thing of the past until recently. Now I think because a lot of people are home all day, the internet cant cope anymore ...more than it being a Viewer problem. 

No, it never quite went away for me. For quite a while every few days I would try to TP and my viewer would lock up and log me out. I can't say I have seen any difference over the last couple of months. OTOH, I have hardly been in SL the last few months, so perhaps it is worse now and I just haven't noticed.

Where to begin

-Ability to save my own custom functions to my computer and load them back in to wherever the cursor is in the script window. Idk why no one TPV wise hasn’t done this yet. We scripters do not get enough love.

-Ability to re name multiple things at once

-Ability to set permissions on multiple items from a single properties window

-Jellydoll type feature for overly complex mesh builds

-Option to switch to V1 / FS chat style in the official viewer to get away from the horrific frankenchat it currently has

-Option to turn off group chat entirely in the official viewer

-Option to see nearby avatars listed up to 4096m in the official viewer and zoom in on them

If these three were in the official viewer I would use it happily as my exclusive viewer....

-Ability to create sub folders inside of objects for better management in projects that have a large amount of internal assets such as scripts, objects, notecards, animations etc

-2D single face plane prims

-Allow the upload of longer sound clips maybe 60 seconds

-Integrated bitbucket support for Scripters

blah blah blah more for Scripters blah blah less for bloggers and family loonatics they have enough already 

Edited by ItHadToComeToThis
  • Like 1

1) Ability to set triangle limit that completely obliterates higher triangle objects and avatars that are above my limit.

Just dreaming of how nice it would be to have that control and the high triangle objects gone if needed to extinguish lag and ruining my time on SL.  Because lag is a total drag...it's like a salmon trying to swim upstream.  

2)  Ability to hide friends seeing if I'm online as sometimes I absolutely do not have time to chat.  

Edited by FairreLilette

The ability to either summon Ninja Guardians or Protective Pirates whenever one feels their avatar has been griefed.

OK, I know this would never be used for its stated purpose......

.....I just want to see that neverending “Pirates vs Ninjas” battle at Waterhead....

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2926815a8cc91f253dd6

• Haha 1

On 4/8/2020 at 6:39 PM, ballparkdogg said:

What are some things you wish your viewer for SL had?

Free money,  roughly about $10k would do. 

Then I could randomly hand it out just...for because....

It's ok, we all know I'm weird. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Batch renaming of inventory items
  • Ability to add prefix or suffix on upload
  • Setting up permissions for multiple items at once
  • Orthographic view with a grid option

Uploader general overhaul  so the system rewards optimizing (which is not the case atm)..they should also correct upload prices, for example one texture of any size  and a mesh of cca 2k triangles cost 10L$ and those two do not affect viewer performance the same way...Textures should be cheaper, i.e. 1-2 L$ and mesh upload should be  based on file size, triangle count etc so a simple cube does not cost the same as 2k triangles mesh...and yes I know, dream on lol, but the question is what I`d like to see and this is it!

• Like 2

As a builder, the simple ability to right click on a linked object, edit it and click a tab that allows me to see all the names of every linked object in the build and select the individual part from there based on name.

And better inventory management tools.

Edited by Drayke Newall
  • Like 2

On 4/8/2020 at 6:39 PM, ballparkdogg said:

What are some things you wish your viewer for SL had??  For example..the ability to log griefers out of SL.  

the ability to put clothes on people who rez naked.    Do not show puzzy or boobs function would be swell.

Edited by Tarina Sewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1457 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.