Things you wished your viewer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1456 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I want to be able to click a box and have everything outside of my current parcel derendered.  Modifying my view distance does not do that - if I'm near the edge of my parcel and need the view distance to show me my entire parcel, I still don't want to see the crap on the neighboring parcel.

• Like 2

I wish the LL viewer could list the names of objects rezzed in your parcel and their coordinates to you can teleport directly to them.

That would be nice to easily find the transparent box I'm pretty sure I've lost in the sky because lord knows I really don't want to delete all the furniture and turn my whole parcel upside down just to find that rouge prim.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Gregorian Chant said:

I wish the LL viewer could list the names of objects rezzed in your parcel and their coordinates to you can teleport directly to them.

That would be nice to easily find the transparent box I'm pretty sure I've lost in the sky because lord knows I really don't want to delete all the furniture and turn my whole parcel upside down just to find that rouge prim.

Install firestorm, use Area Search, list yourself as Owner and click find - it will list all objects.  You can then right click any item in the search list and zoom camera to it or TP to it.

Yeah - I know it was in answer to what you wished the SL Viewer did, but I figured I'd tell you how with another viewer just in case you didn't know and needed to do it.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

Bearing in mind I don't have the background knowledge to fully understand how viewers work or could be made to work:

I wish viewers would prioritise avatar positioning over everything else.

Stuff takes time to load in, and that's fine. I'll often need perhaps a minute or two for the world to be fully populated. I'm okay with longer times than that too... but what I'm not okay with is the constant rubberbanding and "treacle-walking". It's horrific, frustrating, and makes me want to gouge my eyes out. Letting me move around the environment is a far, far higher priority than the environment loading in, and rubberbanding while buildings slowly pop in shouldn't ever happen.

I have no idea how this could be done, if it's a server-side problem rather than or as well as a viewer problem, or anything like that. But god damn is this an unending source of frustration.

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1456 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.