SL things you're glad don't exist IRL

lucagrabacr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1578 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hitting a bazillion "this parcel has music from xyz" and "allow/deny" followed by "now/always..." every time you walk through a neighborhood, and being unable to move until you select all the options. This is particularly annoying while wandering Bellissaria (or however it is spelled). This allow/deny nonsense makes you recall that you had streaming music set, so now you have to change that, except when you return to your home you can't figure out why the radio doesn't work. Or perhaps this last bit is just me...

• Like 3

Flying.

Flying is all well and good in dreams and in SL. I like flying in SL and dreams.

In real life, while it sounds fun and wondrous, even, think of how the sky will be when everyone gets the same idea. Like traffic on roads on the ground, only worse. And inevitably, there will be collisions and "sky rage" and people not finding their way to bathrooms before they fly and a whole bunch of other problems.

It's not as God intended. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Flying.

Flying is all well and good in dreams and in SL. I like flying in SL and dreams.

In real life, while it sounds fun and wondrous, even, think of how the sky will be when everyone gets the same idea. Like traffic on roads on the ground, only worse. And inevitably, there will be collisions and "sky rage" and people not finding their way to bathrooms before they fly and a whole bunch of other problems.

It's not as God intended. 

Just thinking of all those times I've started falling and couldn't hit the right button to start flying again! 🤕

Any of the various teleport malfunctions and login failures and getting logged out when you are not ready to go yet.

All the damn bots coming and going on my land.  Seriously, what the hell?

Edited by Ardy Lay
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ardy Lay said:

Any of the various teleport malfunctions and login failures and getting logged out when you are not ready to go yet.

All the damn bots coming and going on my land.  Seriously, what the hell?

Walking by people half-submerged in a lake just staring at the sky. Freaky stuff. 

On 1/18/2020 at 9:38 AM, Lindal Kidd said:

Oh, griefers exist in RL.

Bad patrons in our bar.  And some that say it's not "instaramable."

So does plywood food.

Dominos Pizza --- we call them the Cardboard Factory Pizza. Back then it tasted like that, although I heard they improved it.

And hey...so do region restart warnings.  They're called "earthquakes".  The actual region restarts are called "tsunamis".

Mother Earth throwing a fit.

This thread confuses me greatly. Most of the things you folks don't want happening in RL would be fantastic if they did. I love the absurdity of SL, particularly since it's not harmful. Going suddenly naked in public would be no big deal, as almost everyone would have had that same experience. Bumping into people while flying would be like bumping into them while walking. Nobody would get hurt, you'd laugh over the collision, possibly floating mid-air for a short chat as you do.

What's wrong with you people?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1578 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.