Are you where you started?

Beth Macbain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1599 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have, sadly, not spent much time in Bellisseria (or even in SL) lately. Today I spent a good few hours exploring by boat and by horse and I'm just stunned by how much things have changed. Bellisseria is HUGE now, y'all! Remember way back when we could sail all the way around Bellisseria in an hour? Walk from one side to the other in minutes? There was a single Squishy Pickle? We knew the names of all the regions because there just weren't that many?

I'm absolutely gobsmacked by the size of it now. And every inch of it is freaking gorgeous.

It got me thinking... I've not switched parcels at all. I've still got the houseboat I landed on day one, hour one. I have the trailer I got on the day they were first released in the first few minutes. I wouldn't trade Boaty McBoatface on Fourze, or Beth's Pink Box on the Beaten Path for anything. 

How many of you, if any, are still in the original spot they landed? 

• Like 9

I am still in my original houseboat that I got first day that Bellisseria released.  It is all the way in the Northwest part of the continent and I can't imagine that I will ever give that one up.  My alts have gone through a few places (houseboat, traditionals, and trailers) and at least one of them will be trying for a Victorian when they release.

It has been fun seeing all the progress and the new themes they have introduced.  I am sure that the themes to come will be just as tempting as the current ones, but I am really looking forward to the new Victorians.

• Like 6

Well your houseboat is in a prime spot I think you would be nuts to get rid of it so I am glad you kept it!

I am definately not in the spot i started out in, either with my houseboat or house.  My original locations were right in the middle of everyone else.  I have moved on to spots that have better views and not boxed in by others.  I will say that I always thought my house would have to be my favorite location and it has turned out that my camper location is actually the one that I just absolutely love!  And it just figures it is the one with less prims.  In a way I feel like I have come full circle as I always had a LH in Meadowbrook and they were only 175 prims when I left it and my favorite parcel is a camper with 175 prims.  Go figure.

And I also can't believe how big Bellisseria has gotten.  I am always amazed at the progress they make and how each region and parcel looks unique.

It will be interesting to see how many here post that they still have their original spot.

• Like 7

I am in a house that I landed the first day that Belli was released, but it is not the first house that I got that day.  I actually went through somewhere from 15-20 houses, I think, before I settled on this one.  I likely will not change houses again. I prefer the more isolated spots for my house and there are very few of those around.  The one I have is not as great as I'd like, but it is probably the best that I'll manage to nab.

I am in a houseboat that I got the first day that the Squishy Pickle was released, but it is not the first houseboat that I ever got (first was in the April 15th batch and I went through 12 or 13 that day) and it is not the first that I got on Squishy Pickle release day - I went through 7 houseboats that day.  I cannot see me moving houseboats again, as  I have a great location, for me, with terrific views.

I'm also not in my original camper - or even the first one that I actually kept for more than 5 minutes.  Not sure if I'll stay with this camper or not.

• Like 6

i'm still in my original house in bellisseria the day i moved in, i got it during the new release without using auto refresh, also a nice location to boot

when i saw the victorian house in linden review i thought that was for premium plus, i happily told my friend i would abandon and upgrade but after knowing it's still 1024m2 , i decided to stay put because from the way i see it, it's like changing house rather than upgrading it

the victorian theme is really tempting, but i got my premium membership extended [due to discount] than going for victorian house lol, since this is a big release, those who still without a house now this is a perfect chance for them to get one before it's too late

• Like 5

I'm in my third home. The first one was lacking any roads or even paths, though it had a great waterside location with a view of a lighthouse. The second one was hit by a Molequake and sunk (and subsequently fixed) - it was a fun spot, but I left it to try for a green canal region. The third was the opposite of what I wanted - flat sandy beach - but it has that "feeling" about it the others lacked, so I still have it some months later. Still not sure if I can give it up for a Vicky. I might have to drag an alt out of retirement. 

• Like 5

No, not in the original boat or house!  Still in a camper we got on the first day they were released, altho it must have been about the 5th "get".

We will probably always keep our 3rd boat, the one near Beth's in Fourze. I made an artist's studio out of it, and now my partner has taken over with HIS much more art-oriented take on a "studio".  Unless you count a barbecue and a tire swing that lands you in the water as 'art' :)

Our first Traditional was in BellaTerra, and altho it had no water access and a lot of hedges, we liked the neighborhood and made home.  But we left that and, while trying hard for Goodbury, ended up on the bluff in Well Springs.  We're up the street from Rae and Elora, with a stunning view of the coastline and two mole picnic areas.    It is a beautiful and low-lag parcel with just enough water near to jump a boat.  It's taken us a while to settle in, but we're nearly done, having inadvertently created a place very like the Victorians.  Altho it is more sparsely decorated than some of our other attempts (being rather prim-poverished by our add-ons), it is so so nice there!

Unless LL does something drastic to the area, my poor monthly alt who caught Well Springs is ensured a premium existence for, probably, years.  My release-and-catch practice has not gone well, lol.

• Like 6

Still in my original place, a house in Residentia overlooking the Calm Waves Lighthouse. Ideally I wouldn't mind trying a houseboat, or maybe getting a Victorian home on the coast, but don't really want to play the catch and release game lol 

I spend more of my time exploring Belli than being in my own home anyway :) 

• Like 5

I'm still in the same place I got back May (June?), houseboat. I sometimes feel like it's out in the sticks, as up in the corner on Sagarc, but it has a great view and square plot I love. There are only about 5 or 6 other locations I would be happy with (since square plots aren't common, nor those not overlooking other houseboats). I actually went round Bellisseria and looked at the potential locations before I managed to get mine to see if I would be happy in any, so I know:) So to move would be a bit of a silly risk in my eyes.

Unless another theme comes out in the future which I like better, or if LL continue to add more houseboat islands (i.e. those backed onto green land or sand not other houseboats), and we are in a position where availability has exceeded demand, then I'd consider it further.

I don't have the luxury of premium alts. If I did well I'd be house hopping like mad:)

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 7

34 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

I'm still in the same place I got back May (June?), houseboat. I sometimes feel like it's out in the sticks, as up in the corner on Sagarc, but it has a great view and square plot I love.

My alt's houseboat is in Sagarc also and I love it for the same reasons.  I've got sim edge on one side, which is a pretend water view and true open water on another side.  The square plots feel less crowded, less "in your neighbor's face" to me - even though the region still has 20+ houseboats on it.

• Like 1

I got  a choice of 2 houseboats the first day and stayed with one of those for a couple of months.  Then moved to a Traditional but didn't even barely decorate that one.  It just didn't do it for me so I barely spent any time there.  Then came my trailer which I love.  My alt might try for a victorian but I am in no rush.  

• Like 3

I still have the same traditional house what I got on the first day when the houses were released in April. I had a brief look of four houses and then decided to stay in the fourth one. On my alt account I took houseboat in Squishly Pickle island staying there for few months. When the Pickle island was released I gave up my Squishy Pickle houseboat and moved to Pickle.

• Like 3

No I'm not where I started and I can't remember how many homes I've been in since. But I do love the parcel I'm in now and despite how much Belli has grown and just how amazing the landscaping has developed over time I have absolutely zero interest in leaving that any time soon. :D 

My partner still has the beach front home that he snagged in the first release, and I've lost count how different plots I've tried!

Moving has been a really interesting way of exploring both this continent and the older one. I feel like I've caught up on a lot of the SL history we missed when we left for other grids, and it's been a nice way of getting to know people here on the forum.

Belli was just emerging from the waves as I was getting frustrated with trying to get a mainland plot I was happy with. There's no doubt that this project has kept my interest and most likely been the largest contribution towards keeping me in second life.

• Like 3

I've given up more than I can remember, although I stayed in many of them for quite some time. 

I have several premium alts (been in SL a long time) . The 2 traditional houses I have I'm very happy with and most likely will continue to keep them because both locations are near perfection for me. The only way I'd give the sandy one up is if I manage to get one that is across the street ON the beach instead of overlooking the beach.

The only one I'm slightly regretting is the houseboat I just swapped for another location. I like the new location a lot better but the boat right next to me has outdoor decorating that leaves a bit to be desired. But it's ok, no big deal. I've learned that eventually I find what I want and moving is kind of fun to do now and then since I enjoy having new places to decorate and like others mention, it's a great way of exploring Bellisseria also, learning what is where. 

Edited by Elora Lunasea
  • Like 3

I'm still occupying the house and houseboat I got within the first hour of Bellisseria going live. I will be keeping my houseboat as I can't imagine EVER getting a better location than I have currently. I've never been quite satisfied with my home location though, so I'm in the midst of packing up everything and will be moving when the Victorians become available.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

The only one I'm slightly regretting is the houseboat I just swapped for another location. I like the new location a lot better but the boat right next to me has outdoor decorating that leaves a bit to be desired. But it's ok, no big deal.

Derendering is your friend:) It can turn a 'pretty nice' plot into 'fantastic' one...:)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1599 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.