List of Creators Producing BoM-Compliant Goods

Scylla Rhiadra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

I just got the Catznip 12.3 beta for testing, including BoM. Looks like it should be out soon.

/me nods, nods. I'm sure Qie, knows this, though for other readers: They were going to hold the current version for release once BoM was released, but we were all getting antsy (We want new Catnip NAO!) so they released it LOL But that means there is already a lot of the BoM work in there, meaning short beta period for this new BoM version! Woohoo!

So phase 1 will be complete (Viewers) - now for phase 2: The mesh body and head makers. :D

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/5/2019 at 2:31 PM, Qie Niangao said:

This is probably impractical for most folks because LeLutka will surely update, like, momentarily. But I always wondered how to make an Omega applier and now I realize it's trivial -- just in time to never need an applier ever again.

Yeah, they aren't exactly hard but I prefer writing my own code, but that would have required a protocol spec from omega, or me reverse engineering it, which I couldn't be bothered to try.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gregorian Chant said:

Those who need a fix for the wayward nail beds, SmitCoStudios have nail covers for them:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/SmitCoStudios-Nail-Covers-for-BakeOnMesh/17997025

League has a set that matches all her skins plus they are mod so can be tinted to use with other skins and they are FREE. Just run over to the League main store in world and grab them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tonic now offers BoM appliers (as of September 3rd) until the full body update is available. From Fiz Savira's notice: 

"I am starting to work on the bakes-on-meshes support for a future free update, but to help tide all those clamoring for bakes-on-meshes on Tonic right now, I've provided some appliers for you.

On the counter in the main store is a gift box for Tonic Update Group members only. Poke the box, get the appliers and you can try bakes-on-meshes out RIGHT NOW on your Tonic body (assuming you have a viewer with support)

Have fun :)"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mehllama said:

Tonic now offers BoM appliers (as of September 3rd) until the full body update is available. From Fiz Savira's notice: 

"I am starting to work on the bakes-on-meshes support for a future free update, but to help tide all those clamoring for bakes-on-meshes on Tonic right now, I've provided some appliers for you.

On the counter in the main store is a gift box for Tonic Update Group members only. Poke the box, get the appliers and you can try bakes-on-meshes out RIGHT NOW on your Tonic body (assuming you have a viewer with support)

Have fun :)"

Those Tonic appliers will also work on any body or head that takes Omega appliers.

• Like 3

On 9/17/2019 at 6:09 PM, Theresa Tennyson said:

Those Tonic appliers will also work on any body or head that takes Omega appliers.

And because it is separate body and head applier, you can still use system head or body with your mesh counterpart. Works on other brands and male ones too

• Like 2

I just released the first updated *LightStar head, Athena is BOM compatible now :) You can try the demos out in my shop or on the Marketplace.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dixieland Downs/60/78/21

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DEMO-LightStar-Mesh-Head-Athena-DEMO/10691625

Other heads will be updated in the near future. These are all free updates for those who purchased the heads in the past! (you can use the update rezzer box to get your update when they're released).

Also if it helps any creators, I made a badge to stick onto my vendor images that indicates "Bakes on Mesh". Feel free to use it!

BakesOnMesh_Sticker.png

BakesOnMesh_Sticker_BW.png

Edited by Krystal Silverweb
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Elisaisabel Munro said:

Does this mean that you can use old system skins? i still can't understand BOM.. SL has a big learning curve...

Yes, you can, just as you can use any older system layer clothing. Bear in mind, though, that many older skins will have been loaded at 512 rather than 1024 pixels, which means that they won't be as detailed as more recent skins or skin appliers.

And yes, I feel your pain about the learning curve. Eventually, once it's fully supported by viewers and creators, BOM should make things easier, by the simple expedient of doing away with the small arsenal of appliers and Omega relays and convertors we use now. But at the moment, it IS confusing for sure.

• Like 1

The only thing that bothers me in bakes on mesh is how the heads don´t match the SL uv map completelly, so I sit and wait for new heads to come out. But Bom is the best thing ever for me - lots of layers free of glitch, no more huds with alpha cuts, I can save outfits with the corresponding alpha, its like old SL, but better !

Snapshot_040.png

• Like 5

Siddean Munro has revealed in the Slink group that she will be releasing a number of bento heads very shortly (she shared some preview pics and they are gorgeous). These will of course be BoM compatible and I think what is great is that Slink uses the SL UV map so system skins and makeup layers will fit. As those of us who have tried system skins on certain mesh heads know, not all heads come close to fitting the SL UV despite starting from it, so wearing system skins can have some bizarre results or require extreme shape tweaking. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Siddean Munro has revealed in the Slink group that she will be releasing a number of bento heads very shortly (she shared some preview pics and they are gorgeous). These will of course be BoM compatible and I think what is great is that Slink uses the SL UV map so system skins and makeup layers will fit. As those of us who have tried system skins on certain mesh heads know, not all heads come close to fitting the SL UV despite starting from it, so wearing system skins can have some bizarre results or require extreme shape tweaking. 

Very interesting. I hope the price will be a bit lower than 5000 L. Price is a factor, and the change to a new head will feel easier (for me) if they cost a bit less than others. I do have alts, and if I like these heads, I will buy at least 2, but can not afford to buy 2 heads the same time.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

From and Old School SL resident that has been around for almost 15 years. Designers back in the day used 512 to reduce lag. They started with a 1024 x1024 template then reduce it to 512 x512. I don't think we need that much resolution. I think we need less lag,  those of you that must have the detail don't complain about lag. How many of you look at your complexity or script counts ? How many of you notice you crashed or you can't move when Jo Smoe ported in. No it is not a coincidence.  I for one am glad we can't import 2048.

Using Too Many Textures or Lots of High Resolution Images are the #1 source of Scene Lag!

The number and size of textures you use to texture an object or scene can affect the amount of lag someone experiences  Lag is a slow down in performance of the viewer. If you’ve ever tried to move or walk and you find that your avatar isn’t responding as quickly as usual, or that everything just seems sluggish, or the objects in the scene look grey and take a long time to come into focus, that might be because there are too many textures, or textures that were too high in resolution!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.