Scylla Rhiadra

List of Creators Producing BoM-Compliant Goods

50 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Yes those are tattoos so your skin has to be worn in two parts.  I don't know about you but if I were going away from appliers to BoM skins, I would want my skin to be a single proper skin wearable.  I have read and understood 100% the rationale for doing this and I am still not fan.  Needless to say, even if I was a big BoM fan, I would stop short of buying a crippled part skin, part tattoo like this.  I am sure there will be others who don't give a hoot and feel this is fine.  To each their own.  An interesting tidbit is that a friend of mine was by a skin creator doing this that LL declined a JIRA to split the skins into head and body so, if true, even with the given rationale LL don't want skins split into two wearables either.

Ah, this is very helpful to know and I understand what you are describing. I agree - a single skin, like in the old days. And this is why, as truly interested as I am about BOM, I'll wait for at least another six month before I start taking it very seriously at all, not because the tech is new, but because the tech is new; Creators need to catch up and start creating and updating their stuff for use with it. :)

45 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Yes those are tattoos so your skin has to be worn in two parts.  I don't know about you but if I were going away from appliers to BoM skins, I would want my skin to be a single proper skin wearable.  I have read and understood 100% the rationale for doing this and I am still not fan.  Needless to say, even if I was a big BoM fan, I would stop short of buying a crippled part skin, part tattoo like this.  I am sure there will be others who don't give a hoot and feel this is fine.  To each their own.  An interesting tidbit is that a friend of mine was by a skin creator doing this that LL declined a JIRA to split the skins into head and body so, if true, even with the given rationale LL don't want skins split into two wearables either.

Are your head and body both textured with the same applier?

I have several avatars whose upper and lower bodies are actually textured by a tattoo instead of the skin graphics because that's how my skin maker distributes non-standard body layouts, and this is with the system body and not a mesh body. I've been doing it for years.

Personally I'd prefer getting away from "blank" textures on unused slots, but if the skin maker has a coherent system I have no problem with splitting - it's really the most practical way of doing things with the current variety of head and body layouts. 

With the bake system working as it does it makes no difference whatsoever to use a tattoo layer to apply your head skin. 

I don't have a problem with the face as a tattoo, but I strongly dislike the BoM ready face Betsy. Very strongly. The redelivery of my Maitreya applier body pack had not BoM skins.

I have some classic skins from DeeTalez that work well on the LeLutka head. But these skins comes with 1 body, not all the options in my applier pack. Different cleavages, pubic hairs etc. I will wait and see when she updates it. It is understandable that it takes time.

50 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I don't have a problem with the face as a tattoo, but I strongly dislike the BoM ready face Betsy. Very strongly. The redelivery of my Maitreya applier body pack had not BoM skins.

I have some classic skins from DeeTalez that work well on the LeLutka head. But these skins comes with 1 body, not all the options in my applier pack. Different cleavages, pubic hairs etc. I will wait and see when she updates it. It is understandable that it takes time.

If your body appliers didn't have the BoM system layers then you have the old set of Maitreya appliers. There was a new set released since then and that is the set that has been updated with BoM layers. I'm in the same boat as you. I have the older set of appliers so didn't get the BoM layers either. 

6 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

If your body appliers didn't have the BoM system layers then you have the old set of Maitreya appliers. There was a new set released since then and that is the set that has been updated with BoM layers. I'm in the same boat as you. I have the older set of appliers so didn't get the BoM layers either. 

Okay.... so  I must buy them again? Not sure if I like that. But well, if SL is ones living, I suppose the only way to make a living of it, is to sell things. Not just update.

Makes me wonder how those manage to live, those others who make free updates.

56 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Okay.... so  I must buy them again?

if you are talking about Maitreya, she always updates without cost to the owners of her previously sold items..  you just have to go to the redelivery terminal and get an up dated version.. simple

1 minute ago, Tazzie Tuque said:

if you are talking about Maitreya, she always updates without cost to the owners of her previously sold items..  you just have to go to the redelivery terminal and get an up dated version.. simple

It is clear from the conversation between me and Blush, that we are talking about body APPLIERS made by DeeTalez. We both write that several times in our posts. Read it again. Simple.

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Okay.... so  I must buy them again? Not sure if I like that. But well, if SL is ones living, I suppose the only way to make a living of it, is to sell things. Not just update.

Makes me wonder how those manage to live, those others who make free updates.

You can wait until she updates the older package or buy the newer version since it is a remake of the skin and probably a better body skin anyway. I'm probably going to buy the newer package but currently I'm using a different skin. Fortunately, my YS&YS head applier came with a system skin for the body only in the package so I don't need the Deetalez skin at this time.

• Thanks 1

Huh.. Apparently all of my older items are BOM compliant as they are all system layers. I guess i was ahead of the times when i neglected to update them with appliers...

• Haha 2

So Deetalez are slowly updating their skins, I just updated one and was sad to find I had to buy the whole package again for the BOM head "tattoos", unless I missed something there. Also got the updated body skins which are for baked on mesh too, again, just under L$300. I do love the skins there though so ....

Stix has a set of fingers and toes for all their tones out free and going forward all new skins will have head and body specific layers. Pixy never stopped including system skins ❤️ and recently made all her body appliers free for everyone.

• Thanks 1

Valentine Technologies have just issued a 2.6 update to the V-Tech 'Boi' Flat Chest Mod for Maitreya which includes (alongside an update to the non-BOM version) a free BOM update. Looks to be an automatic delivery, since I wasn't wearing my V-Tech when the update just came through.

Info notecard:

c41018d1e1d92a17bf33d45e4a408e43.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Apricot Paws has added BoM versions of their hands and feet and Aii's new demon tail at Panic of Pumpkin has a BoM version. For the other-than-human inclined.

Tonic is in final testing for their BOM body updates (i.e. one of my aunts is wearing it and chatting with the creator along with a few other brave souls)- they will be able to use both alpha cuts and worn alphas, and the "new" versions have a single applier-capable layer over a body which can be switched between appliers and BOM. They have similar bust/crotch options to the new Slink bodies.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Tonic is in final testing for their BOM body updates (i.e. one of my aunts is wearing it and chatting with the creator along with a few other brave souls)- they will be able to use both alpha cuts and worn alphas, and the "new" versions have a single applier-capable layer over a body which can be switched between appliers and BOM. They have similar bust/crotch options to the new Slink bodies.

This sounds like a creator who is certainly looking at the big picture, kudos..  I don't use Tonic but if my present body doesn't fit the bill when the BOM model comes out, I just might have to switch. we shall see..  meanwhile I am in no rush to get going with BOM.  When it was first announced, I was really excited about it because as a creator I often combined mesh clothing with applier options for like an under shirt or add on or something, so was looking forward to being able to get rid of a load of different appliers..  but now I am not so excited about it lol.. like I said wait and see for me.

7 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

That sounds a lot like what I have been asking for.

5 hours ago, Tazzie Tuque said:

This sounds like a creator who is certainly looking at the big picture, kudos..  I don't use Tonic but if my present body doesn't fit the bill when the BOM model comes out, I just might have to switch. we shall see..  meanwhile I am in no rush to get going with BOM.  When it was first announced, I was really excited about it because as a creator I often combined mesh clothing with applier options for like an under shirt or add on or something, so was looking forward to being able to get rid of a load of different appliers..  but now I am not so excited about it lol.. like I said wait and see for me.

The Tonic bodies are official and have been released now.

On 10/14/2019 at 7:25 PM, Blush Bravin said:

With the bake system working as it does it makes no difference whatsoever to use a tattoo layer to apply your head skin. 

It is an additional purchase though and no one (so far as I can tell) is selling BOM skins for system heads. I tried some of the head tattoos on my alts system head and the nostrils are weird. The non-mesh head market probably isn't very big but I haven't yet found a mesh head that looks good on a plump\cuddly body like a tonic curvy with fat turned up to 40 or so. It means she will be sticking with an old skin and the feet correction tattoos.

Edited by Aethelwine

1 hour ago, Aethelwine said:

It is an additional purchase though and no one (so far as I can tell) is selling BOM skins for system heads. I tried some of the head tattoos on my alts system head and the nostrils are weird. The non-mesh head market probably isn't very big but I haven't yet found a mesh head that looks good on a plump\cuddly body like a tonic curvy with fat turned up to 40 or so. It means she will be sticking with an old skin and the feet correction tattoos.

I meant mesh head not system head. Because skins made for mesh heads are fashioned to work well with a certain brand of head it's best to buy system skins that were made for a particular brand of mesh head. Deetalez has a growing collection of system layers for mesh heads covering Catwa, Genus, and Leltuka mesh heads. I know other skinners are also producing system layers for mesh heads. Deetalez has just been the fastest. If you're trying to use a system skin that was made to work with a mesh head it may or may NOT work with the default classic system head.

Edited by Blush Bravin

1 minute ago, Blush Bravin said:

I meant mesh head not system head. Because skins made for mesh heads are fashioned to work well with a certain brand of head it's best to buy system skins that were made for a particular brand of mesh head. Deetalez has a growing collection of system layers for mesh heads covering Catwa, Genus, and Leltuka mesh heads. I know other skinners are also producing system layers for mesh heads. Deetalez has just been the fastest.

Yeah I spoke with Deetalez customer service earlier, to use the new BOM skins I need to buy a mesh head. I suppose it isn't the skin makers fault, they are just working to demands of their big markets. Just seems like a shame people with system heads aren't being catered for any more, especially when mesh heads cost so much and don't allow for the variety of shapes system heads can cover.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

and don't allow for the variety of shapes system heads can cover.

System heads simply cannot compare in variety of shape to mesh heads. The old static mesh heads didn't respond to the sliders but the newer Bento heads are very responsive to the sliders in edit appearance. Each mesh head and even the system head begin with their base mesh sculpt then you can manipulate that shape of the head using the edit appearance sliders. There is but one system head compared to the huge market with varying styles and shapes of bento mesh heads. It might be easier to just go with the default system head as you don't have to shop for that, but to think that you have more variety available with the system head compared the vast number of mesh bento heads is rather short sighted.

• Like 1