List of Creators Producing BoM-Compliant Goods

Scylla Rhiadra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Sparkly Rainbow said:

I prefer the body to still have the alpha cuts.  Most of my mesh clothing did NOT come with alpha masks and I am not interested in having to start making masks for all my mesh clothing.  I am hoping that all the bodies will give that option to the end-user.  

I was more expecting them to provide it...

• Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 5:51 PM, Chic Aeon said:

Just wanted to comment that as I understand it, "old" system files will work on BOM but are 512 resolution where as files made for APPLIERS are (generally) 1024 textures. So wouldn't it be good to know if the BOM versions are "updated" and 1024 for clarity. A 1024 texture is FOUR TIMES larger with four times more pixels than a 512 file.   

That was kind of my argument on another BOM thread.  If I am going to buy new texture clothes for a BOM body, I want them to be high resolution with  clarity in the details that I am now used to === not going back in time.     So perhaps some "star" annotations on how a creator is handing BOM.  They could be making BOM for all their new stuff, the could be updating older files to 1024 (assuming they still have the active files)  etc.  That would certainly be something I would want to know if there wasn't a demo.    

That's worth knowing, but the big textures quadruple the download, add to the cost of locally generating the mipmaps, and hit local storage and caching. It wouldn't encourage me to buy a product (and too many have permissions settings that block access to the pixel-size info, so even Demos are of little use).

Not all the textures even need to be 512s. How close do you have to get your camera to an eye before you see a 512, never mind a 1024?

We don't all have super powerful modern computers, but too many creators and pundits assume we do. Would it be so hard to supply a low-power version of a BoM wearable.

• Like 4

League has released a free update to allow their system layer skins to be used with bakes on mesh. This takes the form of tattoo layers that fix the issue with feet and nails not lining up correctly on mesh bodies. So League system skins are now BoM compatible.

edit to add - the update is in store and won't be delivered to customers

Edited by Stephanie Misfit
added info
  • Like 4

Chic, I was a little confused as to why 7 Deadly s[K]ins were producing 2 different sets of Clsassic skins. Went to the store, found the Group is now free, and grabbed the GG. The BOM skins have finger and toenails removed. Another lovely free skin for those wanting to experiment with BOM.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

7 Deadly s[K]ins is now including BOM in with other options. 

Super glad to hear this.  My primary skin is from there as she happens to have a tone that I prefer over everything else that I tried at the time (a couple of years back).  However, since I still use a System head and all of her stuff has been applier only for quite a while now, I haven't been able to use any of her new makeup skins in forever.

• Like 2

On 9/2/2019 at 2:17 PM, Carol Darkthief said:

That's worth knowing, but the big textures quadruple the download, add to the cost of locally generating the mipmaps, and hit local storage and caching. It wouldn't encourage me to buy a product (and too many have permissions settings that block access to the pixel-size info, so even Demos are of little use).

Not all the textures even need to be 512s. How close do you have to get your camera to an eye before you see a 512, never mind a 1024?

We don't all have super powerful modern computers, but too many creators and pundits assume we do. Would it be so hard to supply a low-power version of a BoM wearable.

If I understand correctly, all BoM layers will be baked into one, and is loading as one texture for you and others. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

One 1024 to replace todays skin, tattoos, freckles, bodyhair, other skin marks like Halloween effects and lingerie. All these things is BoM actual things for me, plus leggings, tights, leotards, socks and stockings. That is pretty awesome - if I am right. If not, I am going to sit in a corner over there.

It is worth noticing that the BoM body from Slink has built in options to avoid the painted on look. Like stockings toes, smooth bottom, smooth panties, smooth shirt and flatten nipples. This will be useful.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Can we use BoM relay with the Catwa demos?

I haven't tried it on the demos, but I don't see why not. The demos are identical to the full priced heads, except for the small strips of 'missing pixels'. The BoM relay is a free gift at Catwa, so it won't cost anything to try it.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 4:57 PM, Cesartje said:

I spoke on Lelutka chat, the head isnt updated for the last changes of BOM.

I feel bad for LeLutka because they tried to be ready well in advance of BoM going official, and the rug kinda got pulled out from under them. (Maybe also a bit biased because I vastly prefer my LeLutka to this Catwa kludge I replaced it with, just to be able to use a particular skin which is now obsolete, having no system layer equivalent.)

So I tried using the experimental Omega applier of BoM magic textures to put them on the skin layer of my LeLutka head, but it sure looks as if that applier is also using the old BoM textures.

So then I picked up the Omega kit for making one's own Omega appliers, looked up the constant for the head BoM texture (IMG_USE_BAKED_HEAD) and hacked one of the Omega configuration scripts to use that constant, and (a bit to my surprise) successfully made my LeLutka head BoM compatible!

This is probably impractical for most folks because LeLutka will surely update, like, momentarily. But I always wondered how to make an Omega applier and now I realize it's trivial -- just in time to never need an applier ever again.

I expect the BoM heads will (eventually?) be single-layer, as intended, but it's actually kinda convenient having the other layers available, and not blended-alpha fighting with the now baked system layers.

Incidentally, are folks getting responses from skin makers who don't yet have system layer skins? I've written asking for BoM plans of a couple of them -- big brands, too -- with no response.

Edited by Qie Niangao
  • Like 4

On 9/5/2019 at 12:31 AM, Skell Dagger said:

I haven't tried it on the demos, but I don't see why not. The demos are identical to the full priced heads, except for the small strips of 'missing pixels'. The BoM relay is a free gift at Catwa, so it won't cost anything to try it.

I am so busy with other things, but I will keep that in mind when shopping for a new head. Mesh heads can be tricky to use with many classic skins.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cesartje said:

What I would like to see is an updated version of the bodies and heads without the onion layers, not just a hud. I think it would reduce lag in Sl if they were updated like that.

It will happen eventually as this is the one of the stated purposes of BoM to begin with: single-layer mesh bodies and heads, etc. Achieving this goal will take a long time and I suspect the best saturation will be around 80%, 85% at best (in a few years.)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Cesartje said:

What I would like to see is an updated version of the bodies and heads without the onion layers, not just a hud. I think it would reduce lag in Sl if they were updated like that.

Slink did that. Their updated body is zero onion layers. I think this was a bold move, and perhaps ppl isn't ready for it yet. Very many has a lot of appliers, so one layer could ease them into the new, as they get more BoM goodies. 1 onion layer is better than 3 onion layers.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Cesartje said:

From what I can tell, Slink has a modified onion layer, that deals with the toes and cleavages, butt and breast. I think that was a really good solution. Maitreya issued a HUD only as a temporary measure so people can test out BoM on the body. I'm excited to see how Maitreya handles BoM in the promised update.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.