List of Creators Producing BoM-Compliant Goods

Scylla Rhiadra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It seems to me that it would be useful to compile a list, through crowdsourcing, of merchants and creators who have issued (or updated) content that is designed for Bakes on Mesh. What skin makers, for instance, routinely include a system skin version with the applier skins that they sell? Are there creators selling applier clothing who also make the same good available in system format? And, of course, what mesh body and head producers have come out with new BoM-capable body parts.

It would also, obviously, be useful to note which viewers can now support BoM, and also which makers are providing free updates of older content, rather than expecting people who already own older versions to buy the updated content afresh.

At the moment, my answers to these questions are pretty limited; I'm pretty sure some merchants are already offering clothing, for instance, that is BoM capable. I'm hoping that others can add more information, and I'll update the list below as I get suggestions.

ETA: List updated to incorporate information from @Teagan Tobias, @Cesartje, @Cinos Field@Theresa Tennyson, @moirakathleen, @HunniHope, @Sean Heavy@Blush Bravin, and @Skell Dagger below.

BoM-Enabled Viewers

• "Official" LL Viewer
  • CoolVL
  • Kokua 6.3.0
  • [Note: It's not entirely clear whether Singularity supports BoM yet, but it appears most likely that it does not.]

BoM-Compliant Mesh Bodies and Parts

• Slink (as the new "Slink Redux; free update for current owners)
  • Signature Gianni (free update for current owners)
  • EXMACHINA Body only and Full Avatar (BOM version included in the package)
  • RuthTooRC3 - Full female body and parts are modifiable for BoM with SL UV maps. HUD also modifiable to add BoM UUIDs. Official BoM HUD out soon.
  • RothTooRC1 - Full male body and parts are modifiable for BoM with SL UV maps. HUD also modifiable to add BoM UUIDs. Official BoM HUD out soon

Mesh Heads Updated to, or Created for, BoM

• Lelutka (free update for current owners; apparently not yet fully compatible, however)
  • [See also full mesh avatars, above.]

Skin Makers with System Layer Versions of Modern Skins (FEMALE)

• Pink Fuel (full packs for L$150 and a very wide range of a la carte options; highly recommended)
  • Belleza (joining their free group also gives you access to a fairly wide range of gift skins)
  • Adam & Eve
  • Redgrave (newer skins - check demos)
  • WOW (huge amount of gift skins available upon joining group)
  • Izzie's (very BOM-conscious and have many mods/details available on system layers)
  • Lara Hurley (a few free skins available upon joining group)
  • Birth (some nipple compatibility issues)
  • LAQ Glow (noticeable nipple compatibility issues but a huge range of looks for L$500/full pack)
  • Ritual (rebranding of Lumae) contains a system layer along with body and head appliers

Skin Makers with System Layer Versions of Modern Skins (MALE)

• Redgrave
  • WOW
  • Birth/Nivaro/Labyrinth
  • Belleza (group gifts only)

Modern Clothing Appliers Available as System Layers

• Blacklace
  • Luxuria
  • Etiquette

Modern Tattoo Appliers Available as System Layers

• Letis
  • Endless Pain
  • Ripley Bay
  • [White~Widow] Includes system layers in tats

Mesh Clothing with Applier Components Updated for BoM

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
List updated
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

System skins with good Slink body compatibility:

Female:

Pink Fuel (full packs for L$150 and a very wide range of a la carte options; highly recommended)

Belleza (joining their free group also gives you access to a fairly wide range of gift skins)

Adam & Eve

Redgrave (newer skins - check demos)

WOW (huge amount of gift skins available upon joining group)

Izzie's (very BOM-conscious and have many mods/details available on system layers)

Lara Hurley (a few free skins available upon joining group)

Birth (some nipple compatibility issues)

LAQ Glow (noticeable nipple compatibility issues but a huge range of looks for L$500/full pack)

Male:

Redgrave

WOW

Birth/Nivaro/Labyrinth

Belleza (group gifts only)

Tattoos:

Letis

Endless Pain

Ripley Bay

Lingerie/Hosiery:

Blacklace

Luxuria

Etiquette

Edited by Theresa Tennyson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RuthTooRC3 - Full female body and parts are modifiable for BoM with SL UV maps. HUD also modifiable to add BoM UUIDs. Official BoM HUD out soon.
  • RothTooRC1 - Full male body and parts are modifiable for BoM with SL UV maps. HUD also modifiable to add BoM UUIDs. Official BoM HUD out soon.
  • Thanks 1

Just wanted to comment that as I understand it, "old" system files will work on BOM but are 512 resolution where as files made for APPLIERS are (generally) 1024 textures. So wouldn't it be good to know if the BOM versions are "updated" and 1024 for clarity. A 1024 texture is FOUR TIMES larger with four times more pixels than a 512 file.   

That was kind of my argument on another BOM thread.  If I am going to buy new texture clothes for a BOM body, I want them to be high resolution with  clarity in the details that I am now used to === not going back in time.     So perhaps some "star" annotations on how a creator is handing BOM.  They could be making BOM for all their new stuff, the could be updating older files to 1024 (assuming they still have the active files)  etc.  That would certainly be something I would want to know if there wasn't a demo.    

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sean Heavy said:

• RuthTooRC3 - Full female body and parts are modifiable for BoM with SL UV maps. HUD also modifiable to add BoM UUIDs. Official BoM HUD out soon.
  • RothTooRC1 - Full male body and parts are modifiable for BoM with SL UV maps. HUD also modifiable to add BoM UUIDs. Official BoM HUD out soon.

RuthToo BoM version will be a game-changer over time. Posting this comment here and now for an official record that I can point to when I eventually make a "See? Told you so" thread in the future.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Alyona Su said:

RuthToo BoM version will be a game-changer over time. Posting this comment here and now for an official record that I can point to when I eventually make a "See? Told you so" thread in the future.

SL is not a game. Wait, was it just a figure of speech?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Just wanted to comment that as I understand it, "old" system files will work on BOM but are 512 resolution where as files made for APPLIERS are (generally) 1024 textures. So wouldn't it be good to know if the BOM versions are "updated" and 1024 for clarity. A 1024 texture is FOUR TIMES larger with four times more pixels than a 512 file.   

That was kind of my argument on another BOM thread.  If I am going to buy new texture clothes for a BOM body, I want them to be high resolution with  clarity in the details that I am now used to === not going back in time.     So perhaps some "star" annotations on how a creator is handing BOM.  They could be making BOM for all their new stuff, the could be updating older files to 1024 (assuming they still have the active files)  etc.  That would certainly be something I would want to know if there wasn't a demo.    

The textures of many older skins, etc. were actually uploaded at 1024 x 1024 even though they never appeared at that resolution on the default body. It was particularly common after the first generation of appliers (Phat Azz, etc.) when skin makers were using 1024 textures for them - it only made sense to use the same textures on a skin even though you wouldn't see the detail at the time. Old skins and wearables with higher-resolution textures now display at full resolution on both the system body and BOM. I've got an extremely detailed old Garden of Ku tattoo that's now much sharper than it ever looked previously.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

The textures of many older skins, etc. were actually uploaded at 1024 x 1024 even though they never appeared at that resolution on the default body. It was particularly common after the first generation of appliers (Phat Azz, etc.) when skin makers were using 1024 textures for them - it only made sense to use the same textures on a skin even though you wouldn't see the detail at the time. Old skins and wearables with higher-resolution textures now display at full resolution on both the system body and BOM. I've got an extremely detailed old Garden of Ku tattoo that's now much sharper than it ever looked previously.

Yes, there have always been creators that did that  ---- just also plenty that did not.   Thanks.    Edit -- and for awhile now they "could" upload at 2048 which becomes a 1024 but is still sharper.   It would also depend on what size the original texture was made at. Plenty of variables in the mix. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Yes, agreed. That's what I was mostly getting at up above when I used the word "Modern" -- i.e., it's not difficult to find old, pre- or early-mesh skins and system layers still on the market, but these should only "count" if they take advantage of the full 1024 x 1024 px resolution available now.

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'm also interested to know which creators are providing free updates on already purchased products, as Slink has done for its mesh bodies.

@Blush Bravin, do you know if Lelutka did this when they updated? I think they deserve recognition and kudos here if they did.

It was a free update. I don't remember how long ago they updated but it's been awhile.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Signature has just sent out an auto-update for Gianni that contains a v4.8 'Bakes on Mesh test version'. (Most likely Geralt has also been updated, but since I was wearing Gianni when I logged in that's what I received the auto-update for.) The included notecard gives details of what currently works and what doesn't:

1d2b075a17efabe18a34c47e70074f38.png

I won't have time to test it more thoroughly until the weekend, but I did quickly wear it to compare the CI against the current v4.7 non-BoM version. From the mention of specular maps still working in this they have probably reduced the layers to two: one base layer for BoM and one additional for specular/materials etc. This is a quick Excel comparison of CI (as reported in the Appearance > Wearables window on Firestorm) between the two versions. It's a huge reduction:

07504a702dd2939fc036d3a876e90598.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'm also interested to know which creators are providing free updates on already purchased products, as Slink has done for its mesh bodies.

@Blush Bravin, do you know if Lelutka did this when they updated? I think they deserve recognition and kudos here if they did.

Lelutka bakes on mesh button doesnt work for me - what am I doing wrong? Exmachina ans slink were fine, do i need to purchase the omega hud so lelutka works?

Snapshot_001.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cesartje said:

Lelutka bakes on mesh button doesnt work for me - what am I doing wrong? Exmachina ans slink were fine, do i need to purchase the omega hud so lelutka works?

Snapshot_001.png

I'd suggest getting a redelivery. I know that the UUIDs for Bakes has changed since it was first sent out as an update. I haven't tried it since Bakes went live but I did experiment with it when it was first sent out, and it worked perfectly then. If you have a recent version then I'd contact the CSR for Lelutka about it.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.