List of Creators Producing BoM-Compliant Goods

Scylla Rhiadra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I'd suggest getting a redelivery. I know that the UUIDs for Bakes has changed since it was first sent out as an update. I haven't tried it since Bakes went live but I did experiment with it when it was first sent out, and it worked perfectly then. If you have a recent version then I'd contact the CSR for Lelutka about it.

It says my head is updated, so I will follow your suggestion and send them a notecard.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

BoM-Enabled Viewers:

CoolVL

Singularity

2 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Are you sure Singularity supports BOM?  o.O

2 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

It does, I tested it after someone mentioned that.

Singularity doesn't yet support BOM.
Just be be 100% sure I checked with one of the Singularity team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

List of creators who include System Tattoo layer makeup in their applier makeup packages:

Dulce Secrets - Always
Sn@tch - Always
Frick - Often
alaskametro - Often (maybe always)
Zibska - Sometimes
Pink Acid - Sometimes
Izzie's - Sometimes
Mock - Sometimes
Stix - Sometimes
CowTea - Sometimes

Stix has System layers for all of their skin body appliers.

Stargazer almost always includes System layers in their various fantasy skin and tattoo applier packs.

!Soul has System layers in all or many of their skin packages.

• Thanks 2

The forum software will no longer let me edit and update the OP for this thread, so I will, from this point on, be updating and supplementing it as seems appropriate with new posts.

Here, then, is an updated list of creators who have made, or already have available BoM-compliant skins and system layers.

BoM-Enabled Viewers

• "Official" LL Viewer
  • CoolVL
  • Kokua 6.3.0

BoM-Compliant Mesh Bodies and Parts

• Slink (as the new "Slink Redux; free update for current owners)
  • Signature Gianni (free update for current owners)
  • EXMACHINA Body only and Full Avatar (BOM version included in the package)
  • RuthTooRC3 - Full female body and parts are modifiable for BoM with SL UV maps. HUD also modifiable to add BoM UUIDs. Official BoM HUD out soon.
  • RothTooRC1 - Full male body and parts are modifiable for BoM with SL UV maps. HUD also modifiable to add BoM UUIDs. Official BoM HUD out soon

Mesh Heads Updated to, or Created for, BoM

• Lelutka (free update for current owners; apparently not yet fully compatible, however)
  • [See also full mesh avatars, above.]

Skin Makers with System Layer Versions of Modern Skins (FEMALE)

• Pink Fuel (full packs for L$150 and a very wide range of a la carte options; highly recommended)
  • Belleza (joining their free group also gives you access to a fairly wide range of gift skins)
  • Adam & Eve
  • Redgrave (newer skins - check demos)
  • WOW (huge amount of gift skins available upon joining group)
  • Izzie's (very BOM-conscious and have many mods/details available on system layers)
  • Lara Hurley (a few free skins available upon joining group)
  • Birth (some nipple compatibility issues)
  • LAQ Glow (noticeable nipple compatibility issues but a huge range of looks for L$500/full pack)
  • Ritual (rebranding of Lumae) contains a system layer along with body and head appliers
  • Plastik
  • Sinful Needs
  • alaskametro

Skin Makers with System Layer Versions of Modern Skins (MALE)

• Redgrave
  • WOW
  • Birth/Nivaro/Labyrinth
  • Belleza (group gifts only)

Modern Clothing Appliers Available as System Layers

• Blacklace
  • Luxuria
  • Etiquette

Modern Tattoo and Makeup Appliers Available as System Layers

• Letis
  • Endless Pain
  • Ripley Bay
  • [White~Widow] Includes system layers in tats
  • Dotty's Secret (system makeup layers -- some available)
  • Dulce Secrets
  • Sn@tch
  • Frick (Some)
  • alaskametro (Some, possibly all)
  • Zibska (Some)
  • Pink Acid (Some)
  • Izzie's (Some)
  • Mock (Some)
  • Stix (Some)
  • CowTea (Some)
Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Singularity removed from list of BoM-Capable Viewers
  • Thanks 7

10 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Singularity doesn't yet support BOM.
Just be be 100% sure I checked with one of the Singularity team.

Well, isn't that interesting?

I was told it does support it, and then I tried it and it seemingly rendered me correctly. And now I tested it again, and it doesn't.

So... apparently it indeed does not? My bad, it's not a viewer I use regularly!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

System skins...

Plastik - mostly fantasy skins, head and body

Fallen Gods - fantasy skins, head and body

Egozy - body only, no head skin

Just to clarify all these have male as well as female skins... you currently have Plastik down as female only.

Should also add that Plastik also has some fantasy type system tattoo layers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/29/2019 at 10:26 PM, Skell Dagger said:

Signature has just sent out an auto-update for Gianni that contains a v4.8 'Bakes on Mesh test version'. (Most likely Geralt has also been updated, but since I was wearing Gianni when I logged in that's what I received the auto-update for.) The included notecard gives details of what currently works and what doesn't:

1d2b075a17efabe18a34c47e70074f38.png

I won't have time to test it more thoroughly until the weekend, but I did quickly wear it to compare the CI against the current v4.7 non-BoM version. From the mention of specular maps still working in this they have probably reduced the layers to two: one base layer for BoM and one additional for specular/materials etc. This is a quick Excel comparison of CI (as reported in the Appearance > Wearables window on Firestorm) between the two versions. It's a huge reduction:

07504a702dd2939fc036d3a876e90598.png

They mention that auto-hide is still a thing so i assume that everything is still cut up into slices?

• Like 1

This does not look promising for users of [AK] - AKERUKA heads. Don’t know if other head shops are doing the same or not.

In the in world store they have a BoM Bata Head for 1000L$. Does not sound like there will be any free updates to existing products. Will need to wait and see I guess.

From the info in world I get: This product is the [AK BOM] - Bento Head #01 BETA, and it's available for $1000. Its permissions are: COPY, NO MOD, NO TRANS.

But at least they are working on BoM.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, TheVeryFirst said:

This does not look promising for users of [AK] - AKERUKA heads. Don’t know if other head shops are doing the same or not.

In the in world store they have a BoM Bata Head for 1000L$. Does not sound like there will be any free updates to existing products. Will need to wait and see I guess.

From the info in world I get: This product is the [AK BOM] - Bento Head #01 BETA, and it's available for $1000. Its permissions are: COPY, NO MOD, NO TRANS.

But at least they are working on BoM.

Remember, any head that can be textured with UUID's can be updated for BOM by the end user or third parties. Since alphas aren't as important with heads as they are with bodies there's less the maker needs to do.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheVeryFirst said:

AKERUKA heads. Don’t know if other head shops are doing the same or not.

Personally knowing the owner of such brand, i can predict that any previous release won't receive an update, just new releases. But i didn't talk to him in that regard, so i can't really tell. Good luck with it! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OptimoMaximo said:

Personally knowing the owner of such brand, i can predict that any previous release won't receive an update, just new releases. But i didn't talk to him in that regard, so i can't really tell. Good luck with it! 

Okay, I talked to Kaoz Koba and he has said, “BOM is new product not update”. But he does have a head that is BoM ready in his store, but he is still working with it too.

• Thanks 1

League skins work well, and they now offer free tattoos that can be used to fix the texture distortion on fingers and toes. They have variations for Slink, Maitreya and Belleza feet, they come in a full range of League skin tones and they're modifiable so it should be possible to tint them to match many other skins.

• Like 5

Legacy Mesh Body comes BOM Compatible.
AK has just put out a BOM Head.

Stargazer BOM compatibility (Shameless self promo):
Skins Male and Female (Usually in the same pack unless VERY VERY old) - mostly Fantasy but some quirky human / RP types skins too!
Tattoos
Make Ups
Some System Clothing
(If a System Layer is ever missing throw rocks and there will be a free update)

I have added a foot and hand tattoo fix, mod tintable, to make it easier to wear those older skins that have the nails showing. It's free for group. 

Happy BOMing :)

Edited by Aggie Mactavish
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 8/31/2019 at 1:35 AM, Kyrah Abattoir said:

They mention that auto-hide is still a thing so i assume that everything is still cut up into slices?

Yes, it is. The HUD has been reduced in size, but the auto-hide still works and all the alpha cuts are still present, as before.

8 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Yes, it is. The HUD has been reduced in size, but the auto-hide still works and all the alpha cuts are still present, as before.

That's what I mean, BoM allows you to use alpha masks on mesh bodies so still having the body cut up into slices might not be necessary anymore. I suppose all they did is remove the onion layers but did not actually re-upload the body as a single piece.

Just now, Kyrah Abattoir said:

That's what I mean, BoM allows you to use alpha masks on mesh bodies so still having the body cut up into slices might not be necessary anymore. I suppose all they did is remove the onion layers but did not actually re-upload the body as a single piece.

I think they've done it this way for now because this is a 'test version' of the body. They've put it out as quickly as they can, and right now there's still so much content on the market that makes use of alpha cuts that they were probably hedging their bets. The menswear market is lousy enough right now, so I'm glad that they've offered this as an option, at least initially. The CI of the body has still reduced drastically, even with the alpha cuts still in place, but I doubt that we'll see a sub-100 complexity Signature body any time soon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

I think they've done it this way for now because this is a 'test version' of the body. They've put it out as quickly as they can, and right now there's still so much content on the market that makes use of alpha cuts that they were probably hedging their bets. The menswear market is lousy enough right now, so I'm glad that they've offered this as an option, at least initially. The CI of the body has still reduced drastically, even with the alpha cuts still in place, but I doubt that we'll see a sub-100 complexity Signature body any time soon.

I prefer the body to still have the alpha cuts.  Most of my mesh clothing did NOT come with alpha masks and I am not interested in having to start making masks for all my mesh clothing.  I am hoping that all the bodies will give that option to the end-user.  

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.