When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Interestingly, when my alt went to her just released parcel in Leonid there was no house on it, and they were saying in chat the parcels were empty all thru the region and to use the mailboxes to rez, it worked fine (I did not keep the parcel, despite the very nice landscaping).    So this region was in stealth mode prior to release !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Malayaa said:

Interestingly, when my alt went to her just released parcel in Leonid there was no house on it, and they were saying in chat the parcels were empty all thru the region and to use the mailboxes to rez, it worked fine (I did not keep the parcel, despite the very nice landscaping).    So this region was in stealth mode prior to release !

In a way that sounds fun for a release.  With blank lots, a Linden could tell at a glance the houses taken as they start to pop up for their new owners.   maybe it's easier on the server not having owners de-rez+-re-rez houses + plus assign + abandon + re-assign 20 Traditionals all at the same time or very close to it.

It could present a blank slate for a new owner to freshly pick their own house style.  On the flip side, it could be interesting if someone gets a lot and never touches the mailbox to rez a house.

You could end up with an empty lot next to you with just lovely grass till an owner arrives to rez their home.  I've noticed some homes 6 months old that are taken and not a 1 prim anywhere.   I am thankful there are at least houses and landscaping to stop it from looking so empty like mainland with no occupants. 

Edited by Mitch Merricks
  • Like 12

4 hours ago, Laurelrose Anthony said:

First time in what seems ages there are no Bellisseria homes on the Land Page.  We are back to Meadowbrook.

i putted two of my superduper located campers in the pool 8 hours ago .. after wating two hours tried to see if i could get a trad or other type,  bóth my alts ended up getting their abandoned camper back! .. clearly not a lot camper hunters around. :)

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Malayaa said:

I need to have more confidence in @Leora Jacobus list!  I was decorating my kitchen in Bluff Knoll when suddenly there was a lot of shouting and activity next door. I was very surprised that they released a region with empty plots.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mitch Merricks said:

In a way that sounds fun for a release.  With blank lots, a Linden could tell at a glance the houses taken as they start to pop up for their new owners.   maybe it's easier on the server not having owners de-rez+-re-rez houses + plus assign + abandon + re-assign 20 Traditionals all at the same time or very close to it.

I regularly see people that don't realize you can change the house style. Such people, on seeing a blank plot, also often report that the plot has no house and then abandon it...

I often wonder how many people just keep moving between plots until they get a plot with the right house rezzed, never knowing there's a thing out front to change it... I imagine it's not a tiny number... for every one person that asks here or in a group - there's likely several that just move...

If the houses started coming that way... the lindens would get overwhelmed with support requests to get a house, and ARs against people who chose to use a custom house rather than the one in the mailbox...

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i putted two of my superduper located campers in the pool 8 hours ago .. after wating two hours tried to see if i could get a trad or other type,  bóth my alts ended up getting their abandoned camper back! .. clearly not a lot camper hunters around. :)

Wish I had been online at the time.  My daughter is looking for a nice camper location.  Just threw back two traditionals.

I had no idea at first that you could change the style. Then I couldn't figure out how. 

Yes there is info on the website in the knowledge area but there are a lot of people who don't read that , or in my case, didn't read far enough down.

I'm going to be honest this is the most active I've been in mainland or in the forums in my roughly 13 years on second life ( well off and on over the course of the past almost 13 years).

I assume there are a lot of people like me who just do our thing and don't pay that much attention to the forums or to the info on the website.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I regularly see people that don't realize you can change the house style. Such people, on seeing a blank plot, also often report that the plot has no house and then abandon it...

I often wonder how many people just keep moving between plots until they get a plot with the right house rezzed, never knowing there's a thing out front to change it... I imagine it's not a tiny number... for every one person that asks here or in a group - there's likely several that just move...

If the houses started coming that way... the lindens would get overwhelmed with support requests to get a house, and ARs against people who chose to use a custom house rather than the one in the mailbox...

Yep. You hear quite a few of these people in group chat too. They are shocked to learn they can get all the house types on their plot. 

• Like 2

• went to the land page   only showing older generation and my  real life hubby  and my  reactions below   .... Only older generations showing now !!!
  • BewitchedIgnorantJohndory-size_restricted.gif.ec0a4be9f7a9e53e659f0c73da9b610c.gif

giphy.gifnooooo.gif.1f375dc5fc604d24eee5f6261eef0418.gif

joey-no-sense-2.thumb.jpg.b656a2a2b9770628dbd8855098096301.jpg

Edited by roseelvira
was still in shock when i posted
  • Haha 12

3 hours ago, roseelvira said:

It is just ...wow ,,,,,,When are the moving everyone over from the older generations homes ???   Glad i caught a camper before the page went medow ,,,,  

There are around 10000 new Linden homes ready now. There are about 38000 old Linden homes. Around 28000 new Linden homes are still needed. So the mass (forced) movement from the old homes will not be any time soon.

Edited by Coby Foden
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

New list is as follows... so Ebb Tide should be more than a week from now

SSPE316    Quercus Alba
SSPE320    Rowurboat
SSPE331    Point Sampson
SSPE332    Phelps Place
SSPE334    Levity
SSPE335    Cheddar Bay
SSPE336    Castoff
SSPE339    Ebbe Tide
SSPE340    Spiderwood

I knew Leora would come through with a nice list..... thank you!!!...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Not just move, but not even claim one to begin with.  We have had people come here complaining that they just keep seeing the same traditional over and over on the web page, but they wanted one of the other styles.  

For anyone that had one of the older Linden homes, it is understandable.  For the older homes, you picked your exact style from the web page.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Not just move, but not even claim one to begin with.  We have had people come here complaining that they just keep seeing the same traditional over and over on the web page, but they wanted one of the other styles.  

For anyone that had one of the older Linden homes, it is understandable.  For the older homes, you picked your exact style from the web page.

Yanno.  @Whitney Linden hovers around regions she releases for a half hour or so.  It would not be at all hard to adapt a regional visitor counter script, say one that works as an attachment, say one called (glances at her scripts, decides against) ... anyway, it would be easy to make one that Whitney, or any region releaser, could wear that would send an IM to every new arrival on the region that says something like:

"Welcome to the newly released region <name>!  If you are a new Linden Home owner, please remember that you can change the model of your home by touching the parcel controller just outside your parcel boundary and using the menus.  For traditional homes, the controller is a mailbox ... blah blah blah."

She could even leave a box around for a couple days that would do this, and then auto-delete itself. to catch the inevitable late arrivals and quick abandons.

Eventually, word would get around!

It also would not be difficult to do a script for every parcel controller that would send a similar message every time a new owner arrived on the parcel.  But that's adding about 20 scripts to regions, scripts that usually would just sit around eating memory.  Plus that script would require more than 15 minutes to do.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Btw, one of my alts took a quick tour of the big toe area of North Belli.  The entire area in blue, other than the fringe of houseboats, is unreleased trads!  Oops, I see I included Gridley Crossroads, which is released, well anyway you get the idea.  That is a truckload of trads!  I didn't see a single camper.

1575165226_tradareas.thumb.PNG.24d82170aba18ce30ef7cfd498cf8343.PNG

Edited by Nika Talaj
crossROADS
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.