The Non Linden Home Picture Thread - Mainland Only

Ingrid Ingersoll

The second floor was not easy to decorate for me. I started with the largest room as a bedroom, but it was too big to be cozy. So I took a smaller room for the bedroom, and a living room upstairs too. It was hard to find anything else to do with the narrow part, than hang some art. Old concert posters.

Don't we have beautiful views here on Mainland?... 😁 It is a SL picture behind the blinds in the room with the mustard chairs...

The window is only a couple m away from a wall.

japan_005.jpg

japan_008.jpg

japan_009.jpg

japan_010.jpg

• Like 15

I've been putting together a castle complex in Ukanipo from parts I bought and/or collected. I have been having a wonderful time. I love my houseboat in Bellisseria, but I also love being able to just play.

The inner castle is from Sanspareil London, stairs and battlements from 'Jammin, bridge parts from Chin Rey, Tudorowen Wine Cellar from Elfico Penso, some doors and a drawbridge from Castle Snegelon (free in Marketplace), cannons from Aley, some textures from Yadni's junkyard, and portcullis from DAT's.

Image windlighted.

CastleforFacebook.jpg

• Like 14

22 minutes ago, 93YearOld said:

Our mainland home... a lovely treehouse, hidden by cliffs. The interior still needs work, but do we decorate for us, or the rest of SL? The land has been open since we got it, but there are hardly any folks going by these days.

My log cabin.png

Very cute and charming! 

• Like 2

I have developed a terrible hobby.  Every time my husband buys a new parcel of land, I stick a house on it.  This latest one is separated from our contiguous mainland landholdings by one or two parcels; two of its sides are actually region borders (the upper left corner in the first picture).

It's kind of in a pit, so rather than gaze out the windows at a grass wall or the club on the right, I picked up some 2-prim tree groupings from PrimPossible and made myself a willow grove.

Edited to add:  this is another of those L$99 houses I found on Marketplace -- cheap houses for the win!

The Meadows_001.edit.png

The Meadows_018.edit.jpg

Edited by Ajay McDowwll
Typonitis.
  • Like 11

The entrance to the house is covered, and on the right I have placed the garden seating I've used in almost every house I've furnished lately:  Spillsby Outdoor Seating from Dench Designs.  And yes, once again my avatar is smoking.  I mean, pixelated smoke can't kill you?

Turning around to face the door after you walk in, there's an office area to the left, and a bathroom to the right.  The house was originally a box with no interior walls, just the wooden room dividers toward the rear.  So I walled off the bathroom corner, and even made my first scripted object:  a sliding door.

I am way, way too tickled about that accomplishment.

The Meadows_003.edit.png

The Meadows_005.edit.png

Edited by Ajay McDowwll
Wording matters.
  • Like 12

Just past the bathroom is the kitchen area.  I'd originally purchased this kitchen planning for it to go in my Linden Traditional home, but the lack of wall cabinets didn't work as well there.  Here, with the high windows, it's perfect.  The extended corner counter is a fantastic seating area, too, for small spaces where the island or a kitchen table would be too much.

Across from the kitchen is a little seating area.  I really love the poses on the Apple Fall seating 🙂  Oh, and the wine bottles and wine glasses were freebies!

The house was all white except for the wood trim when I got it; tinting happened.  I like this dark grey-blue :)

The Meadows_008.edit.png

The Meadows_010.edit.png

Edited by Ajay McDowwll
  • Like 10

Finally is the "divided" area of the house, the bedroom.  The lamps on the wall are another freebie from Apple Fall, from their outlet section.  Pay no attention to the oldsters in the frame...

I also added a little reading nook, pretty much because I could.

I had more fun with this than I really should.  It's my current favorite hangout... but then each new place tends to get that status 🙂

My husband, meanwhile, is hoping I find another hobby. 

The Meadows_012.edit.png

The Meadows_017.edit.png

Edited by Ajay McDowwll
More wording :P
  • Like 11

This is my mainland home, I wanted something different and fun, so when I saw this tower house I knew it will be my next home, took me a while to find the perfect place for it, it's leased land in my favorite continent. 😸

ATH1.thumb.jpg.99a6e94bc0f97dd89b5711be0c6a222f.jpg

ATH2.thumb.jpg.37b9acc4334d859296943663c470a02f.jpg

ATH3.thumb.jpg.2a290f6c7c5c4314d17b1292d8ff71be.jpg

ATH4.thumb.jpg.2647f898b0dd8882a7f94c610fbacb51.jpg

ATH5.thumb.jpg.2c6f2327befb1c8eecad69e2fa240c90.jpg

ATH6.thumb.jpg.25ab6fdb3baf286c4710c274c1bd4d90.jpg

ATH7.thumb.jpg.38589612489c0d0c86fef328767a3a36.jpg

ATH8.thumb.jpg.b11949982e555b42add4c0366981c734.jpg

The living room in the second floor is my favorite spot in the house.

• Like 20

Just now, Pauck said:

This is my mainland home, I wanted something different and fun, so when I saw this tower house I knew it will be my next home, took me a while to find the perfect place for it, it's leased land in my favorite continent. 😸

ATH2.thumb.jpg.37b9acc4334d859296943663c470a02f.jpg

ATH3.thumb.jpg.2a290f6c7c5c4314d17b1292d8ff71be.jpg

ATH4.thumb.jpg.2647f898b0dd8882a7f94c610fbacb51.jpg

ATH5.thumb.jpg.2c6f2327befb1c8eecad69e2fa240c90.jpg

ATH6.thumb.jpg.25ab6fdb3baf286c4710c274c1bd4d90.jpg

ATH7.thumb.jpg.38589612489c0d0c86fef328767a3a36.jpg

ATH8.thumb.jpg.b11949982e555b42add4c0366981c734.jpg

The living room in the second floor is my favorite spot in the house.

Oh wow, this is amazing, you've done an awesome job. I just bought a small parcel that has water running through it too... thank you for the inspiration.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/22/2020 at 12:56 PM, Pauck said:

Well, hello neighbour! You are right near me there in Iris. It's the greatest spot.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Working on decorating a new penthouse loft in a more or less industrial eclectic style. Not hurrying at all. It is coming along nicely though a bit at a time.  Lots of exposed ceiling bits and pieces and a slightly grunge feel but not too much.  

1525262496_couchset.thumb.jpg.c2a7156fb0e2da9e29193bc1f9f0bbbc.jpg

• Like 11

I've been working on my mainland parcel a lot this week.  I still have the Farmer's Market area:

Pippins Glen

With the warm weather, I did add a lemonade stand and a sno-cone counter, so if you're traveling along Sandy Beach Trail way, way up north on the "unfinished" continent, and need something cool to drink, stop in and get a lemonade - or a sno-cone, if that's more your thing:

Pippins Glen

The Allotment Plot greenhouse has a couple of chairs for relaxing, plus a hot plate for tea or fried eggs, if you're on the hungry side.  The roses were imported from Bellisseria:

Pippins Glen

I have a bit more wildlife in the garden area than I would like:

Pippins Glen

The Gallery is really a vanity project.  First, I just really like the building, and thought it would be perfect as a gallery.  Second, I really like seeing the RL photos I've taken of flowers (mostly from my backyard) or other scenic/nature things from trips my husband and I have taken.   I don't consider myself a photographer, and they're just simply 'framed' on a single prim, so after a token few weeks of actually having them for sale, now they're just there as a gallery showing. 

Pippins Glen

The area in the photos is all in the lower part of my parcel which fronts the public trail, so I'm fine with passerby's stopping in for a look on their way by.  

• Like 19

Thank you very much @Nando Yip , @Elena Core and @Beth Macbain !   Sometimes I just get in the groove, and everything falls in place. 

This location has been an exercise and challenge as well, as it is one of those strange slope-y terrains you find on mainland, so I had to figure out where to flatten/use the default ground, where to cover it, and how to mask the transitions between those, especially with different heights of ground.   It's made itself a good distraction for these current times.  

• Like 6

Mainland is always interesting - you don't know who your neighbors will be, or what they will do with their parcel.  A year or so ago I had sold off a chunk of my parcel on the west side, and the person who bought it put up a huge medieval castle, so I usually take pictures on my parcel from the west side, looking east - which was a full abandoned region until yesterday when the person who had requested to buy it actually claimed it.   Like mine, it started at a higher elevation in the back and then sloped down all the way across until it was pretty much road level.  One of the things he did was to flatten out a lot of it, at the higher level further back, which resulted in one of those straight-up walls of land along the eastern side of the front of my parcel.  So I decided to put up a retaining wall and choose a plaster texture that I had picked up from the free LL items on Nautilus, and then added the frescos that I had purchased from @Bitsy Buccaneer 's shop awhile ago, but had been waiting for inspiration about where to hang them.  The retaining wall's height is just a touch above the neighbor's land at it's highest point, so it's not near as much of a tall wall on his side.  I think it came out pretty well and complements the building I have in that part of the parcel. 

850885868_20200524PippinsGlenatRamanujan_001.thumb.png.c5bdb364f92765ec930d4131f149fb3a.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

On 12/14/2019 at 7:15 AM, Mollymews said:

i put the house in a Touch to get giver box on my tractor shed parcel here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Fyre Maven/55/103/27

anyone can get/have if they want. Is really just an example of how to make a house with prims old school style from my pov

Is the white house still available? I went to the parcel but it looks like you've moved. I just bought a piece of mainland, and trying to find the right house for it 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Claire Atheria said:

Is the white house still available? I went to the parcel but it looks like you've moved. I just bought a piece of mainland, and trying to find the right house for it 🙂

i will give you a copy inworld

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1