The Non Linden Home Picture Thread - Mainland Only

Ingrid Ingersoll

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Itame/181/59/89 I think I've got it fixed in my previous post, try that.

Here's the front of the place and back. It's mostly rolling hills. And water. The Linden who was the content guy who created the terrain textures and roads for the Atoll Continent was Eric Linden. He hasn't been with the lab for ages but I think his work is still nice even today.

Snapshot_007.jpg

Snapshot_010.jpg

Edited by Ingrid Ingersoll
  • Like 18

1 minute ago, ananoelle said:

Thats a nice spot. How'd you get lucky enough to not end up with big ol ugly structures around you lol 

I sold my mainland so have no pictures. Im waiting on a home in the retirement village on Bellisseria 😂

The plot on the other side of the road is empty now but it had a reallllly nice house on it about a month back. Someone did some amazing landscaping on it, big plot. And Prokofy (landlord) seems to own a lot of land around the lake so that keeps it free of garbage. There's a lot of nice smallish cottages and things around. 

• Like 5

my little 1024m mainland place. At the moment is a hole in the ground like a quarry while I decide what to do.  I always wanted a west-facing parcel with a unobstructed sunset across a Linden water region which i now have so \o/

i have 2 neighbours who both have quite large parcels with me tucked in between them. The building at the back, which parcel runs around the left side to the sea edge. And my other neighbour on the right with the manor house. Both their properties edge a Linden road over the east side as well as the west side sea.  Both of who have been in SL since for ever. And their builds they have made themselves out of prims. So I might do the same. Go old school like them

cSnapshotparcelfrontr.thumb.png.5e3c7cbd713873571b98101669124af3.pngSnapshotparcel_001r.thumb.png.02231a3d75e122ee491a9a19cb703f46.png

Snapshotparcel_002r.thumb.png.1ad3083c0813f6081745eef8e7814f4d.png

• Like 20

I have a 4096 grid corner. And while I do have neighbors and generally don't agree with some of their decor choices, there's nothing to be done about it. I am happy to be able to use some off-sim objects to make it seem a littler larger than it is.

Far corner looking out:

1e9b482dbd1ed4d780f6ff4d6ade4bc2.jpg 1e9b482dbd1ed4d780f6ff4d6ade4bc2.jpg

Different View:

a8b35f49c4abaa019b69f3e35fa96a50.jpg

Inside my home:

fa7c99c320a7d71a370236c33d0e11ef.jpgece642e56c0cc7d6cc085d0c432e6235.jpgfc7d822db5de9f4d2fe63eb73187c179.jpg

One last picture from my favorite perch:

3cfbfd1918f87c321fbd06e0b5f3438f.jpg

• Like 13

Here's my 5120sqm mainland parcel... There's a protected water (river) in front of it and not too many eyesores nearby. LOL  It has quite a few areas with different views/recreational activities, so feel free to explore! But please don't  be mean to my 2 doggos if they do come up to you and say hi. (One's a sheepdog, the other's a Yorkie - watch your step! lol) 

BTW, I do prefer darker scenes, but I know not everyone can see in the dark -- so you may have to turn on the LL sun if it's a prob for you... Otherwise, the beach area is definitely sunny once you've stood there for a sec & let the windlight settings catch up to you. ;)

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Chinati/254/115/25 

If you have any ideas/suggestions on what I can do to make it better, PM me! Thanks~

SoZIslandGetaway_001.png

Edited by crypticzynergy
  • Like 14

On 6/11/2019 at 9:51 PM, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Let's see pics of your house on the dirty ol mainland! I'll start. Thanks to Trompe L'oeil for the midcentury modern house and most of the furniture, and to Prokofy Neva (Ravenglass Rentals) for the great little rented plot overlooking the lake. 

Location in Second Life: https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Itame/181/59/89

Snapshot_003.jpg

Snapshot_004.jpg

Snapshot_006.jpg

Snapshot_005.jpg

Thanks for your nice comments! I can't believe that's the same Itame I rent -- a graphics card makes all the difference I guess! I'm not sure why I don't have as sharp a photagraph or a view, given that I have an NVidia card better than what SL requires, but I don't have the settings right or something. How do you do it, Ingrid?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I'm not sure why I don't have as sharp a photagraph or a view, given that I have an NVidia card better than what SL requires, but I don't have the settings right or something. How do you do it, Ingrid?

I collect nice windlight settings like some people collect silver spoons. If I'm exploring and I love the sky in a sim that I visit, there's a way to save them so that you can use them as well. Makes a HUGE difference for photographs.

• Like 3

Yay!  I love picture threads :)

I just purchased a parcel of mainland that I am really happy with, I have been using a lot of Anna Erotica furniture, because I really like her style.  It is simple, has a low land impact, and is very affordable.  Here I am sitting in my castle :) I need to adjust my avatar height.  The theme for this castle is scifi, mixed with fantasy.  Outside of it I have a few droids that secure the castle, water the garden, and sweep the streets. 

Snapshot_928

Here is the castle from a distance.

Snapshot_929

I have another castle below this castle 🤣  This one is being furnished with more traditional furniture, it is mostly  barebones right now. 

Snapshot_930

And then on my ground level I have a tavern along with a small forest :)  I also have a zombie rezzer, that terrorizes the locals.  The tavern is mostly furnished inside, using medieval furniture..

Snapshot_926

Snapshot_932

And lastly the front gates leading into my home :)

Snapshot_931

I'm so used to working with only 175 LI, that I am finding I have a ton of space left.  I even have another skybox, with yet another small forest in it.

I just started building it a few days ago, I have a lot of work left to do.   I'm trying to do it really inexpensively.  So far I have met one of my neighbors and she is awesome :)  The area doesn't get very much traffic though, I see a few dots on the mini map every now and then.  There is a really cool race track close to me, I wonder if they would let me rez my car and have a go on it. 

• Like 13

@Ingrid Ingersoll

I'm glad you started a thread for good old dirty mainland.  I love mainland even though I have a new Linden house.  I do have a 4096 plot however my friend does most of the decorating for it.  I use to stalk one of your plots that you had before (I'm pretty sure it was yours).  You always changed your houses and I use to love seeing what you did with your plot.  I was sad when I went there one day and you no longer owned it.  Now make sure you post here so I can see what you are doing!  🤣

• Like 5

2 hours ago, karynmaria said:

@Ingrid Ingersoll

I'm glad you started a thread for good old dirty mainland.  I love mainland even though I have a new Linden house.  I do have a 4096 plot however my friend does most of the decorating for it.  I use to stalk one of your plots that you had before (I'm pretty sure it was yours).  You always changed your houses and I use to love seeing what you did with your plot.  I was sad when I went there one day and you no longer owned it.  Now make sure you post here so I can see what you are doing!  🤣

@Ingrid Ingersoll used to be my neighbor in Barcola. I eagerly waited to see what she was going to do next. Her builds are always wonderful. I sure miss having her as a neighbor.

• Like 4

On 6/20/2019 at 1:48 AM, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Aww thanks guys! I still log in to decorate in SL. Keeps me from raiding Homesense every weekend and redecorating my real home..which could get expensive. 

That's why my husband loves that I have SL. I can build and decorate to my heart's content at only a fraction of what it would cost for RL (and it keeps his weekends project free).

• Like 3