Jump to content
Ingrid Ingersoll

The Non Linden Home Picture Thread - Mainland Only

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Therese Tammas said:

Wow just 5 owners? That's pretty neat. Did you get to meet them? And good job btw! Hopefully you get to enjoy some sailing too there...in my quests for land I discovered that some mainland sims may overlook the ocean but they do not necessarily have sailing (like private sims do, of course)

Nah. There are almost no, if not no, double-prim lots with water access. It's like Linden Lab decided that combo would be too unfair to everyone else. :P

That said, I have a small 512m lot a few sims away that has some boats parked on it:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Uxert/162/42/28

- Anyone can rez and sail off on a boat that is 45 land impact or less. The weird cement dock on the right is because linden protected land rises up above the river there. I had to put a transparent prim in the water under my boats so they would rise up above the protected land when launching out... It works and isn't visible, so all good... O.o

PlotInUxert_001.jpg

On my home sim, relations with the other land owners are neutral. ZIndra folks don't tend to interact. Everyone is either running 'yet another badly designed blighted XXX club with misaligned prims and too much fullbright' or they're folks who just want to be left alone... :P My sim has no clubs...

 

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Nah. There are almost no, if not no, double-prim lots with water access. It's like Linden Lab decided that combo would be too unfair to everyone else. :P

That said, I have a small 512m lot a few sims away that has some boats parked on it:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Uxert/162/42/28

- Anyone can rez and sail off on a boat that is 45 land impact or less. The weird cement dock on the right is because linden protected land rises up above the river there. I had to put a transparent prim in the water under my boats so they would rise up above the protected land when launching out... It works and isn't visible, so all good... O.o

PlotInUxert_001.jpg

On my home sim, relations with the other land owners are neutral. ZIndra folks don't tend to interact. Everyone is either running 'yet another badly designed blighted XXX club with misaligned prims and too much fullbright' or they're folks who just want to be left alone... :P My sim has no clubs...

 

Haha aw and hey cool that yours is double prim! And yay that your sim has no clubs! THank you for the links I am now building my folder of mainland that I love lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My place at Alloy - Helllo gardens. Also found the windlight I like the best for Mainland, in Firestorm! And using Phototools is a must!

It used to be this...

LegacyBabe_126.thumb.png.458081dc41e1ff2ecb8395ddab99019a.png

 

And now... it's this....with 400 prims left.

 

 

 

 

LegacyBabe_138.png

LegacyBabe_132.png

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

And now... it's this....with 400 prims left.... CONTINUED...Oye...even with compressing these download limits are really a pain... lol...

 

 

vKMzkbZ.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

LegacyBabe_128.png

jWij8j8.jpg

 

AQBqMI4.jpg

 

 

Edited by Therese Tammas
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I abandoned my Bellisseria home a couple of months ago and bought a regular mainland parcel, 2048m. And now I live in a castle.

190816_002.jpg.0366f103a19dcb46207c39c91ecba666.jpg

The Great Hall...

191015_004.jpg.345af0b9e4bc7e7bbd64d1dfaf886b3b.jpg

The Parlour...

191015_005.jpg.19befb1f97f0d6a0202047faf467a359.jpg

The Library...

191015_006.jpg.9c762d7d44e0f0759436d79f6932c949.jpg

The Master's Chamber...

191015_007.jpg.058ece55dc268b3e4f0c8aca3586758f.jpg

With a forest outside..

191015_008.jpg.e1270662c0832fe2a829fd3c566ce162.jpg

And the Red Lion tavern at the end of the lane...

190816_004.jpg.e4469caa5773e341d6cb6cf3576a4a89.jpg

 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 9:42 PM, Therese Tammas said:

 

And now... it's this....with 400 prims left.... CONTINUED...Oye...even with compressing these download limits are really a pain... lol...

 

 

vKMzkbZ.jpg

You really made the pale stone ground texture work for your place with all those light coloured bushes etc. Nice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was looking to move one of my mainland properties from Satori to Sansara, so I would be able to travel to and from my land in Bellisseria. I found a parcel that suited me perfectly, and was very pleased to be able to use it exactly as I had hoped. I then bought the parcel next to it, and a day or so later, the rest of the parcels having been taken, I managed to get some abandoned land that one of the other purchasers had discarded having cut the size they wanted, which very conveniently adjoined mine. My initial 560 sqm parcel had now grown to 3360 sqm. My Belli Traditional was let go to make room on my tier, but I still have a camper. The mainland is once again my home though.

There are only 5 other land owners on the region: 1 has over a quarter of the region, 2 others a quarter each, myself and 2 others have the remainder. As the region is very hilly (which really was an attraction for me), the other owners are in the sky, and the only other building on the ground is what looks to be a temporary building that the owner has now left having given up trying to landscape, and putting buildings in the sky.

As the ground texture is rocky, I shall be able to indulge in some seasonal changes which is something that I enjoy seeing.

Monk_056.thumb.jpg.650d92778edc81af5261b4ac522ad019.jpg

The bottom group of buildings is a Priory, which was the first parcel. I then decided to get the next parcel and moved another of my builds, which was a remembrance garden, and made it into a proper chapel which seemed appropriate especially as the region name is Rosslyn. My house is then next to that. The neighbour's temp build can be seen at the bottom of the hill.

Monk_059.thumb.jpg.345c4b54482c807524f13489b7775abe.jpg

Rosslyn Priory

Monk_061.thumb.jpg.12b6bdcc7c59144b2feb84dd5bb783ed.jpg

Rosslyn Chapel

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2019 at 2:54 PM, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

You really made the pale stone ground texture work for your place with all those light coloured bushes etc. Nice!

@Ingrid Ingersoll Thank you so much!! I enjoyed it...I switched things around lately, made it more open to be ready to be shared with a friend for a new project, in this place are waterfalls ❤️❤️ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2019 at 11:01 AM, Walpurgisnacht said:

.... a proper chapel which seemed appropriate especially as the region name is Rosslyn

I visited. Hope you don't mind. 

 

Snapshot_004.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

I visited. Hope you don't mind. 

 

Snapshot_004.jpg

So nice to have visitors, you are very welcome indeed :) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have tried different ways to put a water feature on my mainland home parcel which is a 1024m (I have a roadside 96m in a different location on the region as well). I have tried different things from various creators to make a water feature

but none of the pieces, or my own efforts, worked as I wanted on my parcel which is on a slope. When the terrain is reverted it slopes diagonally down from North-East to South-West. So there is a restriction on how high/low the terrain can be manipulated. Like the parcel can't be totally flattened when leveled with the terrain on the Linden water region to my west. And I do like to smooth the edges of my parcel with the neighbours as best I can. My neighbour's are on different heights also. High on one side, and low on the other

my parcel edges a Linden water region, but doesn't edge the Linden water itself. There is terrain on the water region, which in front of my parcel also slopes North-East to South-West

so my parcel is a little bit awkward to work in a water feature that can make some kind of sense, at least to me

where I have done this in the past then typically: Waterfall/spring down to a pond/sump of some kind, with variable and to me unsatisfactory outcomes until now

we shouldn't really promote people's stuff on here (and I dunno this person) but sometimes somebody makes something really amazing. And this cascading river kit from Alex Bader is amazing. The way the water flows is absolutely stunning. There are even little backwashes where a backwash would be. Is not relatively cheap this kit, but compared to all the other things I have bought and discarded, then is cheap for what I ended up with

it works on my little parcel. It makes sense that on this parcel in these terrain constraints, that water could flow into a sump. A sump which in turn would have a natural overflow outlet, in heavy rain/flooding for example, spilling down a hillside into the sea. A end piece in the kit (with a complementary rock base taken from another of this person's kits) that on different terrain would typically be used to directly connect our stream/river with a sea/lake or larger river

i am very happy with this creator person, as I was able to resize the pieces way down from their default rez size and still able fit them together to create a tiny yet feature-rich seamless and coherent stream, with a cascading water flow on my little parcel. Using rocks to flow merge the pieces with the terrain. Trees and bushes to complement. A little rurally cottage and a little lighthouse to finish

some pics

Snapshot_031.thumb.png.c6c2969cc58200de1d675d43c1a7fe9e.pngSnapshot_032.thumb.png.d10dff94737839c19cddde98d1878608.pngSnapshot_033.thumb.png.6b88813f01833c64f61e5ca1c94c9a16.png

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's our place.  We actually just moved; we had property in Flung for twelve years, but during the time we were offworld for the most part, some folks bought the surrounding land and built an airport.  When one of them emailed me, we sold them the land (which involved me getting a new computer since my old one was 10 and totally freaked when I tried to log in), then looked for other property.

We landed in Rancourt, which is located on Zindra.  So... not a lot of background pics :)  But we like where we live, and we derendered the timer for the XXX videos playing behind our house so it doesn't show through our bedroom wall.  Priorities, yo.

Our home is a Rosebud Cottage, made by Pamela Galli of La Galleria.  Furniture is eclectic, with a slant toward LISP. 

We don't go for realism house-wise in terms of kitchens or bathrooms, because frankly I get enough of cleaning them at our RL house.  Also, prims are important so we tend to angle more toward stuff we just "want"... which would include my husband's pack of hyenas, because I am a terrible woman and won't let him have one in RL.

ajay house 102819_001.png

 

ajay house 102819_003.png

ajay house 102819_004.png

ajay house 102819_007.png

Edited by Ajay McDowwll
Needed to be more selective on pics :P
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In addition the house on our main parcel, I have a "she shed" which is actually a floating island.  I installed teleporter buttons between the "hidden" chamber in the base of the island to get me to our changing room and the living room in the main house.  Sometimes I ignore them and fly down.

 

Ajay She Shed_004.png

Ajay She Shed_001.png

Ajay She Shed_002.png

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2019 at 6:02 AM, Mollymews said:

i have tried different ways to put a water feature on my mainland home parcel which is a 1024m (I have a roadside 96m in a different location on the region as well). I have tried different things from various creators to make a water feature

but none of the pieces, or my own efforts, worked as I wanted on my parcel which is on a slope. When the terrain is reverted it slopes diagonally down from North-East to South-West. So there is a restriction on how high/low the terrain can be manipulated. Like the parcel can't be totally flattened when leveled with the terrain on the Linden water region to my west. And I do like to smooth the edges of my parcel with the neighbours as best I can. My neighbour's are on different heights also. High on one side, and low on the other

my parcel edges a Linden water region, but doesn't edge the Linden water itself. There is terrain on the water region, which in front of my parcel also slopes North-East to South-West

so my parcel is a little bit awkward to work in a water feature that can make some kind of sense, at least to me

where I have done this in the past then typically: Waterfall/spring down to a pond/sump of some kind, with variable and to me unsatisfactory outcomes until now

we shouldn't really promote people's stuff on here (and I dunno this person) but sometimes somebody makes something really amazing. And this cascading river kit from Alex Bader is amazing. The way the water flows is absolutely stunning. There are even little backwashes where a backwash would be. Is not relatively cheap this kit, but compared to all the other things I have bought and discarded, then is cheap for what I ended up with

it works on my little parcel. It makes sense that on this parcel in these terrain constraints, that water could flow into a sump. A sump which in turn would have a natural overflow outlet, in heavy rain/flooding for example, spilling down a hillside into the sea. A end piece in the kit (with a complementary rock base taken from another of this person's kits) that on different terrain would typically be used to directly connect our stream/river with a sea/lake or larger river

i am very happy with this creator person, as I was able to resize the pieces way down from their default rez size and still able fit them together to create a tiny yet feature-rich seamless and coherent stream, with a cascading water flow on my little parcel. Using rocks to flow merge the pieces with the terrain. Trees and bushes to complement. A little rurally cottage and a little lighthouse to finish

some pics

Snapshot_033.thumb.png.6b88813f01833c64f61e5ca1c94c9a16.png

That picture makes me want to have land again. That I can terraform and place the house I want on. Sigh. I am hoping that LL will offer some sweet land deal when they finally reveal Super Premium.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm living on the southside of Jeogeot on a small parcel surrounded by water. This puts me in a similar position as others, who have a bit of an odd terrain to work with (in addition to the small size). When I first moved in, I  had no visible neighbours close by. Then I moved up into a dark gothic skybox and forgot about the land down below for a while. Recently I decieded to drop back down and delete the skybox. Well, I'm not alone anymore, so I had to find a way to incorporate my parcel into the existing island landscape around me. I went with a jungle theme, placing my home on a rocky island and adding a few elements to make it seem "old", like the island had been home to someone for decades. Its not entirely finished yet. The second room in the house is still empty, but the garden is almost done and the first room has some furniture already in it. Did I mention I love plants? 😂

 

Snapshot_062.png

Snapshot_063.png

Snapshot_064.png

Snapshot_065.png

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, iamyourneighbour said:

@MollymewsI can see my city in the background lol

/me waves to neighbour :)

i go by your city when I drive my tractor on the road, which I keep in a shed down the road a bit from you. I never went into your place yet because tractor, which would kinda only work in a farmer-goes-to-town way, so I never yet. I have stopped tho on the road and had a nosey with my camera.  I quite like your city as it adds variety, which is what I like about classic mainland

the whole resident varietal elective appeals to me and I find it quite interesting what people do/make when out exploring/driving on the roads

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been working on this mainland parcel off and on for a couple of months.  I think I'm finally pretty pleased with it.  I've never lived on a farm in real life, but here I like to think that it'd be cool to live on a farm, so usually my mainland parcels end up with a farm theme. 

The entrance part from the road, with a little famers market area:

101825840_20191119PippinsGlenatRamanujan_001.thumb.jpg.d8521efedfa7b199712449efa38aa177.jpg

the front pasture (with horses, a cow, goats and chickens)

2012105570_20191119PippinsGlenatRamanujan_002.thumb.jpg.d33b2867edfb9838c868352f65b2ba2b.jpg

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...