The Non Linden Home Picture Thread - Mainland Only

Ingrid Ingersoll

... it seems that no one is very interested in exposing his photos of his properties on the continent ... well, I live building and rebuilding my Morestello Sky ... this is a new wooden house in which I am trying to create a balance between matte textures and the appearance of the shine and reflection of materials.

reta_007.thumb.jpg.ebaa1d87576843e7e29a12d8978b8714.jpg

reta_006.thumb.jpg.4a2047eda0878faeb65f3bd71c25b59f.jpg

reta_005.thumb.jpg.6fcf61f9c539c7b03473df6701443909.jpg

reta_001.thumb.jpg.730f25f507323c068f110cbb68e4914e.jpg

reta_010.thumb.jpg.8f156651b9d3b668b78424a79db34a89.jpg

reta_013.thumb.jpg.e494fa51102ba23bced7eee75ec716cd.jpg

• Like 18

I have been working on a Mainland plot. I have itched to set up the Hardwick Manor from Apple Fall, but the house has 345 Li. I needed something bigger than a small plot.

Hardwick ManorHardwick ManorHardwick Manor

The draw distance is over 200 here, I show Applewood City on purpose. It is a living Mainland city. I think it works well, like a RL manor has sold its grounds to a developer. The garden wall is from Domineaux and fits the house. I am so tempted to pay up and get Skye water, but it annoys me so much that I have to buy the whole pack, just to get water here. I am not content with this water....

• Like 15

I could fill up with post after post and picture after picture. It is not easy to pick. The house itself is so decorative and has so decorative textures that it looks fantastic even empty. I have selected walls and added a little tint to them, like the wall behind the fireplace and the kitchen walls.

Hardwick Manor interiorHardwick Manor interiorHardwick Manor interiorHardwick Manor interiorHardwick Manor interior

• Like 12

40 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I am so tempted to pay up and get Skye water, but it annoys me so much that I have to buy the whole pack, just to get water here. I am not content with this water....

I don't know if it's gonna work but you might wanna check this river kit from LOVE store and it's only for 50L$

it look pretty good for 50 lindens!

you wont find it on MP so here's the inworld store:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/NESWNGI/100/149/22

Snapshot_6916.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, seeno29 said:

I don't know if it's gonna work but you might wanna check this river kit from LOVE store and it's only for 50L$

it look pretty good for 50 lindens!

you wont find it on MP so here's the inworld store:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/NESWNGI/100/149/22

Snapshot_6916.png

Wow! That look good! TY I must look it up tomorrow!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I could fill up with post after post and picture after picture. It is not easy to pick. The house itself is so decorative and has so decorative textures that it looks fantastic even empty.

I always enjoy seeing how you've decorated homes.  I especially like what you did with this house. 

I was actually up walking through the demo of this house a few weeks ago, thinking about what I might do with it, and almost purchased it.  It is a nice house.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Well, personally, I don't mind you posting all of the pictures.  I truly love seeing how you decorate and landscape - never get enough.

Thank you, I take several pictures  of the same angle, in different lights, so it is hard for me to pick one.

9 hours ago, Moira Timmerman said:

I always enjoy seeing how you've decorated homes.  I especially like what you did with this house. 

I was actually up walking through the demo of this house a few weeks ago, thinking about what I might do with it, and almost purchased it.  It is a nice house.

This house have excellent textures, so it is wonderful to decorate. It is so many LI that I have to let the attic be empty. But I have 1 Li curtains for the windows there.

I wish Apple (Is it a man or a female?) makes more houses. I would love a farmhouse/smaller house with +/- 200 Li.

I like 3 or 4 other designers, but the Apple Fall textures are special. I do not like Scarlet Creative so much... some of their small builds are lovely, but not like Apple. And Onsu are good for newer looking homes, but all their houses have a big footprint for a 32 m wide plot. Well, not one, but that is too small for me.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, seeno29 said:

yes, hope it works, good luck!

Not here, the water was too fast, even the slow one. But for 50 L it was a good price. I can always use some of the rocks and the plants was good.

I went to Skye to look at their water, and I am glad I did. I did not like it at all, and I could not find any controller so I could test other waters. Spending 899 L on a set where all I need is one larger piece. And where I hated the water that was rezzed out. I could gamble on that I would fall in love with another of the water colors/settings, but no. Not unless I have seen it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I went to Skye to look at their water, and I am glad I did. I did not like it at all, and I could not find any controller so I could test other waters. Spending 899 L on a set where all I need is one larger piece. And where I hated the water that was rezzed out. I could gamble on that I would fall in love with another of the water colors/settings, but no. Not unless I have seen it.

I have Skye's water, I'd be happy to rez it for you (with access set to everyone) so you can see if you like any of it :)

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Not here, the water was too fast, even the slow one. But for 50 L it was a good price. I can always use some of the rocks and the plants was good.

true, that's why i wasn't sure if it's gonna work for you, I also bought it;  cuz it's only for 50L$ and it might be useful someday, who knows.

• Like 2

This is the second floor landing, and I wanted it to look like the curtains was blowing in and made papir fly around. They are static and actually old, from 2015.

Of course it does not look "real" since it is static, but it can look good in a picture. It should be possible to open the windows here, that would be better.

It makes me laugh a bit when the marketplace reviews said this house has to be scaled up to be useable... I think it looks great with "reasonably" sized furniture. But maybe they had very large sofas and beds.

Second floor reading/writing

• Like 9

My first public place, it's not much but it's something I've always wanted to do,
and I finally did it, it got a lot of errors, and somethings doesn't make sense,but it's a start, I'll keep fixing things around,
 it's open to public as I said, everyone is welcome to visit, and it's right next to a pod station too, in case someone loves them like me, I forgot to say it's a coffee shop kinda...

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sedge/216/201/49

Snapshot_6956.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, seeno29 said:

My first public place, it's not much but it's something I've always wanted to do,
and I finally did it, it got a lot of errors, and somethings doesn't make sense,but it's a start, I'll keep fixing things around,
 it's open to public as I said, everyone is welcome to visit, and it's right next to a pod station too, in case someone loves them like me, I forgot to say it's a coffee shop kinda...

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sedge/216/201/49

Snapshot_6956.png

I'll have to stop by there.  From the picture, it looks much nicer than a coffee shop I set up in Bay City for awhile, 4 or 5 years ago.  It's fun to do things like this from time to time.  I hope you are enjoying the experience.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Moira Timmerman said:

I'll have to stop by there.  From the picture, it looks much nicer than a coffee shop I set up in Bay City for awhile, 4 or 5 years ago.  It's fun to do things like this from time to time.  I hope you are enjoying the experience.

Don't get fooled by the picture I tried to get a nice angle 😛

oh and yes, I am having so much fun, I own the land in front of it too and I'm gonna make it for public as well,  most of the sedge area are public places and people there are very nice, hope you enjoy your tour around, and I welcome any feed back/ suggestions ^^

Edited by seeno29
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, seeno29 said:

Don't get fooled by the picture I tried to get a nice angle 😛

oh and yes, I am having so much fun, I own the land in front of it too and I'm gonna make it for public as well,  most of the sedge area are public places and people there are very nice, hope you enjoy your tour around, and I welcome any feed back/ suggestions ^^

Very nicely done!  You didn't mention the waterfall and creek just past the deck.  It was such a hot walk up the hill I had to take a little break sitting out on the bridge to cool off before heading over to the pod station for a quick tour.

1203568580_20200903SarahsCafeOntheRoadatSedge_003.thumb.png.966bcb54d4e002ec1e3f559d91343a64.png

• Like 14

5 hours ago, Moira Timmerman said:

Very nicely done!  You didn't mention the waterfall and creek just past the deck.  It was such a hot walk up the hill I had to take a little break sitting out on the bridge to cool off before heading over to the pod station for a quick tour.

1203568580_20200903SarahsCafeOntheRoadatSedge_003.thumb.png.966bcb54d4e002ec1e3f559d91343a64.png

Thank you, it's more fun for you to explore and discover it by yourself right? 😜 

• Like 4