Jump to content
Ingrid Ingersoll

The Non Linden Home Picture Thread - Mainland Only

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, SusanPoora said:

That, is on point. In many cases indeed. Well, I guess we have to expose ourselves to more good then. Like maybe say, eventually, moment by moment, collecting quality Landmarks into a folder. So that one day, there is this whole folder of good places, and that would be good enough to remind ourselves of the good rather than the 'always existing anyways' bad?

Perhaps, and I know some people maintain lists of mainland spots that they share with others. I like to just go out exploring, though, and just see what I come across. Part of the fun for me is to just be riding along and suddenly come face to face with something breath-taking. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

No,  office furniture is BAMSE (a gacha).   You can rent from the boxes in front of the houses.   NOW there are various choices of  land impact and prices for "my" house and a bunch of other designs.   Just look around the sim.     Two of this style available (different land impacts). 

They are here:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Xenosaur/129/195/63

 

One has a garage, the other doesn't. 

 

I teleported over there, and it is just the style building I want.  I hope LL has modern as a new theme. I think I will rent there if LL does not have a modern theme now. Or I will buy one of the creators houses and set it up another place.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a serious decorating problem.  I'm not good at it, per se... but I enjoy doing it, and we've ended up with WAY too many houses because of it LOL.  This one is a tiny house that I tinted pretty heavily (it was all white, except for the floors, door, and trim around the windows) and stuck on a 1024 plot of land with 351 land impact allowed.  Although I did deed the land to group, I decided to see what I could do strictly within the inate LI, so everything you see here and in the next post (due to upload limits) hits a grand total of 321 LI.

I had way too much fun with this :D

Tiny House First Floor_001.png

Tiny House Second Floor_001.edit.png

Edited by Ajay McDowwll
Wrong area for land. Because dim :P
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The toilet cracks me up -- it has an "air freshener" animation and attaches a can of it to your hand :D  The exterior shot is a bit dark, but I kind of like how it looks this way :)

Tiny House Bathroom_001.png

Tiny House Exterior_001.png

Tiny House Exterior_001.edit.png

Edited by Ajay McDowwll
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Perhaps, and I know some people maintain lists of mainland spots that they share with others. I like to just go out exploring, though, and just see what I come across. Part of the fun for me is to just be riding along and suddenly come face to face with something breath-taking. 

Ahh, the surprise indeed. Nice! 😊

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

The toilet cracks me up -- it has an "air freshener" animation and attaches a can of it to your hand :D  The exterior shot is a bit dark, but I kind of like how it looks this way :)

Tiny House Bathroom_001.png

Tiny House Exterior_001.png

Tiny House Exterior_001.edit.png

Lovely home and great kitchen. I love the river view!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elena Core said:

Lovely home and great kitchen. I love the river view!

Thanks -- I love the kitchen as well!  Sadly there's no actual river; there's a swimming pool, and my bad lighting probably made a river appear where there is none.  It would have been nice, though :)

It does front onto a Linden Road, though, which doesn't hurt my feelings at all :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I got myself a house, same place as Chic. Absolutely not finished, but I think the kitchen is more or less done. I made the blinds myself, they are closed when you look in, and open when you look out. And the texture is set to alpha masking with a cutoff of 120, so there is no alpha clashing.

I adore the kitchen modules. I just wish it was high cabinets too. I stacked 2 cupboards over the washer/dryer, placed the 2 Roost elements on each side and a dark prim over. I textured all the wood, so it matches.

 

kitchena_001.jpg

kitchena_002.jpg

kitchena_004.jpg

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Well, I got myself a house, same place as Chic. Absolutely not finished, but I think the kitchen is more or less done. I made the blinds myself, they are closed when you look in, and open when you look out. And the texture is set to alpha masking with a cutoff of 120, so there is no alpha clashing.

I adore the kitchen modules. I just wish it was high cabinets too. I stacked 2 cupboards over the washer/dryer, placed the 2 Roost elements on each side and a dark prim over. I textured all the wood, so it matches.

 

 

 

I saw you moved in and an old LEA friend of mine on the other side. Fun.    One more of this style left but no garage. I am using my garage for a staging area for event stuff which is fun as it is way more RL realistic than a building pad LOL.  Meanwhile here is MY kitchen and dining. I have my eye on some  arty wall lights at Uber but Uber is full so far. There is tomorrow. 

 

187365168_kitchenxenotaur.thumb.jpg.8471c3f0dcfb0709f897b4a9ca229076.jpg

 

HUGE kitchen (no modding) from Trompe Loeil from last winter.  Bistro bar and stools mine. 

 

1674649497_diningxenotaur.thumb.jpg.56eb212a863002caaac7656d18a0f7f2.jpg

Dining set Cain Maven (sold by Kaeri) with Apple Fall plates and centerpiece.   

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tend to go more traditional (although I'm not sure what my tiny house style is, exactly), but I love the modern buildings and what both of you (Marianne and Chic) have done with them!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally made it into Uber cam sim and picked up these lights with selves from N4RS.  I sized them down a lot (didn't lower the li :D) and they definitely spruces up my new Xenotaur home. I also made a concrete wall in back with a water feature or two  to block a bit of the view. Getting pretty spiffy.   The plants don't come with the wall light and shelf. By accident I ended up using a plant from N4RS also. Not really sure where that came from or when I got it. I tinted the pot black to match the furniture. After taking this shot I traded out the rug to one I "made" and got 6 land impact back (a good deal).

1076532217_N4RSwalllights.thumb.jpg.49f351064c2ae1be4eae1049f35fbc3e.jpg

 

610385770_N4RScloseup.thumb.jpg.6573447190804e644d0d06ee63b87ed7.jpg

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I finally made it into Uber cam sim and picked up these lights with selves from N4RS.  I sized them down a lot (didn't lower the li :D) and they definitely spruces up my new Xenotaur home. I also made a concrete wall in back with a water feature or two  to block a bit of the view. Getting pretty spiffy.   The plants don't come with the wall light and shelf. By accident I ended up using a plant from N4RS also. Not really sure where that came from or when I got it. I tinted the pot black to match the furniture. After taking this shot I traded out the rug to one I "made" and got 6 land impact back (a good deal).

1076532217_N4RSwalllights.thumb.jpg.49f351064c2ae1be4eae1049f35fbc3e.jpg

 

610385770_N4RScloseup.thumb.jpg.6573447190804e644d0d06ee63b87ed7.jpg

 

 

You found a matching texture for the concrete wall, or did you use a totally different texture as a contrast?

I had to buy the fireplace after I first saw it 2 days ago in your house. Not sure where I'll put it up. It was tempting to rush and buy the kitchen, but I resisted the temptation. It is nice to have room for a large kitchen, I must say.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

You found a matching texture for the concrete wall, or did you use a totally different texture as a contrast?

I had to buy the fireplace after I first saw it 2 days ago in your house. Not sure where I'll put it up. It was tempting to rush and buy the kitchen, but I resisted the temptation. It is nice to have room for a large kitchen, I must say.

I haven't retextured any walls except for behind the kitchen sink (now dark gray brick) as it was just too much WHITE in there.  I did make a concrete fence out back but just used a similar texture. you could "maybe" take a screenshot of the wall and make your own texture. I did that with the roof on the Belli houses long ago and it worked well.  And yes, I use that fireplace often. It is in my Belli house too. Little space - low land impact.      Lots of changes in the neighborhood of late. Fun to watch.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Working on my upstairs office yesterday and added a FLF fireplace wall from LISP this morning.  I think I am done there.  :D.

1328818226_FLFLisp.thumb.jpg.1bf6e956a09668361c1d1ae82a5e84c5.jpg

 

1054428626_FLFLisp2.thumb.jpg.7c33727b7a735de46026dc9c7eaf7ecf.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I realized I hadn't posted my "Baby Box" home, which is a skybox I put together when I got my Zooby Baby (aka Ellie, aka The Edritch Horror).  My husband is appalled by all things animesh that are humanoid, so this was our compromise.  First, the bedroom and the bathroom.  Since I'm on group land I decided land impact was not a thing, so I have both a shower and a bathtub in the bathroom :P

Babybox Bedroom_001.png

Babybox Bathroom_001.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next are the laundry room and kitchen.  Both are from Dench Designs, and both give me an unholy amount of joy, in large part because of both the items they can rezz, and the animations.

No, I don't iron in real life.  That's why God gave us dryers.  And yes, I'm snacking on the floor.  Don't judge.

Babybox Laundry_001.png

Babybox Kitchen_001.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally, we have the "living room," which is actually the baby room, and then we have The Infant in question.  She's... terrifyingly cute, and yes, I totally coordinate our outfits on purpose.  I actually make sure to do all her things (bath, diaper, love, and food) for her every day, and it's weirdly satisfying.  She's the reason this skybox got done up as much as it did.  All the original furnishings and finishes are gone; the texturing and tinting was all my own.  This was the first place I truly personalized, it's also what made me insistent on bathrooms and kitchens in Second Life when I had previously eschewed them strenusouly under the banner of "I HAVE ENOUGH OF THIS IN RL!!!"  I wouldn't have it any other way, and I owe it all to a small, pixelated infant.
I regret nothing. 

Babybox Baby Room_001.png

Babybox Baby_001.png

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like that I found that Xenosaur place, thanks to Chic.

Yesterday I made a pool. No one complained yet. I made sure my ground go all out to the edge. The natural rock edge is made by region owner.

It is not deep. Waist deep. Deep enough to float around in. But it is pretty to look at. Lower draw distance to under 120, and most of the items in view disappear. They don't look so bad, after some derendering.

I still haven't finished the second floor.

 

xeno_001.jpg

xeno_002.jpg

xeno_003.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I like that I found that Xenosaur place, thanks to Chic.

Yesterday I made a pool. No one complained yet. I made sure my ground go all out to the edge. The natural rock edge is made by region owner.

It is not deep. Waist deep. Deep enough to float around in. But it is pretty to look at. Lower draw distance to under 120, and most of the items in view disappear. They don't look so bad, after some derendering.

I still haven't finished the second floor.

 

xeno_001.jpg

xeno_002.jpg

xeno_003.jpg

Very creative turning it into a pool. I should start doing that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, iamyourneighbour said:

Very creative turning it into a pool. I should start doing that.

Yes, great looking pool. Marriane is definitely imaginative.  I made my "steps into nowhere" into a fountain last week and added a matching low wall.  for a patio feel.  

fountain.thumb.jpg.9bd0c16dd0f98f7195d07aa65e3c2503.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chic Aeon said:

Yes, great looking pool. Marriane is definitely imaginative.  I made my "steps into nowhere" into a fountain last week and added a matching low wall.  for a patio feel.  

fountain.thumb.jpg.9bd0c16dd0f98f7195d07aa65e3c2503.jpg

The city is a canvas and the residents paint it 😁

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, iamyourneighbour said:

The city is a canvas and the residents paint it 😁

I saw what Chic did, and made something like that, with a fountain. Then it struck me, I have much more land until the edge. What about... and a pool it was.

The stairs are perfect as stairs down in the pool.

Next time I think I make a Japanese zen garden. I am using so much small romantic flowers in Bellisseria. Need a change.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2020 at 1:23 AM, Beth Macbain said:

...  I came across some stunningly beautiful places. ...

1379779706_Mainland1Small.thumb.png.be216ba7177a318a5e0716bb2425dcf2.png

Jaw droppingly realistic. 10 out of 10 !

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You inspired me to share this Beth. This is a collaborative region build between me and my partner, currently in its early stages...

 

 

ccc.jpg

ccccc.jpg

Edited by rasterscan
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GREAT new bed for FLF at Nomad. Also saved me 13 land impact over old bed AND more my style. Doing happy dance.

1881546697_FLFNomad.thumb.jpg.d9a88942679f108dd2c5d3e3ccbff358.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...