The Non Linden Home Picture Thread - Mainland Only

Ingrid Ingersoll

Adding statues to the garden. I had one laying in the grass, but I prefer to raise up statues on pillars. 3 of these are gacha from The Silas Gallery. They are quite heavy on the Li, but reduced in size and linked to a (full permission) pillar, they are 2, 2, and 3 Li. I have had some rubbish pillars before, but these are good. Even the one with ivy is visible from a distance on LOD 2. The house fall apart before it does. Well, the ivy is not visible, but the stone itself is.

The formal courtyard had only the faun fountain a long time, but I put in store benches and topiary plus a statue yesterday. I have made the stone terrace and cobblestone walk myself.

Courtyard Hardwick manor

Statues in the garden

Statues in the garden

• Like 17

stolemytractor_001.thumb.png.2515ca7378251742a7108bea6976531a.png

here is a pic of my tractor shed. I logged in today and my tractor was gone. StoleYourTractor Resident stole my tractor !!! Probably so they never had to walk home after they drank all my moonshine !!! (is what happens when leave the keys in it - anyone can drive)

i had to go to the Lost and Found department of the Inventory Police Station to get it back 😸

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

I've been working on a cafe, also an Apple Fall build, pretty high land impact but I'll skimp on decor to have the building. The cafe set is from Roiro (Saten Set)

Come Visit! : https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Goodelli/14/202/32/

Snapshot_001.jpg

Snapshot_002.jpg

Snapshot_003.jpg

Welcome back, you don't know me but I so love your posts in here, glad to see you posting again ^^

Edited by seeno29
  • Like 1

On 6/11/2019 at 9:51 PM, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Let's see pics of your house on the dirty ol mainland! I'll start. Thanks to Trompe L'oeil for the midcentury modern house and most of the furniture, and to Prokofy Neva (Ravenglass Rentals) for the great little rented plot overlooking the lake. 

Location in Second Life: https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Itame/181/59/89

Snapshot_003.jpg

Snapshot_004.jpg

Snapshot_006.jpg

Snapshot_005.jpg

Of all things, I had a tenant just now who wanted to replicate this situation on this very land (which is in my group rentals) and with this very house, which they owned.

So...then it didn't seem to fit. Did you shrink the house?

Or -- what I think is more likely -- you put the front porch so that it hung over on to the next parcel. Which was perfectly fine because it was a "prims" parcel in our group. It meant that you couldn't have the same radio stream perhaps. But you added those stone cliffs, right? They were not there from me, anyway.

The other possibility is you rooted this and hung it over Linden land. But I don't recall that you did this. And again, it becomes a problem with placement of things, radio etc if you do that.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2020 at 4:08 PM, Prokofy Neva said:

Of all things, I had a tenant just now who wanted to replicate this situation on this very land (which is in my group rentals) and with this very house, which they owned.

Hi Prokofy,

Generally I shrink all houses, they're just too big for my avatar and it ends up looking weird when standing next to a giant front door. And yes, I shrunk this one and didn't need to spill over onto the plot next door (If I remember correctly). I also added the cliff rocks. And I think I had terraform rights on your land so may have tweaked things a bit to make it fit. 

That's a great plot. Great little spot. Did you see the cafe that went up down the road from there? Really nice. 

Edited by Ingrid Ingersoll
  • Like 2

It has not been easy to take pictures lately, but I try to post some I am almost happy with.

For the first image: Instead of stairs or a ramp down, I am using a tunnell. You can see the opening to the left. It comes up in front of the statue.

Livingroom-orange-ed_006.jpg

Livingroom-orange-ed_007.jpg

Livingroom-orange-ed_004.jpg

Livingroom-orange-ed_002.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
changed a word
  • Like 18

14 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

It has not been easy to take pictures lately, but I try to post some I am almost happy with.

For the first image: Instead of stairs or a ramp down, I am using a tunnell. You can see the opening to the left. It comes up in front of the statue.

Livingroom-orange-ed_006.jpg

Very nice, one of my neighbors has a tunnel as well, I think if you add some light inside or at the entrance it will make it more visible and i don't know why but this word pops into my mind "alluring", it doesn't have to be a decorative lights, just some invisible prim.

• Like 1