The Non Linden Home Picture Thread - Mainland Only

Ingrid Ingersoll

I love the Mainland because I can always make a house straddle the ever-elusive boundary between land and water. I love that boundary, and I love having both land-and-water-nature (and sounds!)  The Heterocea Atoll makes for interesting landscape and landshape. This is a terrific continent.

We redid everything for the autumn.  This is the view from the bedroom:

661276523_Sylvina-viewfrombedroom.png.fa277ec869b4cf15d1757159d34f9b7b.png

and the views from outside:

1232845604_Sylvina-viewfromthesouth.png.42c64d800e78a8975e6a737fb915144a.png

1676182721_Sylvina-viewfromthefront.png.29efdc94d624c6d124e3894edab19587.png

We ripped apart a recently-released Compulsion pumpkin display to get the single pumpkins we could arrange as we pleased.

• Like 13

On 6/13/2019 at 6:33 PM, crypticzynergy said:

Here's my 5120sqm mainland parcel... There's a protected water (river) in front of it and not too many eyesores nearby. LOL  It has quite a few areas with different views/recreational activities, so feel free to explore! But please don't  be mean to my 2 doggos if they do come up to you and say hi. (One's a sheepdog, the other's a Yorkie - watch your step! lol) 

BTW, I do prefer darker scenes, but I know not everyone can see in the dark -- so you may have to turn on the LL sun if it's a prob for you... Otherwise, the beach area is definitely sunny once you've stood there for a sec & let the windlight settings catch up to you. ;)

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Chinati/254/115/25 

If you have any ideas/suggestions on what I can do to make it better, PM me! Thanks~

SoZIslandGetaway_001.png

Lol, I only just noticed we're neighbours (I own the Needful Prims store next to your parcel) :D 

You have a lovely place going on. I like the new house you've put up as well!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Clarrellae said:

I love the Mainland because I can always make a house straddle the ever-elusive boundary between land and water. I love that boundary, and I love having both land-and-water-nature (and sounds!)  The Heterocea Atoll makes for interesting landscape and landshape. This is a terrific continent.

Oooh, what house is that? It looks amazing. I love the Heterocea Atoll too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Oooh, what house is that? It looks amazing. I love the Heterocea Atoll too.

This house. And it IS amazing! 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/The-Eco-IV-Contemporary-Home-Unfurnished/1100288

But the fireplace shown in the bedroom pic is from here, and it makes a huge difference.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Fireplace-LUTON-REDGRAVE/6634311

Edited by Clarrellae
Added fireplace detail
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Peony Swee*****er said:

Starting to decorate my little gypsy wagon  - for a tiny home it has a surprising amount of space to fill :)

That is lovely Peony. I particularly like the little owl keeping you company there! Where is the wagon from? I am a fan of small spaces, I find it really hard to decorate large homes.

• Like 2

The owl is from Jian - it was the sale item they put up this last weekend, and he's really lovely. I haven't tried the companion pet version yet.

The wagon is something I'm working on at the moment - I made it as a reaction to wanting a Bellisarian trailer, but never being around when the new homes get released :) (plus, a gypsy wagon is something I've always wanted in RL).

• Like 2

On 9/30/2019 at 10:52 AM, Clarrellae said:

We redid everything for the autumn.  This is the view from the bedroom:

661276523_Sylvina-viewfrombedroom.png.fa277ec869b4cf15d1757159d34f9b7b.png

Love this.

I'm with you, the ground textures on the atoll continent are the best. I really like the coral in that shot and the a lot of the grass has a nice sort of dry look that looks good in pictures.

• Like 3

Had to black out some interior pieces that, because this is Zindra, were NSFW. But this is my current home.

SLHouse_001_1200.jpg

SLHouse_002_1200.jpg

This image actually shows every landowner on the sim. All 5 of us. One across the river (directly above the 'Yang' sign on my roof), one to each side of me, and one across the road. It's a double-prim river sim where we can build +/-40m, but only 2 people put in basements).

SLHouse_003.jpg

SLHouse_005.jpg

SLHouse_006.jpg

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 17

8 hours ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

So cozy. Guess I'm going to have to get a snow plot!

I’ve always thought that the snowy areas were the best in SL. But then, I was in my late teens when I first saw snow, and living in the sub tropics means SL is the only chance I get to enjoy it. Plus there’s some fun Linden-owned winter activities just down the road from my place.

• Like 2

I need to start collecting nice windlights like @Ingrid Ingersoll and @RuffertasAlt and some of you other folks!  I have good windlights but they do not pop those pale green mainland textures. Do you guys have any recommendations of where to find some, or could you paste the links where you find yours to share? I passed over some nice plots of land all because they belong to older regions with those pale, pale, pale green mainland textures. I too have a very good card but on Firestorm these look horrible. I haven't tried checking out the land with Black Dragon, most likely they will look great there but I use BD and Firestorm 50/50 so it would be great if views in Firestorm can look great too.

I just got the mainland bug, can't believe it took this long for me to understand what's so awesome about it! I quickly took over a bunch of parcels after some hard work finding what I wanted lol, I didn't want to derender too much.

Will post and share my favorite parcel at the moment as soon as I finish haggling with the owner for the land that's right next to me ...but meantime, here's a pic of a public parcel, a magical Dinkie sailing marina, snapped in Black Dragon.  Please come visit and explore, I have some neighbors who made great parcels near me too:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nerriga/251/224/21

horseandelfboats_065.png

Edited by Therese Tammas
  • Like 4

And also here is a little rented parcel that I grabbed as well for the sailing ...the landlord is great about making things look good and all of  the landscaping and outdoor decor came with the land. I will probably swap out the house and mod some stuff, but meantime it looks really great. Pics again in Black Dragon.

Come check it out as well as the neighborhood, it is a good area with some great builds and people who are sensitive to their neighbors it seems:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Faracity/210/215/25

horseandelfboats_058.png

horseandelfboats_057.png

Edited by Therese Tammas
  • Like 5

On 10/7/2019 at 3:24 PM, Pussycat Catnap said:

Had to black out some interior pieces that, because this is Zindra, were NSFW. But this is my current home.

SLHouse_001_1200.jpg

SLHouse_002_1200.jpg

This image actually shows every landowner on the sim. All 5 of us. One across the river (directly above the 'Yang' sign on my roof), one to each side of me, and one across the road. It's a double-prim river sim where we can build +/-40m, but only 2 people put in basements).

SLHouse_003.jpg

SLHouse_005.jpg

SLHouse_006.jpg

Wow just 5 owners? That's pretty neat. Did you get to meet them? And good job btw! Hopefully you get to enjoy some sailing too there...in my quests for land I discovered that some mainland sims may overlook the ocean but they do not necessarily have sailing (like private sims do, of course)

Edited by Therese Tammas