The Non Linden Home Picture Thread - Mainland Only

Ingrid Ingersoll

On 6/6/2020 at 9:55 AM, Maitimo said:

I moved out of Belli (again) and expanded my mainland, and now I have an old Tuscany farmhouse. After starting with it on the ground and using up 2/3 of my LI on just landscaping without even starting on the inside of the house, I tore it all up and put it in a skybox with a footprint smaller than the parcel, to avoid the temptation.

200606_002.thumb.jpg.2efaafe2859fdec4e192d9061d96dc2c.jpg

200606_001.thumb.jpg.8b6f1fa3a948fae242b768c777a8e476.jpg

I haven't finished furnishing it yet but I am spending most of my time in the courtyard, and I now have that as my set-home spot. Its so lovely.

Technical question though - in a skybox, how do I make sun/moon shadows work? Do I have to make the exterior walls of the skybox transparent?

YES!  I love that house!  One of my all-time favorites.  There's also a smaller version which also looks great, and if you play around with it can make a nice addition on the side.  No slurl as I dumped it to tier down.

• Like 2

On 6/8/2020 at 2:33 PM, seeno29 said:

I made an extension of my neighbor's landscape into my land, cuz I didn't want to use any walls or privacy screens since they also didn't use it.
and I love the result so far!

I love it when folks collaborate like this.

• Like 4

On 6/29/2020 at 7:48 AM, Raspberry Crystal said:

This is a 240m2 plot, which feels a natural size for a small one story house. I wanted roadside so I could drive so the car went in first and I worked the rest of the LI allowance around that.
I could squeeze some more out of this place with a bit more linking of decor, but it feels fine as it is.

skylight_001.jpg

skylight_008.jpg

ontheroad_003.jpg

That's simply amazing with such a low m2 and prim count.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/1/2020 at 11:50 PM, Pussycat Catnap said:

Recently changed the nature of the ground level build here, and put something on the map.

442a4825eb586d56b0ff0d395ccddce1.jpg

I couldn't decide if I like your Mainland home better, or your Linden Home better (I stumbled across it on one of my journeys).  Then I saw this, you put it on the world map, so In like that one better.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2020 at 9:39 PM, Chic Aeon said:

New subscriber gift at Elm -- manly and super pretty even if you don't have a "man" :D.   Clutter. Gotta love it. Now happily ensconces in my industrial loft.

shaving.thumb.jpg.d1ee9851d12b5451b197c8e08452a7aa.jpg

I also got a "female" gift, a makeup/skincare fridge and a stack of books.

I first saw these in (rl)skincare videos from hot and humid climates.

It looks very cool with the door open. In RL that would let the heat in, but in SL we do not have that problem, heh.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I also got a "female" gift, a makeup/skincare fridge and a stack of books.

I first saw these in (rl)skincare videos from hot and humid climates.

It looks very cool with the door open. In RL that would let the heat in, but in SL we do not have that problem, heh.

LOL. Actually I leave my bathroom door open all the time in RL.   Otherwise I end up with TONS of water fog on my mirror when I tub.  I only have one door closed in RL and that is between the bathroom and the office (two doors to the small bathroom oddly).  LOL.    I saw the gall gift but it just wasn't "me".  :D.      

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I only have one door closed in RL and that is between the bathroom and the office (two doors to the small bathroom oddly).

I'm not criticizing but if I were you, I'd probably consider closing my front door every now and then too. Maybe even the back door if you have one

Edited by ChinRey
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Elena Core said:

@seeno29, you've created a cozy and charming space, congratulations. After reading this thread, I feel like going back to Mainland to create something of my own

Thank you, it's way more fun in mainland with total freedom, I like it more than Bellessaria and private regions, ugh private regions I hate it, I will never get a house in there NEVER! 

I own around 32k sqm of land on mainland all around the map with different themes, there are some really beautiful locations in mainland, you just have to take your time while exploring and look around, I'm sure you're gonna love it, good luck!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

@Marianne Little Would you mind sharing where you got those cacti from? I love collecting plants.

These: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Bad-Katz-Mesh-Cacti-Set/9324509

mixed with: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Schadenfreude-Succulents-Pack/11846589

and Chic Aeon sold those small concrete planters on the side, and also the corner cement ones with Aloe in.

• Thanks 4

I was very vocal about how risky Mainland is, how easy it is for someone to move in next to me and set up annoying, obnoxious builds.

I stand firm in what I belive in... until I change my mind. I still fear the "Mainland polluters/monsters" but the need for something else lead to... two Mainland houses.

cacti2_007ed.jpg

• Like 16