The Linden Homes Photo Thread

Patch Linden

Well, yes, I think it must be April Fools.  People keep asking for apartments and urban themes, lol! There are 4 13-story apartment buildings in Millbank.  They are rather simply built, blocky architecture, which perhaps one could term "Stalinist".  I mention Stalin because of the WWII era Russian posters that adorn the parking garage.  Forward to Victory!

108060188_stalin3Forwardtovictory.JPG.9922ffdde20d1a53fcb5393f39674dec.JPG

There are other fun things there, including a very amusing note next to a yellow LDPW car in one of the parking lots!

So, @Abnor Mole, what's up?

question_001.thumb.jpg.810c36b4445deb771dc18f222398eb9f.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Atina0 said:

who wanted to have apartments in  Bellli   ?

this showed op this morning in my neighbourhood in Millers Pond   ,and yes the moles put it there 

Snapshot_014.png

That reminds me of 2008/2009 when Trilegy "free" land existed in Boris & Maklovar on Satori and each region had one or two tower blocks not too dissimilar to these, on each floor there were two flats separated by a hallway each with two separate rooms an entrance and a balcony and the only way to get in to your flat was to fly up on to the balcony. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Atina0 said:

who wanted to have apartments in  Bellli   ?

this showed op this morning in my neighbourhood in Millers Pond   ,and yes the moles put it there 

Snapshot_014.png

I am pretty sure I grew up in that building. Apartment 6A, corner LOL

No joke.

• Like 3

You know Waterbury? That suburb in Connecticut to which the future Stepford Wife fled for help, before she was turned into a robot.

There is a lovely grove of three huge redwoods there, and the Moles usually only put picnic tables where, like the Young Werther, you can put your head down on the table and sob, if you choose the animation "Bad Food".

However, at a certain time of day, you can come perform a Rite of Spring

Sometimes Roawenwood's altar appears, sometimes Hextraordinay's ancient altar, or my own Masonic altar. 

It is a place of respite for Meridian, who walked around the neighbourhood until a gang of kids who thought he was a robot pushed him off a dock.

Twins_167.jpg

Twins_166.jpg

Twins_165.jpg

Twins_164.jpg

Twins_163.jpg

Twins_162.jpg

Snapshot_230.jpg

Snapshot_229.jpg

Twins_161.jpg

Twins_160.jpg

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 7

18 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Well, yes, I think it must be April Fools.  People keep asking for apartments and urban themes, lol! There are 4 13-story apartment buildings in Millbank.  They are rather simply built, blocky architecture, which perhaps one could term "Stalinist".  I mention Stalin because of the WWII era Russian posters that adorn the parking garage.  Forward to Victory!

108060188_stalin3Forwardtovictory.JPG.9922ffdde20d1a53fcb5393f39674dec.JPG

There are other fun things there, including a very amusing note next to a yellow LDPW car in one of the parking lots!

So, @Abnor Mole, what's up?

question_001.thumb.jpg.810c36b4445deb771dc18f222398eb9f.jpg

That poster says "Glory to the Victory-Bearing Motherland!"

I wanted to stop in and check out the fun Apt Build.  Wasn't there a Volcano once at this Millbank location?    I love this idea of static lots of homes, but then a community space that changes.  This concept inspired  some of my own builds.  

I've added a photo of a note found on the ground that does bring up what's been mentioned in the past about challenges with Apartment life & prims.   One of the building's ground level parking lots contains a layout of booths.  We've seen this concept before in places like Luna and Brown, and could be a fun Addition to some Linden Neighborhoods. 

Clues 1.JPG

Clue 2.JPG

• Like 4

On 4/2/2021 at 1:32 AM, Prokofy Neva said:

There is a lovely grove of three huge redwoods there, and the Moles usually only put picnic tables where, like the Young Werther, you can put your head down on the table and sob, if you choose the animation "Bad Food".

Snapshot_229.jpg

[insert laughing emoji here] Oh my. Now that's a book I haven't thought of in... decades! 

• Like 2

I finally started my chalet decorating.  It is harder to go completely rustic than I thought.  No electric lights in the house or anything obvious just candles and lanterns, then I realized I had a clock on the wall and a refrigerator.  Oh well, it's kind of close.  After sending in an alt (a tiny fairy) to see if she had any potted plants in her inventory and then sending her over to buzz @Nando Yip while he tried to decorate while half asleep, I tried to focus on all the clutter and details that some of you are so good at.  So pardon my bad graphics card, but I like it so far.

Snapshot_003.thumb.png.1a24cb3a21bc7f5508f5accd292d3e49.png

Snapshot_001.thumb.png.e5d7d54d6bbad1efe196dbc8f4de39ea.png

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 15