The Linden Homes Photo Thread

Patch Linden

I love that lighthouse, the shark board is a nice touch :).

I made a video of mine, it is still very sparse but I am trying to keep my prim count as low as possible while hold on to as many $lindens as possible.  I also have a skybox I have been creating for the past few days, that needs a ton of work, new textures, and I need to build more furniture for it.  I'm at 110 prims total  so far, 26 of them being my two kittycats :)  The skybox is completely linked together at 62 prims, besides a security orb and teleport pad.  I love building my own furniture, houses, and so on, I'm not really good at it, but I find it to be really enjoyable.  The great thing about having a 32x32 parcel of land is that this really opens up new possibilities for me.  

Using a petite avatar, makes 32 x 32 seem more like 64 x 64, it is so cool!

• Like 20

Packed my alt off to Colchester (must have been named after the RL town) had a wander over to Hartnell saw this really nice pool to relax in/around the communal areas in the new continent are much nicer than the ones way back when i had a Linden home in one of the old developments. Makes me wish i was rich enough to go premium again

metodaydoing_006_001.thumb.png.a2cf231bab6a0d11caab8649e278e37f.png

• Like 15

Got my tool belt on. Building with mock up prims to export into Blender -- always fun and reminiscent of the olden days.  I REALLY had to smile as the four beach front houses on my sim (Heathstone) all chose the same house. Well THAT isn't so unsual really but everyone but moi (including a neighboring house in the next sim down) chose WHITE - LOL.  So funny.

So I have been making a new front porch  for watching the boats go by --- and so that my house looks a bit different. Enjoying the process. 

1776241624_workinprogress.thumb.jpg.7b4cb34c2e54d71dddc64549fe07f8b4.jpg

• Like 24

I have wanted something truly on the water for quite some time and these new homes are just perfect. I am using a houseboat, in the Ooos region (i dont know where this name come from but I think its too funny).  Anyway.. here is the current state of my little home on the water.

201812940_TopDeck.thumb.png.dd6e785a1c2264591765332f0c9b6334.png

735331615_AGlimpseInside.thumb.png.13fca801d4c68553c76c237e385e25de.png

• Like 33

1 hour ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Packed my alt off to Colchester (must have been named after the RL town) had a wander over to Hartnell saw this really nice pool to relax in/around the communal areas in the new continent are much nicer than the ones way back when i had a Linden home in one of the old developments. Makes me wish i was rich enough to go premium again

metodaydoing_006_001.thumb.png.a2cf231bab6a0d11caab8649e278e37f.png

I need a LM to that pool. I found the other one but that one is right there next to the beach! 

• Like 4

My first home had a nice seaview but I abandoned it (maybe a mistake?) because of the very bare sandgarden (and some loud neighbours with motorbikes). Now I have a green garden where even a pool fits in and also a nice view - but only with some sea in a distance.

46709092325_648fbf574d_c.jpg
Home01_Seaview by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

46709065945_4f32da8068_c.jpg
HomeS01_Pool by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

47571817502_0fd4ec1453_c.jpg
HomeS01_View by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

Maybe I'll find something better ... I keep searching ... me and my alts ;)

• Like 18

Couldnt get a houseboat so I got a traditional house. Looking good so far; might actually keep it.

LH_001.png.465ef02a38a9ad8827454f5990c194ba.png

LH_002.png.b47761c05b147d563b76f7b9f8b701db.png

LH_003.png.f7752aec27e6816cb4518c420e03a71d.png

Haven't done anything with the garden yet, that's going to take some planning...

And this is my 1,000th post, woo!

Edited by Matty Luminos
  • Like 25

Okay, I'm just about done :)  31 prims used for slight renovations, and furniture,  now most of my rooms are completed.  I'll hang some pictures later, I can probably put ten of them in my home with only using a few prims.  I'm happiest so far with my kitchen, I modified the windows so on the outside it looks like the shades are half closed, on the inside I added a few strips of white wood that are invisible on all other sides besides the one facing the kitchen.  

I'm not sure if I am going to do any landscaping though,  if I do that I'm going to try to do so with nicer looking items and those tend to eat up the prim count.  

bedroom.png

bathroom.png

kitchen.png

Droom.png

hall.png

Edited by WillowTenage
  • Like 15

42 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I have LI anxiety. Only 78 left, and no furniture in the bedroom, there is nothing in the greenhouse, and the bathroom.

What we need is a LI kiosk where we can put in money and get 50 or 100 more LI. Each rock cluster is 15Li each. 

Yes? 🙏

I would pay extra for that. However, I think that cuts into the public lands. They could probably accomplish it if the homes weren't 200li on their own. They're lovely, but higher LI than I'd have thought they'd be with being mesh. 

• Like 1

The houseboat have LI to spare, but I can't borrow from it.

I am testing walls in the houseboat. I also building in one of the doors. 2 doors out was a bit too much. The closed door is behind the kitchen. I am not totally satisfied, I like the look in these pictures, but it's verry narrow in the other and.

But, it is just a test. Sliding barn doors look good against blue walls.

garden_006.png

garden_007.png

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 16