The Linden Homes Photo Thread

Patch Linden

rejoined and got a Victorian. Decorated for Xmas. 

Feel free to visit. Backyard is for kids (avi's) with santa work shop.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sykesbury/192/216/35

All be it the buddhist meditations are just group events but will not start until after the holidays and be in a sky box with live streams.

anthony home liden xmas_001.png

Reindeer appear larger then normal in this lens. 

anthony home liden xmas 2_001.png

Edited by anthonytorino
text
  • Like 12

I'm not sure where to put this... Walking around Bellisseria, I've come up with this graffiti in a Victorian bridge, and it wasn't created by a Mole nor a Linden. Does anyone know anything about this? Could it be a resident just goofing around? Before reporting it, I wanted to check with others first. 

eghost.PNG

• Like 9

If a resident put it there, it has to be on a prim anchored to a nearby object on a parcel, and you should be able to edit it and see who it belongs to.

If it's baked into the texture of the bridge, then some mole put out a little e-ghost for halloween and hasn't taken him in yet!

I saw a different bit of graffiti on a bridge somewhere, but was driving and didn't bother to check ... I assumed a mole was playing :)

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

I'm not sure where to put this... Walking around Bellisseria, I've come up with this graffiti in a Victorian bridge, and it wasn't created by a Mole nor a Linden. Does anyone know anything about this? Could it be a resident just goofing around? Before reporting it, I wanted to check with others first. 

eghost.PNG

Since not Mole or Linden, then it must belong to a Resident - possibly put out for Halloween and then forgotten.  Also, if it belongs to a Resident then it must be anchored on their land, which means someone living close by.

I'd notify the owner, since possibly they forgot they put it out.  Then if it doesn't got away, report it.

• Thanks 2

• Moles
1 hour ago, Elena Core said:

eghost.PNG

Those are not ours. Please report objects like that if and when you find them please. 

• Thanks 7

I saw one like that as well, possibly the same one. I'll report it now that I know it's not legit. 

EDIT: I went back and reported the one I had seen, which was not the same as the ghost "art", and wanted to pass along how it was set up. The graffit was anchored to a root prim that was transparent, buried inside a brick wall on a nearby parcel. The owner of that parcel has (sadly) set the parcel to open rez with zero autoreturn, so it's ripe for griefing. I guess we're lucky that a piece of graffiti is the only thing dropped there (so far). 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

I finished (maybe) decorating the house for Christmas, and as I always like to think of something as a theme I was inspired a little by the constellations and the cyclical movement of nature, I hope that 2021 will be a year with more health and peace for everyone .nt_024g.thumb.jpg.ed5f08e2ccf0e1d003eef7b901f30af9.jpg

nt_024e.thumb.jpg.10646044a759693b18231b3e7e85bc37.jpg

nt_024c.thumb.jpg.92d812279465d8a815b43fdbaa3d3267.jpg

nt_024b.thumb.jpg.873ba196c113c41c6c551e7590e9b332.jpg

nt_024a.thumb.jpg.bd7e9c82411e17e5ff2c339c9d1bba97.jpg

nt_024.thumb.jpg.df2f8d2631be4d7f5a21c1b4687a4dcd.jpg

nt_024i.thumb.jpg.5587e8317e869589cca38172f818673d.jpg

nt_024k.thumb.jpg.2a4f611512e4c6aad032ffe99e350ff0.jpg

• Like 21

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Mercedes Avon said:

I have been getting my Christmas lights up!

decorated.png

So pretty....can't wait til I get a Stilt to decorate........but if they don't come out before Christmas.....maybe I should get something else in the meantime.......I don't have extra alts like a lot of people....can't make up my mind, but your pic makes me want to decorate.

• Like 3

In the bedroom of Havana I put some more pop references that I like:
Design, scenography, and art live together, so although there is a post a little long I will put here some stories about some of these objects:

1 - The Green Rabbit; I appropriated two stories, the first and original is the note of designer Robin (Sojourner) Wood. It came with the object when I picked it up for free, I don't even know how many years ago. I will reply here:
Stanford Bunny

The Stanford Bunny is one of the most famous 3D test models out there.
It comes from the Stanford Computer Graphics Laboratory, where it was developed by Greg Turk and Marc Levoy in 1994. It was made using about 60 scans of a bunny statue from a Cyberwar 3030 MS and spacetime analysis.
It’s available for free from http://graphics.stanford.edu/data/3Dscanrep/ and mirror sites all over the place. I've used it to test 3D software for years now, because it's a fairly dense model that puts the software through its paces.

I recently modified it slightly and brought it into SL to show what Normal maps do, and how they work. (You can enable ALM (Advanced Lighting Model) in your Preferences> Graphics if you want to see them in action.)
It seemed a natural to find an old ceramic statue in Grandmother’s Attic, so here it is. Free, as the Stanford Bunny should always be free. : D
Enjoy!
Robin (Sojourner) Wood

To see more things I've made for Second Life, please visit my main stores on Livingtree
Or see my shop on the Second Life Marketplace, at
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/1021
For the in-world tutorial about textures where I first used the bunny, please see the updated Texture Tutorial at
If you would like to see my Real Life work, please visit my website at
http://robinwood.com
If you want to keep up with what I’m doing, I have a blog at
http://robinwood.com/blog
and a flickr stream at
https://www.flickr.com/photos/robin_sojourner/
You can also follow me on Twitter at
@RobinWood

The other reference in this rabbit is the Brazilian artist / performer Eduardo Kac who created the transgenic work "GFP Bunny" comprises the creation of a green fluorescent rabbit the public dialogue generated by the project and the social integration of the rabbit. In the year 2000
His website has the whole story. for those who want to know more.

http://www.ekac.org/gfpbunny.html#gfpbunnyanchor

Soon if nobody protests or finds monotone, I will tell you other details about the decoration of this room.

DEZ-2020-ny_208.thumb.jpg.a3f7975feda4d5566255163c04e1bdc9.jpg

DEZ-2020-ny_1784.thumb.jpg.c8eb3cb0bbfc9dfc2f8f088d6e74d769.jpg

Edited by Nando Yip
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

On 12/22/2020 at 2:27 PM, RacyAcey said:

So pretty....can't wait til I get a Stilt to decorate........but if they don't come out before Christmas.....maybe I should get something else in the meantime.......I don't have extra alts like a lot of people....can't make up my mind, but your pic makes me want to decorate.

They are out, Racy; sometimes you need to hit the "more homes" button on the land page to see them.

• Like 3