What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

You only allow yourself one vice at a time?  How ascetic of you!

(But I agree, cake is the best vice of the three)

Give me women, wine and snuff,

Until I cry out, "Hold, enough!"

You may do so sans objection

Till the day of resurrection.

For, bless my beard, they aye shall be

My beloved Trinity.

- John Keats

(And people think he was so romantic!)

• Like 2

Yesterday my peeve was the Pose Fair. TODAY my peeve has moved on to Fantasy Faire.

Fantasy Faire also has you walk into places to shop, but as the stores are large and actual shops, not shoeboxes, I have no complaints.

The regions I have visited so far are gorgeous!

So what's my peeve(s)?

It is so huge! What, 18 regions? How the eff am I supposed to see them all and do anything else in SL?  I'm the world's slowest explorer AND photographer. How can I manage?

And the shopping. For the love of all that is holy, I get sucked into just about every store. "OoOoOoh. Fairy wings! Those are really pretty! I need fairy wings!" ("You're never a fairy in SL.") "Yeah, but I could be, then I'd need to have wings, and I like these wings..." ("Oh for Pete's sake!") "I don't know Pete, but he can get his own wings..."  Ka-ching!

"OoOoOoOh! Lookit! Mechanical whirly thingies!".... and so on.

I love Fantasy Faire. AND I can't take me anywhere. I need an adult. 

They really do close it down too quickly. Every year I pledge to see EVERYthing, and I never quite manage it.

• Haha 6

Unpacker huds containing no-copy items, which don't work because they are no-copy. All you get is the notecard and the ad. Then you have to rez the hud on the floor anyway, and open it the old-fashioned way, to get the actual goods you bought.  You'd think the creators would have had enough "Waah! I bought a box and it was empty!" complaints and fixed it.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Yesterday my peeve was the Pose Fair. TODAY my peeve has moved on to Fantasy Faire.

Fantasy Faire also has you walk into places to shop, but as the stores are large and actual shops, not shoeboxes, I have no complaints.

So what's my peeve(s)?

It is so huge! What, 18 regions? How the eff am I supposed to see them all and do anything else in SL?  I'm the world's slowest explorer AND photographer. How can I manage?

And the shopping. For the love of all that is holy, I get sucked into just about every store. "OoOoOoh. Fairy wings! Those are really pretty! I need fairy wings!" ("You're never a fairy in SL.") "Yeah, but I could be, then I'd need to have wings, and I like these wings..." ("Oh for Pete's sake!") "I don't know Pete, but he can get his own wings..."  Ka-ching!

They really do close it down too quickly. Every year I pledge to see EVERYthing, and I never quite manage it.

A few events *are* too big. After a few sims full of stuff it all starts to blur together for me, especially if the sims are also laggy.

It's a lot like the SL birthday sims, and there were some eight of them. That was too much for me to pay attention to, so I just ran through them picking up freebies and only saw a few actual vendors...

I'm convinced that bloat can result in fewer sales.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

So what's my peeve(s)?

Oh my gosh! I love the Fantasy Faire and have been attending every year since a friend told me about it ten years ago.

As for fairy wings, I honestly think they are a necessity for anyone's wardrobe in SL. This is coming from someone who only has 503 pairs in inventory though. Oh wow. I hadn't realized that until I looked in my wing folder. I mean I always find I need more especially from the Fantasy Faire. I'm always an elf or fairy so my wings do get much use so I don't really see it as an addiction really...😳

*Goes to find a support group for obvious wing addiction.*

Edited by LyricalBookworm
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

There is literally no reason I need a giant rideable ghost crab, yet here we are.

Crab.thumb.png.f8154427cccbbcdd5243ac968554acae.png

It dances!

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

There is literally no reason I need a giant rideable ghost crab, yet here we are.

It dances!

My next pet peeve is I cannot find this on marketplace.

Holy crab. ... I want one. :|

Edited by TDD123

29 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

When people use like boxes upon boxes to deliver their product. So you are sitting there for a minute or 2 unwrapping what feels like a boxception. Lol

Oh so much this!!! Every colour, every part of an outfit in a different box... 

BOX RAGE!

Edited by Emma Krokus
  • Like 2

Annoying one, but I do understand that it's the right of the sim/group owner to do so. When they raise the price of group join fee, not even 4 days later. So you have the money to join the group, and you are excited that you have it. You go to join the group, which you thought was the previous price and they raised it by x amount of Lindens.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.