What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1406 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've not chimed in yet on your whole picture whining stuff, yet decided to go take a look.  Below are the Likes on the pictures that you posted in the other thread over the last 10 or so days.  I see plenty of Likes on most of them and could not find a single one that didn't have any Likes - though it is possible I missed some and I only went back to the 15th.  Are you truly just pissy because some of the more popular folks are getting more likes?  Given the number of people that I think you have pissed off, I'd say your numbers are pretty darn good.  When I was posting in that thread regularly, I counted it a good enough picture if I got only a couple of Likes.  I didn't compare my Likes to the number of Likes on other pictures.  I don't need my self-confidence boosted that much.  

Are you so desperate for approval from others that the Likes actually matter that much?  Honestly, if you are wanting TRUE feedback on the QUALITY of your pictures, that thread is not the place to be posting them.  That thread is about community and encouragement and camaraderie as much as anything else.  In reviewing the thread, it doesn't look like you are very generous with handing out the Likes yourself, so I'm not so sure why you think that everyone should be piling them on you.

image.thumb.png.ed424099b6402028eb16044054f51ca2.png

There are people with 15-20 or more. I’ve seen some with 30 or more. 

What’s wrong with wanting likes? But, whatever. It’s all good. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've not chimed in yet on your whole picture whining stuff, yet decided to go take a look.  Below are the Likes on the pictures that you posted in the other thread over the last 10 or so days.  I see plenty of Likes on most of them and could not find a single one that didn't have any Likes - though it is possible I missed some and I only went back to the 15th.  Are you truly just pissy because some of the more popular folks are getting more likes?  Given the number of people that I think you have pissed off, I'd say your numbers are pretty darn good.  When I was posting in that thread regularly, I counted it a good enough picture if I got only a couple of Likes.  I didn't compare my Likes to the number of Likes on other pictures.  I don't need my self-confidence boosted that much.  

Are you so desperate for approval from others that the Likes actually matter that much?  Honestly, if you are wanting TRUE feedback on the QUALITY of your pictures, that thread is not the place to be posting them.  That thread is about community and encouragement and camaraderie as much as anything else.  In reviewing the thread, it doesn't look like you are very generous with handing out the Likes yourself, so I'm not so sure why you think that everyone should be piling them on you.

image.thumb.png.ed424099b6402028eb16044054f51ca2.png

Wow, Lil, you gave up some valuable time to do this. But, yep, she isn't doing bad, all things considered. Maybe she will be able to see that now. 

I guess though, that some people can go through a day getting compliments, but it will be the one negative remark that they hold on to and focus on.

That's why psychiatrists get paid a higher hourly rate than podiatrists! They surely earn their money.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

AND, like I said:  That thread is as much about community and encouragement and camaraderie as much as anything else - so yes, in a way, popularity does play into the mix a bit.  Maybe if you start trying to be part of the community - say something nice about a picture now and then, hand out some Likes on other pictures, etc... - rather than only complaining that you didn't get as much attention as you think you deserve, then maybe you'll get more Likes.

If you truly want feedback based totally on the quality of your pictures, THAT IS NOT THE THREAD FOR THAT.  So expecting the thread to change over to what you want it to be is just not going to happen.

image.png.0cc15dbbc34d60e5d30c0b5ad0ee2695.png

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

AND, like I said:  That thread is as much about community and encouragement and camaraderie as much as anything else - so yes, in a way, popularity does play into the mix a bit.  Maybe if you start trying to be part of the community - say something nice about a picture now and then, hand out some Likes on other pictures, etc... - rather than only complaining that you didn't get as much attention as you think you deserve, then maybe you'll get more Likes.

If you truly want feedback based totally on the quality of your pictures, THAT IS NOT THE THREAD FOR THAT.  So expecting the thread to change over to what you want it to be is just not going to happen.

image.png.0cc15dbbc34d60e5d30c0b5ad0ee2695.png

Alright then. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

What’s wrong with wanting likes? But, whatever. It’s all good. 

Nothing wrong with wanting likes. But I think competing or comparing with others on the number of likes might not be a good idea for two reasons that I can think of. One, like LittleMe said, these posts have a lot to do with community so the likes are not really a measure of how great the pictures are. So comparing your numbers to others is pointless if you're looking for appreciation for your art. Two, if you're too caught up with comparisons, you might end up feeling down over other people getting 20 likes and forget to even notice that you're actually getting so many likes yourself. We often forget to appreciate good things happening in our own lives when we're too caught up on looking at other people and comparing ourselves to others.

There's no way to know exactly what drives the number of likes on posts, but my guess is that it's largely to do with friendships that have formed here - friends are always happy to see posts made by each other and so they'll "like". So just keep posting, be patient and be positive, and just have fun with it ❤️

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AdminGirl said:

Nothing wrong with wanting likes. But I think competing or comparing with others on the number of likes might not be a good idea for two reasons that I can think of. One, like LittleMe said, these posts have a lot to do with community so the likes are not really a measure of how great the pictures are. So comparing your numbers to others is pointless if you're looking for appreciation for your art. Two, if you're too caught up with comparisons, you might end up feeling down over other people getting 20 likes and forget to even notice that you're actually getting so many likes yourself. We often forget to appreciate good things happening in our own lives when we're too caught up on looking at other people and comparing ourselves to others.

There's no way to know exactly what drives the number of likes on posts, but my guess is that it's largely to do with friendships that have formed here - friends are always happy to see posts made by each other and so they'll "like". So just keep posting, be patient and be positive, and just have fun with it ❤️

Yeah, probably. Plus they called my avatar ugly so...they’re just being super rude to me and always have been but it’s fine.

Edited by Ashlyn Voir
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

Yeah, probably. Plus they called my avatar ugly so...

Your av is gorgeous. I rarely browse the threads where all the pics are but I just looked at yours. For what its worth, I'm impressed at what you've produced with your pics when you're using a lower end laptop. So much admiration for that :)

• Like 1

Just now, AdminGirl said:

Your av is gorgeous. I rarely browse the threads where all the pics are but I just looked at yours. For what its worth, I'm impressed at what you've produced with your pics when you're using a lower end laptop. So much admiration for that :)

Well thank you, you seem to be only one of a few who are actually kind here. 

• Like 2

I saw the photo thread for the first time yesterday. It really is a beautiful thread and I think it brave when people share their photos like that. I'm going to have to go back and really look when I have more time.

My pet peeve is when I am decorating and I've no available land impact left only to find it is because I'm really quite awesome and somehow managed to pull an old bed from inventory into a tree out in my yard that is more than a hundred prims.

🙄

Edited by LyricalBookworm
I got a bit space bar happy.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

5 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

But, you’re not? You actively make passive aggressive comments and start drama. You’re no better than me. And, that’s saying something. 😂

She's right, just saying. I don't have a bone in this but I've seen it in the past. People harass Ashlyn and think that's ok, but she's not allowed to defend herself.

That's my pet peeve for the day. People who can dish out but can't take. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, halebore Aeon said:

You forgot pants with massive bulges, or underwear with bulges for those men. xD

Oh lordy, you're right. How did I forget those abominations?

Edit:

and my newest pet peeve of the day, my inability to find cute gothic or  ouji styled clothing for my body (V tech/maitreya) that isn't  overly skimpy. (I do like some skimpy but sometimes i just wanna be a cute prince  ok..)

Edited by AylinVali

20 minutes ago, ClariceRose said:

She's right, just saying. I don't have a bone in this but I've seen it in the past. People harass Ashlyn and think that's ok, but she's not allowed to defend herself.

That's my pet peeve for the day. People who can dish out but can't take. 

Thank you, and those people who are laughing at your posts are the ones who actively start drama all the time. And, mainly because they’re surprised someone actually sees my perspective. I’m not in the right and I can admit to that. I could have reacted differently, but they’re no better than me either. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

Oh FFS.

Can my pet peeve be people who defend people who send death threats to other people?

Yeah I sent them to you on your blog because you ticked me off. And it wasn’t right and I’m sorry for doing that to you. I’m not in the right and neither are you.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ClariceRose said:

She's right, just saying.

My hot take is she was right about several things. There is a degree of circling the wagons that go on here and a sprinkle of ‘it’s not what was said but who said it’ and a healthy dose of she ain’t the only one. What that turns into is a whole lot of messiness.

That being said, you can serve up the finest wagyu beef, but if you serve it up on a garbage can lid drizzled in garbage juice, no one is going to want it.

In other words, it’s not always about just being right. How you present yourself plays a part too. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

That being said, you can serve up the finest wagyu beef, but if you serve it up on a garbage can lid drizzled in garbage juice, no one is going to want it.

Or it's already rotten to the core and with maggots crawling out. You might have preserved it by putting it in the freezer right in time. But you didn't. So deal with it. ☺️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1406 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.