What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Would love to see a video of it moving.

This is the best I can do quickly. The hair has the same disadvantages of all prim wearables.  It does cut through my body awkwardly at times, and it is clearly made of separate panels that can catch highlights and shadows in unnatural ways.  Those "features" call for some suspension of disbelief.  The big plus, however, is that it flows nicely as I make all sorts of mermaidy moves, floating as I would expect hair to do as I swim around. In my mind that's far superior to having a static gumball hairdo.  

926deb874f2af872e80113b2fee7f620.gif

I have taken the unusual step (for me) of wearing itchy seashells for this demo.  There's nothing natural about that.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

This is the best I can do quickly. The hair has the same disadvantages of all prim wearables.  It does cut through my body awkwardly at times, and it is clearly made of separate panels that can catch highlights and shadows in unnatural ways.  Those "features" call for some suspension of disbelief.  The big plus, however, is that it flows nicely as I make all sorts of mermaidy moves, floating as I would expect hair to do as I swim around. In my mind that's far superior to having a static gumball hairdo.  

926deb874f2af872e80113b2fee7f620.gif

I have taken the unusual step (for me) of wearing itchy seashells for this demo.  There's nothing natural about that.

I know there are some creators who've started making animesh hair. The one that I've seen is a collaboration between... someone. Stealthic, maybe, and Vista Animations. It's a long braid that swings to and fro. I've not demoed it so I don't know how well it actually looks, and I don't know if there are others that are loose instead of a braid to be more flowy like yours. 

I'd think an animesh hair that mimics being underwater would be a very popular sell. I'm not a mermaid but I do spend a lot of time in the water and that would be very cool. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Beautiful. Would love to see a video of it moving. I guess this is a peeve of mine (but I stated it elsewhere too in the right discussion so I'm in the clear): the assumption that flexi is always and without exception crap, ugly and inferior to mesh, with no place in 2020. If that makes me some kind of stubborn throwback, so bloody be it. I'll swish my flexi on my way out and love it. 

I agree, sometimes some of the flexi is still gorgeous and superior to the cement block mesh hair. I have a few shorter styles, shoulder length, that are probably 9-10 years old and I still wear them and still get compliments on them. Also, yes, the combo of mesh and flexi can be wonderful, and like others, I wish more people would utilize that.

• Like 2

I got this out of the blue from a female avi not on the sim I was on......

"Why don't you stop dressing like a middle aged Barbie?"

What! 

Isn't that the whole point of SL?

What sort of moron would send an opener like that? I didn't feed the Troll.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

The middle aged bit was more offensive.

Middle aged avi??? FFS.

She's just jelly. 

I got an IM out of the once from some chick that said, "Did you mean to make your mouth look like the Joker?"

I stewed on it for a while and then remembered how many men love my mouth, and forgot about her and her jealous little butt. 😝

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BelindaN said:

I got this out of the blue from a female avi not on the sim I was on......

What! 

Isn't that the whole point of SL?

What sort of moron would send an opener like that? I didn't feed the Troll.

School's out. The young people are trying to get rid of us again!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

She's just jelly. 

I got an IM out of the once from some chick that said, "Did you mean to make your mouth look like the Joker?"

I stewed on it for a while and then remembered how many men love my mouth, and forgot about her and her jealous little butt. 😝

Yeah, jelly is as jelly does. But why not face me up on a sim when she saw me. Instead of sniping from afar. Her profile says her avi is rubbish.

I could have helped her if she'd been "normal".....but hey! It's been a long time since I got one like that.

Maybe she saw it's my rezz day and I'm two. Hardly middle aged.

These people........ "growls"

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BelindaN said:

"Why don't you stop dressing like a flood victim Ken?"

Obviously you were right not to feed the troll, it's just what popped into my head when I read that.

Good God. Imagine being in a world where you could be a model, a mermaid or a manticore, and instead choosing to spend your time hurling playground insults at a distance. Bet that person's a right laugh at parties.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, BelindaN said:

The middle aged bit was more offensive.

Middle aged avi??? FFS.

That would get me, too. :)

Call me frumpy, call me ugly, but an effing middle-aged avatar? Hmph. The nerve.

I wouldn't have said anything either, btw. Not because I'm too nice. I just imagine being so shocked that something like that would come out of the blue from a stranger that I'd just be sitting, staring at the monitor with my mouth hanging open. I'm really happy I don't understand those kinds of people.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

I was tempted to start a "Middle Aged Barbie" Group......……………..

For more mature ladies who should know better but don't give a rats ass what other people think.

When/if I become both mature and a lady, I'd consider such a group. I've already got "don't give a rat's ass" covered.

:)

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

People who misuse the word "troll" to mean "someone who posts things I don't like because they don't agree with me."  Stop throwing around the word troll so much that it becomes so watered down as to become meaningless.

Corollary to Peeve listed above:

People coming in cold to a lengthy thread, who throw sand in the face or faces of posters, who then whine and howl that people aren't warm and welcoming to them. They complain that this Forum is elitist, and full of trolls and mean girls, who just live to keep the person from posting! Of course they are allowed to post, and the proof is all over the Forum with the posts they are posting — all the while they continue to throw sand.

:::sniffle:::

Oy. And yes, both of these peeves were sparked by threads elsewhere, where interestingly enough both peevers are noobs to SL Forum posting. It is pretty much any Forum 101 to first observe the flora and fauna of a social platform before posting, to figure out what kinds of posts are made, typical responses, etc. Oh, also, to read the Community Guidelines, so you don't look like a fool when you claim "staying on topic" is someone's silly personal rule that they just made up to be more mean to the noob poster.

That's probably just my ego talking. I should do some yoga for a cure. (Referencing part of the peeve.)

• Like 4

Here's a middle grade peeve:

People who are banned from somewhere yet act like they done so wrongfully, without a reason or don't remember why.

I'm sorry, but if I'm banned from somewhere, then its very likely that I'm atleast gonna have an idea as to why. You acting dumb on it, all like "Oh no, I have no idea as to why I was banned, oh someone must have a vendetta against me! Le Gasp!". I'm not saying there aren't places that have people who abuse their power, but odds are if you got banned from somewhere, whether it be a group, sim or both, then odds are you gave them a reason to, grow up and own up to it!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.