What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

47 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Pet peeve: Not remembering where I left my avatar or what state of dress (or undress) she's in which hampers my logging in from a landmark given in a blog post, unless I want to live dangerously.

I'm reminded of a time when I logged off after sitting in a sauna without getting dressed and logging in the next day after seeing some sale ad while forgetting I was still in my birthday suit.  I have never teleported back home so fast in my SL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

23 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Isn't an oubliette named after the French word for "forget"? If you can forget that you're using a bidet, it's not working!

Yes, also more in the sense of neglect. it’s also the name of a tiny, closet size cell.

When stores have French names some of them make me chuckle. Great store though.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gregorian Chant said:

I'm reminded of a time when I logged off after sitting in a sauna without getting dressed and logging in the next day after seeing some sale ad while forgetting I was still in my birthday suit.  I have never teleported back home so fast in my SL.

I have so many favorite dreams which go that way!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AylinVali said:

and my newest pet peeve of the day, my inability to find cute gothic or  ouji styled clothing for my body (V tech/maitreya) that isn't  overly skimpy. (I do like some skimpy but sometimes i just wanna be a cute prince  ok..)

Don't know if this will work either, it is men's clothing but I sometimes wear men's stuff. Skell Dagger posted a picture in the "How Does Your Avatar Look Today" thread with a link to the Flickr with credits. This frilly shirt would make a nice prince. https://www.flickr.com/photos/skelldagger/49811216251/in/dateposted-friend/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

Pet peeve: Not remembering where I left my avatar or what state of dress (or undress) she's in which hampers my logging in from a landmark given in a blog post, unless I want to live dangerously.

I may or may not (most certainly do) forget at times when I'm on a pose stand in my birthday suit going through inventory and teleport to places when I see a cute item advertised. 

In rl when I realize what I've done there is usually a mortified squeak (or so I'm told from my hubby since I cannot hear my own voice cause deaf and all that) while I try to get home asap. What is really fun and adds to the moment is when tp isn't working so I'm awkwardly stuck there waiting. 😳

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

Don't know if this will work either, it is men's clothing but I sometimes wear men's stuff. Skell Dagger posted a picture in the "How Does Your Avatar Look Today" thread with a link to the Flickr with credits. This frilly shirt would make a nice prince. https://www.flickr.com/photos/skelldagger/49811216251/in/dateposted-friend/

That shirt does come with a rig for V-Tech and several female rigs as well, so it would be perfect :)

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Peeved by stores whose contests are always on Flickr, Instagram and Facebook.

Hey, I am in your group too! /me waves

Can't we have contests that are in Second Life somehow for people like me who don't want a social media presence everywhere?

Please.

• Like 12

58 minutes ago, Maryanne Solo said:

To get BOTH is the only solution. 
I much prefer SLink, but its down to personal preferences.

PHYSIQUE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😍

I'm with Maryanne on this one. I also have both -- because Maitreya is so much better supported.

But I much prefer using Physique, for all sorts of reasons, but especially because I just find the shape a bit more realistic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Emma Krokus said:

Can't we have contests that are in Second Life somehow for people like me who don't want a social media presence everywhere?

Please.

One of my groups recently announced a contest, and for whatever reason, they've decided to "enter" everyone (*gasp*)  in the group, rather than just those who share/like on social media.

I was a little flabbergasted; I don't use social media (and if I did, I would certainly not use it that way), so I never get into any of these giveaways.

• Like 6

Apparently I am peevish today... I just went inworld to scope out the Pose Fair.

The peeves so far:

• I personally do not like big fairs where all of the displays are in little shops, where you have to go in to an actual room with a door. It looks nice and all, but practically, for me, it is a pain in the butt. I don't think they cam well. I tend to like to wander, so to do that I have to go in each shop, cam around a small space, repeat. 
  • If you are going to have everything in shops, then set the shops to phantom. The maneuvering can be a bit much on a busy event.
  • One, fussy, crying, coughing baby heard throughout the sim. Yes, yes, I can turn off my sound but then I can't hear other sounds that maybe I want to hear. Leave the fussy babies at home, along with the big dogs.
  • People who apparently have their viewers set to only see friends. So they crash through everyone else. Just... why?
  • Big tough Doms who have to drag (literally) their subs on leashes through the buildings. Quit forcing your lifestyle on others. It is poor form. And, yeah, I do BDSM. This was an M rated sim.
  • Either my computer was rezzing people really slowly (and I don't think that was the problem) or there were a lot of naked people. Why?

So about 1/3 of the way through I gave up, logged out and came here to kvetch.

With the poser in BD, I think my interest in poses has gone down anyway, plus I have a ton of them. I would like a few couples poses just in case that ever works out after this stupid virus stuff.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'm with Maryanne on this one. I also have both -- because Maitreya is so much better supported.

But I much prefer using Physique, for all sorts of reasons, but especially because I just find the shape a bit more realistic.

The thought of switching between two, let alone more, bodies just makes me woozy. Nope nope nope. :) I have enough problems as it is finding the bits and pieces I have for the one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

The thought of switching between two, let alone more, bodies just makes me woozy. Nope nope nope. :) I have enough problems as it is finding the bits and pieces I have for the one.

Well, I'm making of a virtue of necessity, perhaps. I vastly prefer my Physique, but it's just not easy getting clothes for it anymore.

So the Slink is my default, but where something isn't rigged for that, I use the Lara as my fallback.

It's less complicated now, with BOM, than it used to be, because you're not futzing around with different appliers: everything uses the same system layers.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, I'm making of a virtue of necessity, perhaps. I vastly prefer my Physique, but it's just not easy getting clothes for it anymore.

So the Slink is my default, but where something isn't rigged for that, I use the Lara as my fallback.

It's less complicated now, with BOM, than it used to be, because you're not futzing around with different appliers: everything uses the same system layers.

/me has horrified look on face

and hahahahaha BOM. I figure I'll get around to that by 2030.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looking at my useless Catwa Head items in inventory after it exploded on me with an ARC of 370K by itself .. so dtopped the head and starting all over with a new head, new animations, skins  .. ungh .. :|

I'm going to bed. Goodnight.

Edited by TDD123
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

im also still seeing posts from people I blocked. Why?

The system is partially broken.  If someone that you haven't blocked quotes a person you blocked, you will see the quoted post.  You should not see the original post though.  If you do, I'd open a Support ticket.

• Like 1

The system for ignoring is only "partially" broken when compared to other forum software/other forums.

Either Linden lab deliberately disabled some functionality of the Ignore feature or this is how it works 'out of the box'.

Either way, it does what it needs to do: Prevents a user from seeing direct posts by another user (and PMs, reactions and mentions). Blocking out quotes is ... a bit much as it messes with thread flow (makes a response look like it was some random post).

One of the other forums I frequent has a system that goes that 'extra mile' .... and it rather defeats the purpose of Ignore in a way that the system here simply does not, since you'd have to show the Ignored bits for a direct, quote response to make any sense.

25 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The system is partially broken.  If someone that you haven't blocked quotes a person you blocked, you will see the quoted post.  You should not see the original post though.  If you do, I'd open a Support ticket.

I learned a long time ago that I prefer my own, low tech method of blocking... the scroll wheel on my mouse.  See a post by an as*hole? Scroll & ignore. Since the automated one is a bit wonky, I don't feel it is worth the effort. But that's just me. Also, the old Forums taught me a long time ago that sometimes, despite the bitter taste it leaves, it is better to know what is being said than not. That takes a little more adulting, to see sh*t and still scroll past.

ETA: The scroll wheel also works remarkably well for bypassing some of the tangential derails that threads often take. Don't want to read a discussion about how to take photos in a photo thread? See: scroll wheel. Concept. Avoids all of that nasty tsk-tsking of "stay on topic" annoyance.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Maryanne Solo said:

To get BOTH is the only solution. 
I much prefer SLink, but its down to personal preferences.

PHYSIQUE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😍

Agree :) when I became mesh 3 years ago I bought hourglass first,and then physique  , and later bought maitreya because I was like:ok,maybe I will wear it someday. And now all bom and I think about go back to slink:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Emma Krokus said:

Please.

These contests are not charity... despite the endless amounts of ass-licking they tend to generate.

The creators are paying for advertising with a couple of printed copies of their product. The way you "enter" these contests is through social media activity, which spreads awareness of the new product enough to increase sales by far more than the tiny opportunity cost of the giveaways.

It's a smart thing to do, and I don't hold anything against them for it - but it is not generous, nor is it worth praising creators for. It's a simple transaction. And if you can get your head around that, it becomes much easier to ignore these when they appear.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.