What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I can admit when I was wrong. I can admit to letting my anger get the best of me. No, I wasn’t right for being foul to people and I apologize for it. It was a horrible thing to do and I should have been mature about it. And, to Seicher and Beth and whoever else I bad mouthed, I truly apologize. I saw red and was simply out to hurt. I didn’t care and it was childish of me. But, I refuse to make it seem like I’m the only one in the wrong. 

In the end, all I want is just to share my photos and hope others will enjoy it with me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, ClariceRose said:

She's right, just saying. I don't have a bone in this but I've seen it in the past. People harass Ashlyn and think that's ok, but she's not allowed to defend herself.

That's my pet peeve for the day. People who can dish out but can't take. 

I didn't have a bone in it either, as I'd never exchanged a word with her before today. A short while ago, I suggested that if other people were getting more likes than she was on an avatar vanity thread, it might be because their avatars were better. She "defended herself" by swearing at me. She's edited it now, but there's been no apology. She's also now making excuses for sending death threats to someone.

I don't know, what has anyone been "dishing out" to warrant this kind of "self defence"?

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I didn't have a bone in it either, as I'd never exchanged a word with her before today. A short while ago, I suggested that if other people were getting more likes than she was on an avatar vanity thread, it might be because their avatars were better. She "defended herself" by swearing at me. She's edited it now, but there's been no apology. She's also now making excuses for sending death threats to someone.

I don't know, what has anyone been "dishing out" to warrant this kind of "self defence"?

Nothing - not for the response level anyway.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I did apologize, but in case you didn’t see it I’m sorry for swearing at you. It’s taking a lot of balls for me to say that considering you basically called my avatar ugly. But, it’s all good. Like I said, I’m sorry. If you or anyone else chooses not to accept it then that’s fine. I can make ten million apologies and it won’t mean absolutely nothing if those people choose not to accept it. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

I did apologize, but in case you didn’t see it I’m sorry for swearing at you. It’s taking a lot of balls for me to say that considering you basically called my avatar ugly. But, it’s all good. Like I said, I’m sorry. If you or anyone else chooses not to accept it then that’s fine. I can make ten million apologies and it won’t mean absolutely nothing if those people choose not to accept it. 

I'd rather have no apology at all than a mealy-mouthed fauxpology designed to attempt to spread the blame for your own actions (you sent death threats???). You know, by claiming you're "not the only one in the wrong" or that I called your avatar ugly when I did no such thing, or that others are at fault if they don't accept said fauxpologies. 

If you really are sorry then please leave us all alone and go and work on yourself with someone who's qualified to help you. 

Edited by Amina Sopwith
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

This won't be my most popular posting😁

My advice is just use the mute features/tools on the forum, only read things when logged in..I've had to mute several who think they run the forums or claim to be linden pets..most people here are not looking to argue and can be very helpful but a handful want to argue with you so you get in trouble...BTW I like your work & pictures🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sassy Kenin said:

This won't be my most popular posting😁

My advice is just use the mute features/tools on the forum, only read things when logged in..I've had to mute several who think they run the forums or claim to be linden pets..most people here are not looking to argue and can be very helpful but a handful want to argue with you so you get in trouble...BTW I like your work & pictures🙂

I think I realize that now unfortunately. My apologies are called phony but I really meant it. Anyway, thank you for being kind and I truly appreciate it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I'd rather have no apology at all than a mealy-mouthed fauxpology designed to attempt to spread the blame for your own actions (you sent death threats???). You know, by claiming you're "not the only one in the wrong" or that I called your avatar ugly when I did no such thing, or that others are at fault if they don't accept said fauxpologies. 

If you really are sorry then please leave us all alone and go and work on yourself with someone who's qualified to help you. 

If you don’t believe it then that’s on you. I’m not going to keep apologizing if you don’t want it or care about it. I owned up to my actions and that’s that. Hope you have a wonderful rest of your day.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

If you don’t believe it then that’s on you. I’m not going to keep apologizing if you don’t want it or care about it. I owned up to my actions and that’s that. Hope you have a wonderful rest of your day.

Nothing is "on me". I am not responsible for the appalling way you have treated people, and I owe you nothing for it. 

Now if you're really sorry, please leave me alone. And speak to a professional in RL. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Nothing is "on me". I am not responsible for the appalling way you have treated people, and I owe you nothing for it. 

Now if you're really sorry, please leave me alone. And speak to a professional in RL. 

Please take care of yourself and enjoy the rest of your day 💜

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AylinVali said:

Oh lordy, you're right. How did I forget those abominations?

Edit:

and my newest pet peeve of the day, my inability to find cute gothic or  ouji styled clothing for my body (V tech/maitreya) that isn't  overly skimpy. (I do like some skimpy but sometimes i just wanna be a cute prince  ok..)

Heck, it's hard to find some stuff I like that is not overly skimpy or makes me feel like I am way too revealing. Being that I am very modest in how I dress, I tend to float to certain companies in SL. But it does get hard to be adventurous and leave those brands and try to not look like a skimpy bombshell. Lol

• Like 2

Any time I get accused of being lumped into a Forum Elite, posse, gang... I don't know if it is a pet peeve or amusing. :/ My Forum memory goes back a long ways, and yeah... no. Not even close.

Pet peeve: People who tell me I have no idea what it is like to have a troll. Again, many folks with long memories will understand why that bugs me.

Pet peeve: Still having to deal with snow in RL.

Pet peeve: Getting 202 (? I think that's the number) notices when trying to post images (often gifs) to the Forum that are way under the limit of 4.88MB.

Pet peeve: Not remembering where I left my avatar or what state of dress (or undress) she's in which hampers my logging in from a landmark given in a blog post, unless I want to live dangerously.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Heck, it's hard to find some stuff I like that is not overly skimpy or makes me feel like I am way too revealing. Being that I am very modest in how I dress, I tend to float to certain companies in SL. But it does get hard to be adventurous and leave those brands and try to not look like a skimpy bombshell. Lol

Now that we have BOM, you can always make a system under-shirt for your self with a modest neck line to wear under things that would be nice if they weren't so skimpy.

2 hours ago, AylinVali said:

and my newest pet peeve of the day, my inability to find cute gothic or  ouji styled clothing for my body (V tech/maitreya) that isn't  overly skimpy. (I do like some skimpy but sometimes i just wanna be a cute prince  ok..)

Don't know if this does it but have you tried Oubliette?

3 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Pet peeve: Not remembering where I left my avatar or what state of dress (or undress) she's in which hampers my logging in from a landmark given in a blog post, unless I want to live dangerously.

been there, done that, peeved at self over it.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Living dangerously is what SL is for.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

What the?

Man, that's a damn good way to get yourself (general) locked up for a long, long time.

I don't think that being peeved is a crime.  Death threats on the other hand, can be prosecuted

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.