What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I'm starting to get a bit peeved by people taking their contributions to/irritations about other threads/people into this discussion rather than in the relevant ones.

Guilty as charged.  But that was more than 2 pages ago, so does that mean I get to flounce?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, AyelaNewLife said:

Flexi hair and skirts are not better than the mesh equivalents.

They look far better for dancing - at least if they were made well.  

4 hours ago, Rhun DeCuir said:

Additional pet peeve:  People who take a request to be considerate of others as an attack on their freedom.

Your exact words were " Your AV is capable of walking, so DO IT!".   That is not a request to be considerate.  That is telling people HOW they should navigate within SL.   

If you simply want to request folks to be considerate, you might want to work on your wording.

2 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Ok, but you have to do a hair toss otherwise it doesn't count.

A hair toss is only effective if it is Flexi hair.   :D

1 hour ago, Gregorian Chant said:

People who are making Bellisseria less and less of a community with their < 10 second orbs.

Definitely AR them.  LL has been pretty good about handling security orb issues.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Your exact words were " Your AV is capable of walking, so DO IT!".   That is not a request to be considerate.  That is telling people HOW they should navigate within SL.   

If you simply want to request folks to be considerate, you might want to work on your wording.

I see that you have reading comprehension issues.  I was referring to my friend who refuses to move from the landing point.  I wasn't giving YOU, personally, an order.  Get over yourself.  It's not all about YOU.  You have issues, lady.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Rhun DeCuir said:

I see that you have reading comprehension issues.  I was referring to my friend who refuses to move from the landing point.  I wasn't giving YOU, personally, an order.  Get over yourself.  It's not all about YOU.  You have issues, lady.

You quoted someone else that was talking about people in general.  It would not be in the least odd for ANYONE to take the 'YOUR' statement to also be a general comment.  Thus I'd say that it is your inability to be 100% clear in your statements that caused my comprehension issues.

Right back at you -- GET OVER YOURSELF.

However, I won't tell you that 'you have issues' because
#1 - Personal attacks are against the Community Guidelines and
#2 - I just won't lower myself to that level.

9 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That is not a request to be considerate.  That is telling people HOW they should navigate within SL.   

I think the "get out of the friggin' way" part has been pretty clear.

Wether it implies walking, running, crawling, flying, swimming, dancing, hovering, jumping or whatever... well, that's a bit nitpicking right now for whatever reason. The context of "clear the landing spot" made that quite clear. So what's the point of an arguement here?

Whenever *I* land somewhere, I immediately fly away. Not out of politeness per se, but I simply hate the idea of someone riding up to me. 😏 Rather than tell them to take their jollies elsewhere, I myself just move out of the way.

Edited by kiramanell

On 12/13/2018 at 12:07 AM, IvyLarae said:

People wearing updo hairstyles without a hairbase ( I know, this is an odd one but its something that I'm really OCD about. A hairbase makes an updo look so much better because it adds a seamless look, without one it just makes it look like a hat to me)

Totally agree with this. I liken it to a bad wig IRL. Even with some hairs that are “down”, it just looks like a bad wig.

Now, that’s helpful if your avatar is to intended to be wearing a wig, which does happen and there’s a purpose. So, two sides to every coin, I guess? Haha.

• Like 1

Whether or not flexi or mesh look better depends entirely on your hairstyle and what you're doing.

Ponytail, dancing? Flexi literally every time!

Long, loose hair, taking photos? Sure, give me that mesh.

Short updo, doing everyday things? Hear me out, I know it's a crazy idea, but how about mesh with flexi details? You get all the graphical fidelity and some lively detail!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Cinos Field said:

Whether or not flexi or mesh look better depends entirely on your hairstyle and what you're doing.

Exactly!  This flexi hair is one of my favorites, especially for underwater swimming.  It flows nicely instead of looking like some glued-on helmet. There's no way mesh is ever going to look this gentle. (Don't mind the ears.  I was in an Easter mood at the time.)

284642273_Bunnyears_001.jpg.64ffac33a29c2543bd02d42e41a04f74.jpg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Exactly!  This flexi hair is one of my favorites, especially for underwater swimming.  It flows nicely instead of looking like some glued-on helmet. There's no way mesh is ever going to look this gentle. (Don't mind the ears.  I was in an Easter mood at the time.)

284642273_Bunnyears_001.jpg.64ffac33a29c2543bd02d42e41a04f74.jpg

Beautiful. Would love to see a video of it moving. I guess this is a peeve of mine (but I stated it elsewhere too in the right discussion so I'm in the clear): the assumption that flexi is always and without exception crap, ugly and inferior to mesh, with no place in 2020. If that makes me some kind of stubborn throwback, so bloody be it. I'll swish my flexi on my way out and love it. 

Edited by Amina Sopwith
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Cinos Field said:

Short updo, doing everyday things? Hear me out, I know it's a crazy idea, but how about mesh with flexi details? You get all the graphical fidelity and some lively detail!

Yes, I don't understand why more creators don't do this -- unless the issue is complexity?

I have few hairstyles (and a few dresses) that do combine flexi with mesh, and, done well, it adds just enough movement to rectify that I-Have-A-Lump-of-Well-Molded-Plasticine-on-My-Head effect.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

45 minutes ago, Cinos Field said:

Yes, I don't understand why more creators don't do this -- unless the issue is complexity?

I have few hairstyles (and a few dresses) that do combine flexi with mesh, and, done well, it adds just enough movement to rectify that I-Have-A-Lump-of-Well-Molded-Plasticine-on-My-Head effect.

I didn't realise it was unusual. I haven't done a huge amount of shopping on my av since my return as I'm barely ever inworld, but when I got my mesh body, I also got a couple of mesh hairs and they confused the hell out of me for a while because they didn't look much different to all the flexi. Eventually I realised they must be this apparently elusive combination of both. I think they look lovely and I can't really understand why it's apparently not more common? Complexity perhaps (I'm not technical) but that doesn't really seem to be a huge concern for most people from what I can see.

It does tickle me a bit that we're all building ever more complex and beautiful avatars and then derendering/jellydolling everyone else because they're making us lag so much...

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.