SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

This is Newbank.  And no, contrary to speculation, its neither a prison or a Star Trek themed fight arena. But it could be... 😜

Newbank.thumb.jpg.65d646c4aa0cc844d97b9905e5ed2645.jpg

(^ Newbank)

To my surprise, I instantly recognised the buildings in Newbank as it contains a copy, or more accurately, an adaptation of the current SL Welcome/Tutorial/Orientation Centre for new residents called Welcome Island. By coincidence, I had visited Welcome Island Public when it opened inworld during 2021. Sadly, the public one appears to have vanished now.

EDIT: It was never called "Welcome Island Public" which is why I couldn't find it again.The public version of Welcome Island is actually called Welcome Back Island and is open for visits! (Thanks to Quartz Mole for the correction)

1647661972_DanielVoyager-21.thumb.jpg.1187ea767424a4d5a918d33ebdb27339.jpg

(^ Welcome Back Island - Photo by Daniel Voyager)

Much of the tutorial and orientation related stuff that was in the Welcome Island build has been removed for this version found in Newbank and now seems to serve as Newbrooke's community centre, with the addition of seating areas and food and beverage bars in place of where there were once tuition boards and freebies.

However, one little criticism, Newbank still has the exact same Landing Point coordinates that Welcome Island has in its land settings, which forces avatars to arrive in a cramped little area almost inside the counter of a Juice Bar in Newbank.  These same coordinates are instead a wider open Landing Point area at Welcome Island.

Looking around at Newbank's areas confirms that the same street furniture, such as the fences, seats and fountains which had been seen in the Linden Reveal sneak peek version of Newbrooke did indeed have their origins from the Welcome Island sim region. Then again, perhaps it was the other way around and Welcome Island was built from things designed for Newbrooke?

The blue sphere you can see pictured in the photo above is actually a representation of SL's map on a globe.  This globe was also a part of Welcome Island too. The globe might also be treated as official confirmation from LL that the SL grid is indeed round and not flat as many conspiracy "Flat Gridder" theorists have theorised about with their theories(!). But as everyone really knows, SL is obviously round, because you can see the curvature of the SL grid from high altitudes. (!)

To recognise the familiar SL map and its continents on this globe at Newbank, you'll need to tilt your head (or the screen) over to one side, as this globe is tilted over and "rolls" on its equator, just like the planet Uranus....

dn18239-1_300.jpg

OMG! SL is on planet URANUS!!! 😜

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 5
  • Haha 6

Friday morning views of the new community region Newbank and Newbrooke homes. 

Josie Banks is the main connection region linking the Chalets and Newbrooke sub continents together.

Snapshot_005.thumb.jpg.478b9c51598858de673781c4f522bc0f.jpg

Newbank

Snapshot_003.thumb.jpg.f706d6148b4cec501f5173253442ff64.jpg

Newbank

Snapshot_001.thumb.jpg.27e622fb3bce3b3aa84e3d86966e959c.jpg

Free Will

Snapshot_002.thumb.jpg.5819823131fa5d7fd2d843bab07af5c8.jpg

Huygens water area 

Snapshot_004.thumb.jpg.51472203fa21b69b00fc4c64e59c6609.jpg

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

• Moles
14 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

To my surprise, I instantly recognised the buildings in Newbank as it contains a copy, or more accurately, an adaptation of the current SL Welcome/Tutorial/Orientation Centre for new residents called Welcome Island. By coincidence, I had visited Welcome Island Public when it opened inworld during 2021. Sadly, the public one appears to have vanished now....

The public version is still there:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Welcome Back Island/128/128/20

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

@Patch LindenCould LL please reintroduce the Chat Parrot and the Beachball tuition to the new Welcome Island? I think new residents are missing out on experiencing these classic nostalgia items found in earlier orientation regions. Philip Linden MADE that beachball! Everyone knows that parrot kissing and beachball levitation are essential skills in SL. (!) 😜

EDIT: Oh and the TORCH too, they make excellent if slightly dangerous facelights!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

@Patch LindenCould LL please reintroduce the Chat Parrot and the Beachball tuition to the new Welcome Island? I think new residents are missing out on these classic nostalgic items found in earlier orientation regions. Philip Linden MADE that beachball! Everyone knows that parrot kissing and beachball levitation are essential skills in SL. (!) 😜

And the torch, don't forget the torch  :)

• Like 3

Decided to try out Newbrooke's road network today (4th March 2022) by wheeled road vehicle (not a boat or hovercraft this time!) and see how expansive it was.

I started at the Newbank community centre and drove south, hoping to get down to at least Josie Banks, the landbridge sim between Newbrooke and the Chalet region sims.

I managed to drive through the labyrinth of roads down to Josie Banks quite easily after a few wrong turns and dead ends, using a bit of intuition, guesswork and pure luck. So I went on, out of Newbrooke and crossed Josie Banks into the Chalet Homes, then south into and through a river tunnel and up out and across a bridge over into the Stilt Homes regions.

I went on westwards through the Stilt Home islands and bridges and finally made it across to a giant humpback bridge that led to the Log Land sim of Beiramar. 

Log Land has dirt roads and looks way more complicated to navigate, so I ended my roadtrip today at Beiramar.

So yes, its definitely possible to drive up into the new Newbrooke theme regions from the surrounding Bellisseria regions.  But as Bellisseria is not connected by roads to other mainland continents, that would be an impossible road journey at present.

Bellisseria really needs some substantial road and rail bridges (or tunnels) linking it to both Sansara to the North and Satori to the east. And perhaps road links to Jeogeot to the south too. It would give the  Bellisserian population somewhere further than their own backyards, gardens and streets to explore.

610338649_NewbanktoBeiramar4Mar2022.thumb.png.44fa746f164cfe8c9eadcda49d72e147.png

My journey time from Newbank down to Beiramar was approximately 42 minutes, crossing over 60 sims and over a distance of 17 km of roads.  😜 

• Like 14

Theme 9 announcement could be made sometime in June 2022 if you go on previous timeframes. Seems to be a trend forming and who knows what the next three Linden Homes themes will be. Anyone want to make any predictions ?  Asian Homes, Hobbit Homes & Cave Homes would be cool. 

• Theme 11 - To be confirmed
  • Theme 10 - To be confirmed
  • Theme 9 - To be confirmed
  • Modern (Newbrooke) - Announced/Revealed at SL Christmas Expo (6th December 2021) - Released 3rd March 2022
  • Fantasy - Announced at SL18B - Reveal on 17th June 2021 - Released 12th August 2021
  • Chalet Homes - Announced at SL Christmas Expo (December 2020) - Reveal on 4th December - Released 30th March 2021
  • Stilt Homes - Announced at SL17B (June 2020) - Reveal on 24th June - Start of release (test regions+) - 21st December
  • Log Homes - Announced at the SL Home & Garden Expo (February 2020) - Released on 1st April 2020
  • Victorian Homes - Announced early December 2019 Released on 16th December 2019
  • Trailers/Campers - Announced at SL16B (June 2019) - Released on 16th September 2019
  • Traditional & Houseboats - Announced at SL Home & Garden Expo (15th March 2019) - Released on 15th April 2019 
Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

I have a few idea suggestions for some new LH themes....

Undersea Theme

Underwater homes of various man-made and natural geological designs (perhaps sunken ships, submarines,  caves, coral, seashells, marine creatures etc... ) placed below the surface of water regions. No roads, no railways but plenty of fish, plants, rocks and eerie oceanic background sound effects.

Regions could be placed against mainland continents which do not have a navigable coastline, so that the water at 20 metre sea level in these Undersea Theme regions makes those mainland regions navigable by boat users.

Winter Themes

Alpine, Nordic, Scandinavian, Himalayan, Tibetan, Japanese, Aspen, Andes style winter homes located in various regional mountain valley regions that are constantly covered in snow and ice.  Not everyone wants to live in a temperate, coastal or hot climate. Would be very popular at Christmas times too.  Twisty mountain roads and valley bottom village roads and railway lines, ice covered lakes and rivers, cablecars, chairlifts, skiing runs, winter sports, conifer forests.

Desert Themes

Various world desert themes; Sahara, Gobi, Great Australian, Arabian, Syrian, Kalahari, Patagonian, North American Great Basin. Decorative elements to include sand dunes oasis, camels, tents, sand storms, pyramids, obelisks, vultures, snakes, scarab beetles, reptiles, mummies, crypts, treasures, rocky canyons, mesas, buttes, salt flats, crashed alien spacecraft....

Space Station Theme

Massive region-sized space stations (perhaps giant wheel shaped space condos?!) with interconnecting corridors between them "floating" freely in a perpetual black starry sky. Locate them high above 400m altitude in sim regions, with nothing but empty sea beneath them. No need to decorate the region surface with roads, trees etc. Add in space background scenery; some comets, asteroids and occasional mystery UFO background decorations.

Regions could be placed against mainland continents which do not have a navigable coastline, so that the water at sea level in these Space Station Theme regions makes those mainland regions navigable by boat users.

Alien Planets Themes

Based on the surface of various factual and imaginary alien planets, or moons. Very futuristic looking homes, some of alien origin. Have some very weird looking terrain formations and unusual soil, water and sky colours too. Add some weird "Forbidden Planet" style background sound effects.

😜

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Theme 9 announcement could be made sometime in June 2022 if you go on previous timeframes. Seems to be a trend forming and who knows what the next three Linden Homes themes will be. Anyone want to make any predictions ?  Asian Homes, Hobbit Homes & Cave Homes would be cool. 

• Theme 11 - To be confirmed
  • Theme 10 - To be confirmed
  • Theme 9 - To be confirmed
  • Modern (Newbrooke) - Announced/Revealed at SL Christmas Expo (6th December 2021) - Released 3rd March 2022
  • Fantasy - Announced at SL18B - Reveal on 17th June 2021 - Released 12th August 2021
  • Chalet Homes - Announced at SL Christmas Expo (December 2020) - Reveal on 4th December - Released 30th March 2021
  • Stilt Homes - Announced at SL17B (June 2020) - Reveal on 24th June - Start of release (test regions+) - 21st December
  • Log Homes - Announced at the SL Home & Garden Expo (February 2020) - Released on 1st April 2020
  • Victorian Homes - Announced early December 2019 Released on 16th December 2019
  • Trailers/Campers - Announced at SL16B (June 2019) - Released on 16th September 2019
  • Traditional & Houseboats - Announced at SL Home & Garden Expo (15th March 2019) - Released on 15th April 2019 

I think there's more themes than that coming - Patch said in an interview that there were going to be more themes than originally intended. He didn't say how many exactly, but it sounded liike quite a few.

I think the next one will be a Asian style to replace the first gen Asian.

• Like 5

On 3/5/2022 at 3:21 PM, Daniel Voyager said:

Not sure low poly would be popular but could be evolved into something a bit more interesting. 

DIY Rehab Multi family Into Single Family Duplex with large open loft spaces w super modern interior finishes. Historic Meets Modern. Ability to unlink interior furnishings, walls and totally modify Interior. 

Art District Loft Style. in that photo of large building  each resident would have vertical slice for their parcel, the roof top could be deco by moles to be communal spaces, lower garage spaces inside, parking lot. Something more industrial. Historic Industrial Art District? 

I love the floor to ceiling windows and large open spaces.  

theme concept low poly deco to modern commercial duplex .png

art district lofts.png

e5b6b251f8eba48a0e64464d02a89e46.jpg

• Like 2

Linden High Rise Loft Tower Homes - Each parcel could have random sized styled tower built. The front door would teleport resident up to which ever level residents decide to put their living module inside of. End result would look like this. Each resident in the tower would get a vertical slice of the tower and the home controller will ask resident how many levels they want to furnish and what level would resident like to live on.

Something like that maybe on either side of a water way like boat houses but towers. ?  Not to try to copy GTA 5 but all their pretty buildings are shells empty just a few apartments inside each for variety. No option really to modify any of them the way we do in SL. This would like that except the residents would be able to mod the interior of their tower. 

towers.png

Edited by Paulsian
  • Like 2

Bellisseria Map - 8th March 2022

Still got the logs homes, chalets and modern sub continent coastlines to come yet. More themed regions expected within the next 12 months or so. Exciting times ahead. 

Don't forget Bellisseria 3rd anniversary in Second Life is 15th April 2022. 

1941716577_Screenshot2022-03-08103736.thumb.png.f53f4faa334d0d12dabb92c0fdea73b1.png

Using Firestorm Viewer World Map the Newbrooke sub continent doesn't show up very well unless you zoom into it. Hopefully this will fix itself soon. 

553069064_Screenshot2022-03-08104017.thumb.png.40eeadc33454175f909c3935fb9f5396.png

This is what Bellisseria looked like back on Opening Day back on 15th April 2019. Wow! :)

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is image.png

First SSP regions arrived back in mid August 2018. 257 pages later 😄

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is ssp-regions.png

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

20 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Don't forget Bellisseria 3rd anniversary in Second Life is 15th April 2022. 

This is what Bellisseria looked like back on Opening Day back on 15th April 2019. Wow! :)

First SSP regions arrived back in mid August 2018. 257 pages later 😄

Wow, I can't believe it's been nearly 4 years already since the new homes were first released. Feels like yesterday! I wonder if they'll do anything special for the Belli 3rd anniversary. I can't remember if it was celebrated last year. Maybe there'll be an event at the Fairgrounds.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 3

I also fondly remember the exciting time before and after Bellisseria first opened.

Many people with boats and aircraft were excited not only by the mysterious unnamed new continent, but also by the new and very long L shaped sea channel that had appeared in April 2019. Indeed, some of us hoped this vast sailing space would remain empty for our continued enjoyment. 😜

MAPA_mar.jpg

(^ Photo by @Nando Yip , September 2019)

People were excited by the idea of finally being able to sail and fly from Jeogeot continent up to Sansara continent for the first time ever too, and vice-versa.

This massive L shaped sea channel was two regions wide all the way along and was placed to the north of Jeogeot continent and Pyri Peaks island.

However, the L shaped sea channel didn't actually go all the way up to Sansara yet until Bellisseria officially opened. Instead, it dead-ended at its top two Agathy and Whitecap regions, two-thirds of the way up to Sansara and to the south-west of the mysterious new continent, where for weeks many boats and ships waited impatiently for their first look at Bellisseria and also to reach Sansara continent. Because the new continent was unlinked to the others, it was impossible to see without the use of the map, even with draw distance set to maximum.

Two new regions called Delby Depths and Sirens Rock were finally added to the northern borders of Agathy and Whitecap regions on 15th April 2019 to link the L shaped sea channel to the new continent. With the link opened, boats and aircraft were free to continue northwards from Agathy and Whitecap.  Who was the first person across? Nobody seems to know (or care!).

864807991_HMSDragonKugalighthouse.thumb.png.1d28f9e16c0b91fd3937beaa75dbc21d.png

(^ The island of Kuga and my first time in Bellisseria! 😜

The first landmass they encountered was a small Bellisserian island named Kuga, with a lighthouse on it,  only 2 regions to the north of Whitecap.

At that time, Kuga and most of what existed of the early Bellisseria lacked public rezzing parcels, so an hour-long sail up from the north of Jeogeot continent was the only way to get there without teleporting.

And to the north of Belisserria a short span of new water regions were also added to Sansara continent's southern 'elements' regions to link it to the northern coast of Bellisseria, which allowed full movement between Sansara and Jeogeot continents for the first time ever.

If you missed Bellisseria's 15th April 2019 opening day, you can re-experience it back on page 45.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

51923005642_36fde3ac76_5k.jpg

About the new theme... I would bet on beach huts between Thailand and Hawaii... after all, we already have a lot of land in the Chalets, and in NewBrooke, maybe it's time for a little oriental beach, because in the end beach houses we still don't have it... (this is just wild speculation as Patch says. or my sincere wish.)

• Like 5

On 3/5/2022 at 9:21 PM, Daniel Voyager said:

Theme 9 announcement could be made sometime in June 2022 if you go on previous timeframes. Seems to be a trend forming and who knows what the next three Linden Homes themes will be. Anyone want to make any predictions ?

Tiny homes with Tiny 256 sqm plots but double prim, and lots of trees, and places for Tinies to sit. :)  Oh, and waffle dispensers.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
Added text.
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1