SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

• Moles

"Double Prim": Common term for using a region's Object Bonus setting to allow double the prim allowance per parcel. This requires roughly half of the region to remain barren since the region's max LI cannot be surpassed. Otherwise once the region is full, no more objects can be rezzed even though the parcels show they still have more LI available.

In Linden Homes regions that land is not barren. The LI of that land is used for all the houses along with all of the deco surrounding the parcels. Double Prim is not an option for Linden Homes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 12

17 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

"Double Prim": Common term for using a region's Object Bonus setting to allow double the prim allowance per parcel. This requires roughly half of the region to remain barren since the region's max LI cannot be surpassed. Otherwise once the region is full, no more objects can be rezzed even though the parcels show they still have more LI available.

In Linden Homes regions that land is not barren. The LI of that land is used for all the houses along with all of the deco surrounding the parcels. Double Prim is not an option for Linden Homes.

Lindens, being Linden and majick, can't just "cheat" and set higher limits? That's a bummer!

• Moles
1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Lindens, being Linden and majick, can't just "cheat" and set higher limits? That's a bummer!

They could. But it's the difference between being whether you *can* do something and whether you *should* do something. Linden Homes regions are set to the same standard 22,500LI that matches Mainland and that is by design. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Not sure if anyone has noticed but houseboats are being released down the east side of the Chalet sub continent. 

HBs.thumb.jpg.6a372693ac43f95effc9a26dd3fe4726.jpg

Newbrooke & Chalet sub continents - 10th April 2022

* Orange squares around them now. 

* Empty regions from Tutti Frutti eastwards towards Boomp including Thimble Pond Farms and Take Five.

NBs.thumb.jpg.9183268b6c0fa66899866237891e5884.jpg

More regions still yet to come I'm sure. 

NBs1.thumb.jpg.ae8e2a27fa61ea0682d20b75ea128bba.jpg

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Newbrooke & Chalet sub continents - 10th April 2022

* Orange squares around them now. 

* Empty regions from Tutti Frutti eastwards towards Boomp including Thimble Pond Farms and Take Five.

NBs.thumb.jpg.9183268b6c0fa66899866237891e5884.jpg

More regions still yet to come I'm sure. 

NBs1.thumb.jpg.ae8e2a27fa61ea0682d20b75ea128bba.jpg

Seeing this long waterway-shaped area between the Newbrookes and the Chalets, I am hoping for another navigable waterway.  (Especially since I just caught a lot on the eastern edge of Judge Knott and it seems perfectly set up to be attached via water at some point in the future!)

• Like 3

I'm enjoying exploring the Linden Home regions still under development. It's like seeing the notes for a project still being Edited.

Keep at least one of these areas clear:

1940510709_KeepatLeastOneofTheseAreasClear.thumb.jpg.906899f630488bf7dcd6e83a4509e922.jpg

Move these houses? Or do the arrows designate the front of the houses?

1858219877_MoveTheseHouses.thumb.jpg.8e1629f01063229899833af2f0bb5a79.jpg

A green middle of sim marker near a balloon ride, which works even now.   🙂

1602218473_MiddleofSimMarkerNearBalloonRide.thumb.jpg.ad98d90dea635508b6360af440d378e6.jpg

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

Yet another post from the Bellisseria Speculation Department. Waterizing the undeveloped area between the Newbrookes and Chalets would be nice for the residents but is unnecessary for continental connectivity.

Belli To Satori By Water.png

I would add a route to the bottom tip of Santori, just because that will probably be only one or two navigable water regions. How would it make sense to have a route from the top of the Newbrook regions, when LL might want to put more homes there? I think the route should be closer to a continuing diagonal running between Newbrook and the Chalet Homes.

I'm looking forward to the North coast of the Victorians and Log Homes being further developed. I like having 2 sides of Barker facing the ocean, but I would really like to see more homes here and a complete water route from Sansara to Satori.

751369300_BelliseriaToSatoriByWater2.jpg.5ff9450be226217e099b10eae10b686d.jpg

to add
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Currently we have TWO protected water routes from the stilts to south Satori. It's fine to add a third waterway adjacent to the Newbrookes but LL may prefer to put homes there. Connection to north Satori must be done no further south than Stromberg, as the 18 regions marked in red are privately owned and impassable to water vehicles. My suggestion is to edge the Newbrookes with protected water extending to Stromberg. As we do not know exactly where the Newbrookes will end, my proposed route can only be imagined, not accurately drawn.

My interest is in making connected waterways. LL may choose to put water between the Newbrookes and Chalets but it may be in the form of lakes and ponds.

Belli To Satori By Water 2.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Tary AllenI imagine the Stilt Homes main waterway as a salt water sea strait, rather than a fresh water river.

The Stilt Homes are an archipelago of small flat sandy islands which neither individually or collectively have mountains, hills, streams or tributaries for naturally occurring fresh water sources to form a main river waterway to flow through the islands.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 6

Whilst speculating about a Satori connection I think Atanua would be a much better connection than Stromberg. The corner crossings from Stromberg northwards depend upon adjacent landowners security settings. Whilst Atanua is open water with a rezz zone, only a few regions higher and much more welcoming for fliers, novice and experienced sailors. 

• Like 3

@AethelwineThe regions south of Atanua do have a protected water channel running along their west borders, as my mini-map parcel filter shows. 

1896115489_AtanuaSatori.thumb.png.fa136f6c529b9932c0420101e81209c6.png

There's no need to move through the private parcels of Chuginadak, Chloris, or Atira. The waterway is a little narrow, but is easily navigable by boat.

From Stromberg, the  route would pass through multiple water regions and some with protected waterway channels on their borders.

Stromberg.thumb.png.4a7711c7912cf82bfb379d340e8c81e5.png

People should learn how to enable the parcel/boundary lines filter in their minimaps. It makes avoiding banlines much easier.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

@AethelwineThe regions south of Atanua do have a protected water channel running along their west borders, as my mini-map parcel filter shows. 

1896115489_AtanuaSatori.thumb.png.fa136f6c529b9932c0420101e81209c6.png

There's no need to move through the private parcels of Chuginadak, Chloris, or Atira. The waterway is a little narrow, but is easily navigable by boat.

Making the corner in Chuginadak is treacherous even at low speed if trying to keep to the protected waterway, it is a very narrow passage. If one of the land owners with parcels in the corner of Chuginadak or Chloris decides to put up banlines or a zero second orb, a slow handover heading north and it will be be game over try again... and a lot of tears from people trying to escape Belliserian waters to get to the Northern Satori waterway that leads on to the Blake Sea and Corsica. 

There is a similar problem in Lamashtu and Gwen. 

For a connection of this importance between continents, I don't think they should be relying on the good will of landowners. Other Connections between continents are clear open water. Atanua is not much further North and has the advantage of being clear open water.

• Like 2

After exploring lower Satori inworld and seeing the few options along the western coast for a safe landing area (because of the privately owned regions), I've changed my proposed landing area to the region between the 2 big southernmost rental sims. There is a Second Life Coast Guard sim here, which although technically privately owned, has a history of being open to traffic. Just north of this is the southern end of the Satori rail line, and north of that is the southern end of the Route 8 Linden road. Between the end of Route 8 and the rail line are a couple of abandoned and for sale parcels, as well as one that is not for sale and blocked by ban lines. I think LL could claim immanent domain to extend the road through to the rail line at least, and possibly to the southern coast. They could probably exchange land they take for other parcels within the same regions. My proposed water route to the southern tip of Satori is shown in blue.

In addition, I think there should also be a water route up the west coast of Satori (shown in yellow), though where there could be a good protected landing area is still a mystery to me. The airport along the east coast is great, but it's privately owned and could thus be lost at any time. We need to have more public roads and spaces, carefully placed to facilitate movement through and around the mainland continents. Private parcel owners on mainland have a right to close their parcels to traffic, but everyone needs to be able to move across the main continents more easily too.

810807721_BelliseriaToSatoriByWater3.jpg.2fa69315f9e9c497b46f43594aec2b9c.jpg

for getting east and west mixed up. lol

5 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

Atanua is not much further North and has the advantage of being clear open water.

For sure. Open water is highly preferable to edge channels/corners. However, Stromberg does satisfy the protected-water connectivity goal in a world where LL appears reluctant to drop new regions unless they pay for themselves.  In the Leeward Cruising Club, we regularly sail edge channels and it works if you select a boat that fits.

2 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I've changed my proposed landing area to the region between the 2 big southernmost rental sims

If you are referring to Yeeowler,  you got your wish, as it is already connected to Bellisseria by water regions (e.g. Furball). An LCC outpost called the Baby Pelican is there. It's a GTFO hub and a bar that serves tequila shots.

baby pelican.jpg

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 2

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Yeeowler/230/13/21

1 hour ago, diamond Marchant said:

For sure. Open water is highly preferable to edge channels/corners. However, Stromberg does satisfy the protected-water connectivity goal in a world where LL appears reluctant to drop new regions unless they pay for themselves.  In the Leeward Cruising Club, we regularly sail edge channels and it works if you select a boat that fits.

If you are referring to Yeeowler,  you got your wish, as it is already connected to Bellisseria by water regions (e.g. Furball). An LCC outpost called the Baby Pelican is there. It's a GTFO hub and a bar that serves tequila shots.

baby pelican.jpg

From Really Wet to Yeeowler should all be shown as one green line then. I would still like to see Route 8 extend down to Yeeowler if possible, and for the western shore of Satori to have a Linden Protected landing site, perhaps connecting to Route 8C, and for Route 8A to not be interrupted by private parcels. 

1 hour ago, diamond Marchant said:

It does and I ran a cruise not so long ago that ran that stretch of waterway. I think there was a banline along it not there now that claimed about 10% of those sailing it (4-6 boats).

Abnor might be trying to manage expectations, I just fear that if we only talk about Stromberg that is what we will get rather than potentially the better connection at Atanua that looks more like a continental connection point.

There is significant interest in that waterway. Fairchang only just added 20 or so regions to their estate just North of there. If money is an issue for paying for the waterways I expect the people behind Fairchang would be happy to talk a deal on it.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 1

Personally, I took the bumpiness of the terraforming in Josie Banks (the region between Bellevaria (Chalets) and NewBrooke), and the presence of a road right down the middle, as a statement of intent to make the border between the two themes not a waterway, but a hilly blend between the two themes, similar to the border between Vics and Logs in LogLand.   The existing chalet waterway, with it's charming decor and many forms of transit, is fantastic as it is.  Today I took a balloon trip up part of it during the busiest part of the day, and I saw one sailboat and a helicopter.  I was thrilled to see someone else traveling around!  I don't really see that existing traffic needs a parallel waterway, at least not NEARLY as much as we need the link between Really Wet and Snert.

I think Abnor's just trying to make it clear that revenue targets require that they weigh each set of new water regions carefully.  That's not a new thing ... this area between VictoriBelle and LogLand has been empty forever, tho it's not large and having no water in it makes navigation very clumsy indeed.  I always expected some houseboats or something to show up there, but newp, nada.  It would be an interesting place to put a Victorian community region, but I'm not holding my breath for that!

blank.JPG.59e1370456a4cfdd9a735ba8e98fdb2c.JPG

So I have a "wait and see" feeling about Satori.  It would be great if there were a protected landing spot there, but I'm not counting on it.  Particularly since, as you folks are pointing out, a landing spot is only useful if it has connectivity to longer protected routes (which is the reason why I'm so thrilled to see the Gateway Int'l Airport in Sansara), which might require rework of existing regions.  We know LL is loathe to rework regions, and I can't think of a case for doing so in Satori based on potential revenue.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3