SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

Does it seem like a long time since the Moderns were introduced?  

Compared to the Fantasy theme the Modern subcontinent is, so far, taking just a LEETLE bit longer to come ongrid.  Hopefully we'll see them very soon.

• June 17 --- Fantasy Home Theme introduced
  • July 31 (saturday) --- Fantasy homes continent ongrid  (6 weeks & 2 days after theme introduced)
  • August 12 (thursday) --- Fantasy homes released

SO:

• Dec 6  Modern theme introduced
  • Jan 21st  (today, Friday) = 6 weeks and 4 days after introduction, waiting ...
  • Like 9

The stilts were released pretty quickly after introduction, but there were issues and the release of more was postponed a few more weeks.  I am excited to see Newbrooke released, but I'll let them do all the testing and quality control first if it means a nice smooth release.

...at least for a couple more weeks. I might complain a little if it's not "soon."  I hope we're in the "really very soon" stage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

The stilts were released pretty quickly after introduction, but there were issues and the release of more was postponed a few more weeks. 

It took around 6 months from being introduced at the SLB celebration regions to make it in to Bellisseria. I think that's the longest delay so far for a theme release. I do hope we don't have to wait quite so long for Newbrooke to make an appearance

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

It took around 6 months from being introduced at the SLB celebration regions to make it in to Bellisseria. I think that's the longest delay so far for a theme release. I do hope we don't have to wait quite so long for Newbrooke to make an appearance

Yes the stilts took so long, was the longest wait. 

4 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

I thought it was the Christmas event.   I guess I didn't pay attention to the delay because I didn't like the theme 😄

4 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

I think that's the longest delay so far for a theme release. I do hope we don't have to wait quite so long for Newbrooke to make an appearance

Wasn't that at the end of Project Uplift? It's a miracle they were able to get the stilts out so soon after it!

• Like 5

Modern– Revealed at SL Christmas Expo 2021 on Monday 6th December / Release expected early 2022

• Fantasy – Announced at SL18B – Reveal on 17th June 2021 – Released 12th August 2021
  • Chalet Homes – Announced at SL Christmas Expo (December 2020) – Reveal on 4th December – Released 30th March 2021
  • Stilt Homes – Announced at SL17B (June 2020) – Reveal on 24th June – Start of release (test regions+) – 21st December
  • Log Homes – Announced at the SL Home & Garden Expo (February 2020) – Released on 1st April 2020
  • Victorian Homes – Announced early December 2019 – Released on 16th December 2019
  • Trailers/Campers – Announced at SL16B (June 2019) – Released on 16th September 2019
  • Traditional & Houseboats – Announced at SL Home & Garden Expo (15th March 2019) – Released on 15th April 2019 

I think there is at least another two themes to be announced and released yet. One may be announced at the upcoming Home & Garden event next month and the other at SL19B in mid June 2022. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7

Work continues apace on the Rouge regions up in SSP.  Meanwhile, poor Noir (Moderns) languishes, I've not seen anyone in them for many many weeks.

Over 7 weeks since they were announced.  The H&G Expo starts 26 Feb, less than 4 weeks away.  It would be nice if the Moderns were released before then.

work.JPG.32f5e23d2ac1a9a821baabe9e95722df.JPG

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Work continues apace on the Rouge regions up in SSP.  Meanwhile, poor Noir (Moderns) languishes, I've not seen anyone in them for many many weeks.

Over 7 weeks since they were announced.  The H&G Expo starts 26 Feb, less than 4 weeks away.  It would be nice if the Moderns were released before then.

work.JPG.32f5e23d2ac1a9a821baabe9e95722df.JPG

wow, :(

January 31st.  5 green dots up in Rouge.  No green dots seen in Noir for many weeks.

8 weeks since the Moderns were unveiled, not a whisper heard of their existence.  They are a MYTH, I tell you, a MYTH!

• Haha 5

16 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

January 31st.  5 green dots up in Rouge.  No green dots seen in Noir for many weeks.

8 weeks since the Moderns were unveiled, not a whisper heard of their existence.  They are a MYTH, I tell you, a MYTH!

Maybe the Moderns will be released around the Home & Garden Expo happening between 26th February to 20th March 2022. 

There is a lot of work going on in the north east part of the Fantasy sub continent and around the east/south of the Chalet sub continent. I think once that's complete the release will happen. 

Seems to be at least two months from the announcement to the main release (looking back at previous themes). 

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 3

Dateline Feb 6, 2022

LAND HO!

Thank you @Helena Luckstone for first sighting of the Moderns on the grid!  I see 49 regions so far.  The Chalet coastline is 1 region away at several points, and there are Chalet roads that dead-end on that edge, so it looks like there will be a land connection to Moderns.  Home & Garden Expo opens Feb. 26th, think they'll make it?

Moderns2.thumb.JPG.0a9d865b031baa1be909690f4bfb0786.JPG

Moderns.thumb.JPG.efd36c1c9dcf8c9c4ebd955a389a31ab.JPG

Edited by Nika Talaj
dup pic
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 7

Ooh, nicely found!  Yes, I see 49 too.

But they're north-west of the Chalet's. So they're nowhere near Satori's west coastline. Grr. 😜

The two most northern are called Charade and Coin Toss. These two are placed up on the same latitude as Satori's Yeeowler region, but are 17/18 sims west of it, with the Chalets stuck in between.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 1

Gardyloo is an archaic English warning shout given by a home occupant before they threw "dirty water" (chamber pot contents) out from an upstairs window down into the open street below. It comes from "regardez l'eau", or "look out for water!"

Gardy = From the Anglo-Norman-French regardez = to look out, to watch out.

Loo = from the Anglo-Norman-French l'eau = water

Toilets are still commonly called loos in the UK today! 

Could the 22 homes in Gardyloo be provided with chamber pots please?! 😜

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Here are all the named Modern regions on the grid as of February 6th, 3:00pm SLT. 

modregions6Feb.jpg

Seldom Scene!

Huygens - Huygens' principle, in optics, a statement that all points of a wave front of light in a vacuum or transparent medium may be regarded as new sources of wavelets that expand in every direction at a rate depending on their velocities.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Olivier Rowley said:

Seldom Scene!

Huygens - Huygens' principle, in optics, a statement that all points of a wave front of light in a vacuum or transparent medium may be regarded as new sources of wavelets that expand in every direction at a rate depending on their velocities.

Moss H(e)art - screenwriter (and librettist, though he wasn’t the Hart who’d collaborated with Richards Rodgers as I’d thought) https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moss_Hart

Potlatch - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potlatch

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 1