SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

1 hour ago, Quartz Mole said:

I asked about this when I saw the name on the list, and I'm told that's the reference.

I realise finding new region names must be a struggle at this point, but if you can't put an apostophe in there to make this clearer it would still probably be easier to change the name than have to explain it individually to every British person who was around in the 80's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Lloyd Overland@Daniel Voyager

Most definitely not an April Fools Day prank. I posted my findings about the 35 new regions after 12pm BST - if you noticed from my previous post.

In England, we have always ended April Fools Day pranks before 12 noon and anyone who continues pranking after 12 noon automatically becomes labelled as the April Fool for the remainder of the day.

The traditional time limit makes it more exciting (especially for children at school) to sneak in pranks before the 12 noon deadline. This is because all day pranking would become overly tiresome, predictable, less fun, irritating and disruptive to the normal working day, as April Fools Day is only a fun tradition, not a public holiday.

April Fools Day Origin

In English folklore, April Fools Day is long associated with the village of Gotham (pronounced Goat'um) in Nottinghamshire and an event from the 13th century.

The story goes that King John (1166-1216), the same bad king of the Robin Hood legend, intended to travel through Gotham to Nottingham in Nottinghamshire. At that time in England, any road the king travelled on had to be made a public highway, but the people of Gotham did not want a public highway through their village or to be taxed. The villagers feigned imbecility when the royal messengers arrived.

Wherever the messengers went, they saw the rustics engaged in some absurd task. Based on this report, King John determined to have his hunting lodge elsewhere, and the wise men boasted, "We ween there are more fools pass through Gotham than remain in it."

According to the 1874 edition of Blount's Tenures of Land, King John's messengers "found some of the inhabitants engaged in endeavouring to drown an eel in a pool of water; some were employed in dragging carts upon a large barn, to shade the wood from the sun; others were tumbling their cheeses down a hill, that they might find their way to Nottingham for sale; and some were employed in hedging in a cuckoo which had perched upon an old bush which stood where the present one now stands; in short, they were all employed in some foolish way or other which convinced the king's servants that it was a village of fools, whence arose the old adage, "the wise men of Gotham" or "the fools of Gotham"

The phrase "playing the goat" (to play the fool) originates from Gotham (Goat-ham), as the village was founded by goat farmers.

Gotham City from the Batman comics was deliberately named by its creators after the  "fools of Gotham", in England.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

the names themselves are visible on the Shergood Map system if you click on the area where they are... don't know how some people can already see them on the standard SL map tho o.O

It's on SLURL if you click the region areas. My guess is that it will show up on the world map within the next 2 days or so. 

• Like 1

I've drawn a new map which shows the 35 new regions (when they appear) in relation to Newbank, the other Newbrooke regions and the Chalet Homes:1245396620_NewRegions2Apr2022v2.thumb.png.411bfdd118562e743129a43e3bb29c50.png

@Nika TalajErr, excuse me, you don't get to name them. I found them first, just as the British FIRST found and claimed the Falkland Islands in 1592, 224 years before Argentina even existed! 😜

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

@Nika TalajErr, excuse me, you don't get to name them, because I found them first, just as the British  FIRST found the Falkland Islands in 1592!

Lol.  My question to you is: how on earth did you find these?  Because they are not connected to anything, you cannot cross into them from Newbrooke.  You cannot TP to them, they're not on the map.  Were you just clicking around on the ATC radar?

If they're going to be more Newbrooke, why aren't they connected?  ODD

It would be even more odd if they were going to be the new theme, Rouge.  It hasn't even been revealed yet.  They do reveals at events ... have they ever done one at Fantasy Faire?  That would be April 21st-May 8.  The birthday would be next, wouldn't it?  That won't be until June 16th.

• Like 1

I have predictions for the future links between Newbank and the 35 new regions.

On the north border of Newbank (at 124,252,22) is a short asphalt road pointing northwards to nowhere:

1141682009_Newbankmap2Apr2022.png.4d2f8a24d7927a4b4d9b8493d46c5778.png

1229126529_Newbanknorthborderroad.thumb.jpg.9cd9c755dd5db19cef2a65119ba19358.jpg

On my map, you will see that there is currently a void north of Newbank and south of a new region (of the 35) called Shepherds Coronet.  I predict that a future new region (with road) will bridge this void.

However, there is no asphalt road along the northern edge of Newbank, only a narrow concrete footpath. And the road is blocked by bollards. You'll have to go one region east to Coin Toss to drive vehicles across on an actual wide asphalt road.

1245396620_NewRegions2Apr2022v2.thumb.png.411bfdd118562e743129a43e3bb29c50.png

To the east of Newbank is Coin Toss region, which DOES have asphalt roads pointing northwards, aiming northwards to Rabbits Too in the group of 35. 

1231681932_Newbrookenorthborder.thumb.png.33ad36c3d4da845a9debd7ca5ccea68c.png

534106103_CoinTossborderroad.thumb.jpg.76e2e39ce93f1f249b516939e5dace0b.jpg

These north border roads are also to be found in all of Newbrooke's other northern regions. They are called Jazz Band, Funky Blues, Okay Pop, Prince Charming. :)

• Like 4

/me muses.

I suppose these new regions COULD be Premium Plus Newbrooke regions. IF Premium Plus includes higher-LI Linden parcels, that would be an explanation for why these new regions are not yet connected to Newbrooke, (which to my eyes still seems small for such a popular theme). It seems like Premium Plus should be introduced pretty soon now, but who knows.

In his recent VWBPE interview, Patch had only the following puzzlements to say in regards to Premium Plus benefits for education.  No mention of timing.

I do think that there will be benefits and such that you will have from having that type of an account, including, y'know, various increases and decreases to certain elements of what you can do (and I don't mean decreases in a bad way, hint <mumble>).

• Like 3

5 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

I have predictions for the future links between Newbank and the 35 new regions.

On the north border of Newbank (at 124,252,22) is a short asphalt road pointing northwards to nowhere:

1141682009_Newbankmap2Apr2022.png.4d2f8a24d7927a4b4d9b8493d46c5778.png

1229126529_Newbanknorthborderroad.thumb.jpg.9cd9c755dd5db19cef2a65119ba19358.jpg

On my map, you will see that there is currently a void north of Newbank and south of a new region (of the 35) called Shepherds Coronet.  I predict that a future new region (with road) will bridge this void.

However, there is no asphalt road along the northern edge of Newbank, only a narrow concrete footpath. And the road is blocked by bollards. You'll have to go one region east to Coin Toss to drive vehicles across on an actual wide asphalt road.

1245396620_NewRegions2Apr2022v2.thumb.png.411bfdd118562e743129a43e3bb29c50.png

To the east of Newbank is Coin Toss region, which DOES have asphalt roads pointing northwards, aiming northwards to Rabbits Too in the group of 35. 

1231681932_Newbrookenorthborder.thumb.png.33ad36c3d4da845a9debd7ca5ccea68c.png

534106103_CoinTossborderroad.thumb.jpg.76e2e39ce93f1f249b516939e5dace0b.jpg

These north border roads are also to be found in all of Newbrooke's other northern regions. They are called Jazz Band, Funky Blues, Okay Pop, Prince Charming. :)

There will be more regions connecting up to Newbank in the months ahead I think. On SLURL the region names pop up if you click the area. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

It would be even more odd if they were going to be the new theme, Rouge.  It hasn't even been revealed yet.  They do reveals at events ... have they ever done one at Fantasy Faire?  That would be April 21st-May 8.  The birthday would be next, wouldn't it?  That won't be until June 16th.

There's not been a reveal at Fantasy Faire before and nothing has been announced for this time around. Which isn't to say it's impossible, just that nothing has been said.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The new 35 regions are on the map, tho not fully visible.  The 2 visible tiles are leftover images from previous regions that were in those positions.  You can TP to them.  

They are regular Newbrooke regions, with the same LI and density as the rest of Newbrooke.  The regions seem to have complete landscaping and all parcels are there, but the homes have not all been rezzed.  In the pic below, the 20 LI used on this parcel are from the moles' (mostly transparent) home placement framework.  As you would expect, on all sides of this new area, there are roads chopped off at the edges (no coastline as yet).  Good to see Newbrooke growing.

mycroft.thumb.JPG.2d6830835ce951df654bef45680bb34d.JPG

1741555835_35regions.thumb.JPG.16a81a45e3998623c2162ffff08499a6.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Snapshots of the new 35 regions as viewed from Coin Toss in Newbrooke.

Two regions north of Coin Toss is Rabbits Too. There's actually an inaccessible null void between them currently, but notice that the two opposite regions roads do align perfectly. 

While I was over in Rabbits Too,  I noticed there are no houses on the parcels there yet, but the parcels are colour coded; green for 512m2  and cyan/turquoise/teal for 1024m2.

1456236046_CoinTossandRabbitsToo4Apr2022.thumb.jpg.db4a02fa2984bffc821a91dc198e43e7.jpg

1299687315_RabbitsToofromCoinToss4Apr2022.thumb.jpg.b16b8fbd436fb2fd0231e8095ce21c21.jpg

Photos made possible due to an old memory cache trick :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

TEN MORE REGIONS have just been added, filling in the voids between Newbrooke and its 35 new regions.

Thimble Pond Farms, Take Five, Tutti Frutt, Alrutti, Womp, Bomp, Baloombomp, Ballomp, Bamp, Boomp 

268835363_TuttiFrutti5Apr2022.thumb.png.958705561b615cc40ed45951219ad620.png

@Patch LindenI noticed that the region Tutti Frutt seems to have an i missing from the end of its name ? Mistake or copyright reasons?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 4/2/2022 at 3:03 AM, Polenth Yue said:

You could use "Malvinas Boxes" if that's what's being referenced. Which is pretty funny for the theme, but the vision bit I'm not getting.

8 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Malvinas Vision has (thankfully) had a name change to Malvinas Boxes.

Oh wow, they did what I said! What else can I recommend? Carnivorous fungus pits? Rivers of chocolate? (I'm hoping there will be a river in the joining bits, though I'm guessing it'll be boring water.)

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

It looks like the Newbrooke sub continent will expand out further northwards as there are many roads going to nowhere around the edges. Here are some photos of these newest regions added this week. 

It's great to see more regions added. Yay! :)

1923290673_Screenshot2022-04-05145450.thumb.jpg.7d1695765d4134bb47291407496e0dac.jpg

Eastbridge Village 

1996547147_OkayPop_001.thumb.jpg.fd62309b609f8f601c6b3dfa666aaf6d.jpg

Le Corbusier 

637176111_LeCorbusier.thumb.jpg.95447307b7cc65614852132e42234d80.jpg

Amusing Grace

721424102_OkayPop_002.thumb.jpg.b7328c422014694d6232e833692ccffb.jpg

Take Five

2050384017_OkayPop_003.thumb.jpg.7c63936141bdd267b3bb0591af38c874.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have a few water-related questions which I hope Moles or Lindens can answer:

1. Will the Josie Banks region (it currently bridges Newbrooke to the Chalet Homes) be terraformed to allow an east-west deep river channel to pass through it?

2. Will void regions both east and west of Josie Banks be turned into river regions, allowing direct travel from the Stilt Homes to Newbrooke by water?

3. Will all void regions between the Chalet Homes and Newbrooke be made into river/coastal regions that extend as far north as the remainder of Newbrooke potentially does?

4. Will Belliserria's river/boat channel(s) join Satori continent at the Satori region of Stromberg?

5. Will the Log Homes sub-continent ever get a complete northern coastline? A northern coastline would make the coastal journey from the Stilt Homes to the Victorian Homes (and vice-versa) a much shorter and quicker journey than the existing longer southern coastal route.

6. Will the group of South Islandia sea regions north of Bireme ever be joined by protected sea channels to Omoo?  This could be achieved quite easily without disrupting the area by moving four existing local sea regions (Lobster Pot, Marianas Trench, Magellan Deep, Albatross Shoals  plus one more) to between Omoo and Bireme regions to connect them.

7. Will Gaeta I continent ever be connected to the north coast of Corsica continent with additional water regions?

• Like 5

The map's still unstable around the new area: Fairlie Heights is still showing the old region tile at certain zoom levels. Really funny!

The “Little Richard” regions are still cloaked black in the map and fully flat on the surface, with a 256×256 m² prim frame rezzed on the surface, flush with the ground, in varying colors (I saw greens, at least).

The newly added Newbrooke regions have yellow 256×256 m² prim frames on the map (rezzed at ~300 m high?), but also a rezed on the surface, flush with the ground: I’vew seen greens and blues.

Many houses rezzed now, too, the blue ghosts are left in much less than half of all parcels in the regions I visited: from Shepherds Coronet to Swing Dance.

Fairlie Heights 220404.png

Edited by 4lice Cerise
houses
  • Like 4