SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

6 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

I have a few water-related questions which I hope Moles or Lindens can answer

In the over two years since Bellisserria has been available to residents, we have learned two things.

1. Linden Lab gives no details about plans for developing Bellisseria (except for 2 below). If something is announced, the only answer to "when?" is "soon".

2. Linden Lab may announce that themes are in the works and may give previews, but those aren't necessarily announced before they happen.

However, we can speculate that certain things will happen based the way existing themes have developed over time.

I expect that various themed areas will be properly "edged" with a proper coastline and protected water.

I expect that Bellisserria will eventually collide with Satori at or near Stromberg.

I expect that the Newbrookes and Chalets will be separated by land, not water (similar to Vickies and Logs).

I expect that the northern coast of the logs will be water that goes from Snert to Really Wet, connecting "old belli" to the Stilts.

No clue about your questions 6 or 7.

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Building on the post above, Llama-Rama already exists as a crossover event between 2 other video games, but if it doesn't exist already, SL definitely needs a Drama Llama region.

I'm going to suggest rhyming names based on animals: Hunny Bunny, Chicken Lickin', Yuppy Puppy,...

Any other suggestions?

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moles

A. We have a plan.
B. We're not telling you the details of the plan.
C. The plan sometimes changes as we go (which is a big reason why we don't tell you all the details of the plan).
D. Residents can ask/hope/pray for anything or everything they want, but like all prayers sometimes the answer is no. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 12

1 minute ago, Abnor Mole said:

A. We have a plan.
B. We're not telling you the details of the plan.
C. The plan sometimes changes as we go (which is a big reason why we don't tell you all the details of the plan).
D. Residents can ask/hope/pray for anything or everything they want, but like all prayers sometimes the answer is no. 

That actually sounds like a most excellent plan!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

A. We have a plan.

@SarahKB7 Koskinen seems to have a plan as well, which is to point out potential new waterways at every opportunity, and if there is no opportunity, make one.

This is also not a bad plan.

By the way, about the northern coast of the Log Home continent ... the nonexistent Northern Passage from Olde Belli to the wonderful huge Stilt river ...  ??? 

*makes mystic praying motions*

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Building on the post above, Llama-Rama already exists as a crossover event between 2 other video games, but if it doesn't exist already, SL definitely needs a Drama Llama region.

I'm going to suggest rhyming names based on animals: Hunny Bunny, Chicken Lickin', Yuppy Puppy,...

Any other suggestions?

I suggested before that we needed somewhere to get popcorn so we could watch the drama, which seems ideal for Drama Llama.

• Like 4

According to Reed Linden at the web user meeting on 6th April 2022 it appears that the Second Life land store (including Linden Homes) will be completely be revamped soon. Designers are working on it now. 

Premium Plus is now targeted for the end of May 2022. Reed mentioned that there will be more stipends, larger land grants, larger signup bonuses, reduced fees on certain things and more groups. The numbers is yet to be confirmed. The cost for Premium Plus will be double the stuff apparently. 

Exciting times ahead. Just need the teams at the lab to give us the green light. 

https://youtu.be/1CtWvwwDm3g

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, Daniel Voyager said:

The cost for Premium Plus will be double the stuff apparently. 

I think what Daniel means to say here is that Reed Linden shared that the cost of Premium Plus will be "in the ballpark" of double the cost of Premium.  For which you will get "double or more" of the items he listed as part of the package.  As Daniel said, those items include land grant, number of groups, signup bonuses, discounted fees, stipend amounts.  A resident mentioned "longer sound downloads" as something previously shared.

So if we just look at cost, if they leave Premium at the same price it now is, we can compare.  Assuming an exchange rate of 1 USD = $L250, we have:

Premium = $99 - (300*52/250) = $36.60 /year

Premium Plus approximately $198/yr - (600*52/250) = $73/year, VERY approximately

All things being equal, I doubt a 2K LH parcel would be worth it, for me. [If that's on offer; it might be just 2K tier  instead of 1K, which would enable you to have both a normal LH and 1K for tier].   I think it would be better for me to be able to have two LH parcels per one account.  I could really see them leaving LH parcels at a max of 1024; could you term a 2048 parcel a "starter home"?

And I still really like the idea of having less frequent cleanup in a Premium Plus sandbox.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I think it would be better for me to be able to have two LH parcels per one account.

i think quite a few people would like to able to have two Linden Homes

or maybe the new regions going in the north, might be double-primmed. In which case a Premium Plus could have 1 double-prim Home or 2 standard 1024m homes, or one standard 1024m home and one 512m home and 512m spare tier. Or two 512m homes and 1024m spare tier

• Like 5

On 3/4/2022 at 9:29 AM, Polenth Yue said:

Don't forget the bit teaching you to fly where you fall off the cliff and if you can't learn to fly at that point you're trapped in the tutorial forever!

Yeah, NO!  LOL .... that made me leave for a long while before trying again.  haha  -- except I learned to fly and couldn't stop!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well if Plus will be twice the normal premium is a bit much than I expected.

I just want more land, and if upgrading tiers is cheaper for me, no need to go PLus, unless the stipend doubles also (600 L/week at least ). I guess Plus will be live by SLB19, maybe with new 2K parcels for LH.

• Like 3

If the price is double, then it must be better value than having 2 Premium avatars and use them to live on Mainland.

I want my prims/li in one place, so 1024 on mainland and 1024 in a Linden home is meh.

Will it be 1024 with double prims or 2048 with prims as today? I think I would prefer double prims on a 1024. The type of houses would be a factor. The 2-3 last house styles have been large enough to not need add-ons. The decision to have both large and small houses for Newbrooke was some of the best idea LL had. Even the smaller houses must have double the space that the Traditionals had, and 8 different houses was perfect. I always used large add-ons in the Traditonals to get one main big room, that did not feel so closed in.

Double prim would maybe mean larger public space between the houses, so it feels nice and private. Over 20 houses in a region is a bit too much, and if we fill up 20 homes with double as much stuff, double as much textures and double as much triangles, it can be a nightmare.

Double the price of Premium plus is not so tempting after I found a rental I love. If the landlord pack up and leaves SL, I might not find such a good location on Mainland again.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

If the price is double, then it must be better value than having 2 Premium avatars and use them to live on Mainland.

I want my prims/li in one place, so 1024 on mainland and 1024 in a Linden home is meh.

Will it be 1024 with double prims or 2048 with prims as today? I think I would prefer double prims on a 1024. The type of houses would be a factor. The 2-3 last house styles have been large enough to not need add-ons. The decision to have both large and small houses for Newbrooke was some of the best idea LL had. Even the smaller houses must have double the space that the Traditionals had, and 8 different houses was perfect. I always used large add-ons in the Traditonals to get one main big room, that did not feel so closed in.

Double prim would maybe mean larger public space between the houses, so it feels nice and private. Over 20 houses in a region is a bit too much, and if we fill up 20 homes with double as much stuff, double as much textures and double as much triangles, it can be a nightmare.

Double the price of Premium plus is not so tempting after I found a rental I love. If the landlord pack up and leaves SL, I might not find such a good location on Mainland again.

I'm guessing 2048 with the usual prims, at least in mainland.

Maybe there will be an option on LH with 1024 parcels, double prim, only available to plus instead of 2048 parcels (not the best option, but maybe it turns out to be popular). anyway, Plus, if it doubles the cost of a premium, has to be better than 2 premium accounts, if not people won't upgrade.

Edited by Tary Allen
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tary Allen said:

I'm guessing 2048 with the usual prims, at least in mainland.

Maybe there will be an option on LH with 1024 parcels, double prim, only available to plus instead of 2048 parcels (not the best option, but maybe it turns out to be popular). anyway, Plus, if it doubles the cost of a premium, has to be better than 2 premium accounts, if not people won't upgrade.

I am in favor of a 1024 Linden home with 702 prims. I also hope that it will be fewer homes per region if that really happens. Because of lag and prim limits per region.

Spreading my li over several places like 2 Linden homes or one LH and Mainland, is something I feel done with. When I had 2-3 Bellisseria homes, I let them stand unused as soon as I had decorated them, and started with another. I think I have done all I can do with 351 Li, and that is even with a house that does not count against my li.

I don't know how many that feel this way about how they will use the land included with PP, or what PP will be, so I can only guess. I can't remember that I have been right about much before....

I hoped we could get more than 2048 m, but it looks like it is that and some fripperies added in. With more groups for us, it will be more pay to join groups, and I am tired of it. It was a relief to get rid of all the groups I joined for a single gift. In the future I will see pay to join groups as payment for the item. If I really want the gift, I pay for the group and leave it.

• Like 8

On 4/6/2022 at 12:55 AM, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Found a 1950s era inspired song with some unusual lyrics if the Moles and Lindens need more region name ideas....

I swear I heard Da Boom's name in there!!! 😜

Yippity sounds like a fun place to be. :)  I don't think I'd like to live in Boogedy though.

• Haha 2