SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

53 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

But you can build whatever you like .. maybe don't build suburban Arizona on purpose?

Well, but Linden Home regions have to support a certain density.  For me, a big part of "desert" feel is a sense of wide open, baking, maybe wind-swept land.  In Newbrooke the moles REALLY WORKED to use little rock gardens, pools, park areas, and rolling pond banks to avoid getting a crowded "little boxes" suburban feel.  If you invent a bunch of landscape elements to break up your 'desert' theme, suddenly it doesn't seem very much like a desert.  The Twilling/Cantrip Coast has a beachy strip where there are many Trads in a very sparse landscape, and despite being beachy, to me the area feels a little bleak.

twilling_001.thumb.jpg.317dfb27d7cb051ab9ae6dea85d34278.jpg

• Like 7

great example photo. maybe would have to be less traditional layout more like government style mapping more flat terrain like white sands new mexico. That photo reminds me of monterey, california near the pacific ocean cutest little beach town ever. 

• Like 1

• Moles

Once you factor in parcel density any theme that relies on wide open spaces and unspoiled vistas is going to suffer irrevocably. It may not seem like it, but we don't have free reign to build whatever we like. We still have requirements and conditions that have to be met and limitations to consider. Most of which you as residents are never aware of completely and would boggle the mind if you only knew all the things we have to juggle and weigh to find a balance that works. Theme choice is just one factor.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 10

17 hours ago, Istelathis said:

But I want classic!  Oh wait... wrong forum 😝

I have spent way too much time in mmos

I had the same reaction, it sent me searching for that 2016 Blizzcon clip where an audience member asked the Blizz panel essentially for Classic WoW servers and J. Allen Brack was all "You think you want that... but you don't..." and then had to eat his words in 2019 when Classic WoW was released and has been a huge cash cow for them. Ah, devs.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

Once you factor in parcel density any theme that relies on wide open spaces and unspoiled vistas is going to suffer irrevocably. It may not seem like it, but we don't have free reign to build whatever we like. We still have requirements and conditions that have to be met and limitations to consider. Most of which you as residents are never aware of completely and would boggle the mind if you only knew all the things we have to juggle and weigh to find a balance that works. Theme choice is just one factor.

So it sounds like Life on Mars is canceled! Dang, LOL

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

I'm wondering if these are new community regions coming in the future...Traditional Community Region, Victorian Community Region ( I'm pretty sure we've seen and SSP..CR before for a community region in the SSP area). LL have said they're going to go back and work on older themes or add more homes, so it's a possibility I think. The community regions have been awesome, so it would be nice to see what they come up with for these:)

750539631_Screenshot2022-03-18201425.png.6732320339b647e13d874a6f9a7290dc.png

• Like 7

On 3/21/2022 at 2:29 AM, Evangeline Arcadia said:

I'm wondering if these are new community regions coming in the future...Traditional Community Region, Victorian Community Region ( I'm pretty sure we've seen and SSP..CR before for a community region in the SSP area). LL have said they're going to go back and work on older themes or add more homes, so it's a possibility I think. The community regions have been awesome, so it would be nice to see what they come up with for these:)

750539631_Screenshot2022-03-18201425.png.6732320339b647e13d874a6f9a7290dc.png

V for Victorian?

• Like 3

Just noticed that a whole bunch of regions above the stilts have been moved elsewhere.  The ones in the blue circle have been gone since months before Newbrooke was ongrid, but I believe the removals in the red circle have been much more recent, correct me if wrong. 

Altho swift work continues up in rouge (7 green dots!), I'm not placing any bets as to what will go in this new space above the stilts.  Could just be more stilts!

I just hope SOMEDAY they finish the north coastline of LogLand, so we can sail from Olde Belli up through the stilts without the huge detour south of LogLand.

Clear.thumb.JPG.fa10c76b2290890a4230d441b4293f2c.JPG

SSP.JPG.7495e9469e405d2f61f08c782bb0c884.JPG

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Just noticed that a whole bunch of regions above the stilts have been moved elsewhere.  The ones in the blue circle have been gone since months before Newbrooke was ongrid, but I believe the removals in the red circle have been much more recent, correct me if wrong. 

Altho swift work continues up in rouge (7 green dots!), I'm not placing any bets as to what will go in this new space above the stilts.  Could just be more stilts!

I just hope SOMEDAY they finish the north coastline of LogLand, so we can sail from Olde Belli up through the stilts without the huge detour south of LogLand.

Steampunk theme to launch by SLB19? 

• Like 2

On 3/28/2022 at 4:26 PM, Nika Talaj said:

Those regions were moved friday, What Next owner just confirmed in Flickr her store has been closed because of that. In her words "LL relocated our sim to make way for a mainland expansion, we didn't know beforehand it was going to be moved and something obviously went wrong, but it's fixed now :)"

So, something big (hopefully not wicked) this way comes :)

• Like 8

A new group of 35 regions have appeared to the north of the current Newbrooke homes. But I am appalled by one of the new region names....

203940751_NewRegions1Apr2022.thumb.png.581e4040dcd2a7c8a1a8663dea8df9d3.png

@Patch LindenPlease immediately rename "Malvinas Vision" to something less distasteful in respect of this year being the 40th anniversary of the 1982 Falklands War.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

A new group of 35 regions have appeared to the north of the current Newbrooke homes.

203940751_NewRegions1Apr2022.thumb.png.581e4040dcd2a7c8a1a8663dea8df9d3.png

@Patch LindenPlease rename Malvinas Vision to something less contraversial, distasteful and neutral in respect to this year being the 40th anniversary of the 1982 Falklands War. Extremely poor taste.

It's probably a reference to Malvina Reynolds' song "Little Boxes."

https://ig.ft.com/life-of-a-song/little-boxes.html

• Like 7

• Moles
2 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

/me notes that Quartz Mole has been standing in the middle of Prince Charming for an hour or so.  How appropriate!

(oh, and maybe final QA/touchup of those new Newbrooke regions?)

Thanks! I'd forgotten I was still logged in there.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Please immediately rename "Malvinas Vision" to something less distasteful in respect of this year being the 40th anniversary of the 1982 Falklands War.

@Theresa Tennyson's answer is more plausible than the Spanish name for the Falkland Islands since a number of regions including Mandelbrot, Le Corbusier, Fenyman and Zanotti Flats are named after people very well-known in their particular professions

• Like 5