SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

12 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Oops, unlucky guy. His open sea view just poofed. I saw how close that was too, and you don't think they will move the boats?

I warned the owner that she might get some stuff returned sometime in the near future - and told her why.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Has anyone noticed now that no one can fly or boat between the continents from the west side. 

There are regions missing and no go areas. 

water.thumb.JPG.c4f51d67b50fadfd25fb8056f18d79bd.JPG

Yeah, those areas basically went on lock down a day or two (or 3-4) ago, so that they could move in the new Victorian regions and nobody could peek.

I'm assuming once it releases they'll open things back up and even add water regions to ensure continuous travel.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Has anyone noticed now that no one can fly or boat between the continents from the west side. 

There are regions missing and no go areas. 

water.thumb.JPG.c4f51d67b50fadfd25fb8056f18d79bd.JPG

I'm wondering how much of the Mainland here will be accessible by boat from Belli? Some of what looks like open water is currently private land with some underwater structures. Is there a way through?

Also - the dark island that contains that Pyri Fun Fair has been chopped off on the west side for some time - I remember the Fun Fair quest* as one of my first adventures in Second Life and hope that it won't be replaced by more housing or some more 'advanced' entertainment.

*Take a ride on the Tunnel of Love

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RuffertasAlt said:

I'm wondering how much of the Mainland here will be accessible by boat from Belli? Some of what looks like open water is currently private land with some underwater structures. Is there a way through?

Also - the dark island that contains that Pyri Fun Fair has been chopped off on the west side for some time - I remember the Fun Fair quest* as one of my first adventures in Second Life and hope that it won't be replaced by more housing or some more 'advanced' entertainment.

*Take a ride on the Tunnel of Love

There is no clear way through and I hope the water channels will come back on the west side linking the continents. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

There is no clear way through and I hope the water channels will come back on the west side linking the continents. 

The blocking of some regions surely is just a temporary thing while LL and Moles are arranging things. All regions adjacent to Victorian houses are blocked from us so that we cannot peek into the Victorian regions before everything is ready to be released. Nothing to worry about, the waterways will be re-opened in due time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

So it is visible on the map now. And so close to Mainland. It surprises me a bit. I thought they would always have an empty water region between Belli and Mainland. This is Belli knocking on the door and asking for a cup sugar.

More like asking for trouble.

• Haha 3

195918858_Bellicreepscloser1.thumb.png.df3831bbb900b629ca5f685b1da069a9.png

View from Well Springs looking south. That's my house bottom middle of the screen. Draw distance maxed out.

I know all this is nothing new but I am surprised and relieved in all honesty that the houseboats weren't closer. I remember when I first got my house in Well Springs getting an IM from someone telling me to "enjoy the view while I had it since there were going to be houseboats in front of me and that road that ends there (in Well Springs) was going to be continued (south) soon." (Not a direct quote but that was the general jist of it). I'm glad to see neither of those things have happened - yet - and since I usually keep my DD at 60 or less I can't see any of those newer regions from my backyard. Phew!

I understand why the water regions (Eel Bank and Northwest Passage) are locked (no access yet) but look forward to the day they are so people screaming past on their boats stop smacking into an invisible wall and crashing. 😖

Edited by RaeLeeH
Region names.
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

I know all this is nothing new but I am surprised and relieved in all honesty that the houseboats weren't closer. I remember when I first got my house in Well Springs getting an IM from someone telling me to "enjoy the view while I had it since there were going to be houseboats in front of me and that road that ends there (in Well Springs) was going to be continued (south) soon." (Not a direct quote but that was the general jist of it). I'm glad to see neither of those things have happened - yet - and since I usually keep my DD at 60 or less I can't see any of those newer regions from my backyard. Phew!

The fact that the edges of those regions along the southern part of the Pickle are all properly contoured and finished show that there are no plans to ever put stuff there.  Besides, they need that single region width open for folks to pass through on their watercraft getting to/from their houseboats.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

I know all this is nothing new but I am surprised and relieved in all honesty that the houseboats weren't closer. I remember when I first got my house in Well Springs getting an IM from someone telling me to "enjoy the view while I had it since there were going to be houseboats in front of me and that road that ends there (in Well Springs) was going to be continued (south) soon." (Not a direct quote but that was the general jist of it).

People who IM this kind of crap to someone who just got a new house in a prime spot is #1 jealous and/or #2 an A-hole.  I would say they are both.  Nothing worse than people who try to crap all over someone else's good fortune.  No one other than the moles or a linden know exactly what is going where.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Lovely new house colors.... 🤣

No, I really think this is going to be boring old Trad colors.

purple_001.jpg

I personally hate these bright colours! - I nearly abandoned a nice home in Axim because someone in my seaview had painted his house purple. Luckily they went away before I did. The colours of the inner walls are one really big disatvantage of the new Victorian theme for ME ... all a matter of personal taste of course!

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Morena Tully said:

I do want to ask, maybe there is a good story behind it.. But how on earth did campers get on little islands?!

As they usually do in RL ... by ferry! ;)

Ooops! Sorry I answered that before seeing that I am not the first one to do so!

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

The landmass opposite to them doesen*t look like any kind of beach yet. I guess there will be a region inbetween ... then the waterway gets really narrow

Unless those regions will be beach-only or water-breaks. It would still leave a full region-width for boating.

• Like 1

So the regions of Leeward and Pearl Drop where I had originally seen boats have moved. I don't know if the boats are there any longer as nothing shows on the map, they could now be on Ezudna/Kainen/Tenser/Less Watery as that was the general area I saw them in(and where Pearl Drop and Leeward once were).

They have been rebuilding/changing some of the areas of the 4th theme area, so those abrupt ends may just be WIP areas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I think no region ever ended like this abruptly next to water.

There allways is some kiind of shore, maybe sand or rocks or kliffs but there has to be an edge between the land and the water.

I can think of two locations with regions that abruptly end without being joined to the water. Here....

1.png.fadaee6bbf041a9098e016c193e1e2ee.png  2.png.82df5e70f683b2bf49860dc176468768.png

And when the teen grid was copied over to the main grid and was placed next to Bay City an edge wasn't completed.

3.png.101e739da3816b444df5483ca1b0b23b.png   4.png.a91221416b0ced6493d0f2e03416d5a8.png

But that's not likely to happen to any area around Bellisseria. I fully expect to see some kind of shoreline there once the moles have completed all their work.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think I must quit staring at the world map! :/xD

I'm starting to see many cloned (exact copies) regions and groups of regions in the map. Not only in the Victorian regions but also in the new traditional houses, houseboats and campers regions. Anyway, this is how they can add new housings fast, which is good because the demand is still high. The copies what I see in the map are very far apart from each other, so the copying will not be very obvious inworld, which is good too. Anyway, there might be occasional déjà vu moments when exploring places or when moving to a 'new' place. 😉

• Like 1