SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

3 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

Those have been there for 3 days now, just weren't visible on the inworld map ;) 

That large empty space though in your picture - that is also getting filled in. 24 regions already names - the first row is Moonchild, Rain Song, Circles, and Sailfish

I tried to find Moonchild and Rain Song in map search but none such appeared.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Wow, houseboat islands popping up all over the place! (south of the new part of Belli, near to whatever continent that is - I still don't know the names of all the continents lol)

houseboats.JPG.1efa625c62d0a96af397a5f3b6430205.JPG

There's another copy of what I think is a dream island too (houseboat, trad, camper one..)

Yep, someone spotted those a few days ago.  And that blank area you see - most of those regions now have names, thus very possibly more LL homes going in there.  You can't find any names there on the inworld map, but if you click on the web map you can get the names.

• Like 1

I see two mysteries in South Belli.

1.  The first is the sheer portions of the coastline, where the land ends abruptly at a region edge.  On the SSP continent, these corresponding regions show finished coastline with no houses in, I think, all these areas.  Plus, the names are SSPWnn.  What does SSPW.. connote, and why haven't they been uploaded to Belli?

2.  A few of the Vic regions don't appear to have any houses in them, though all surrounding regions do.  I wonder, are they parklands (in lieu of big inland waterways), or what?  Daulton, Easton Priory, Greyfriar, for instance.  Greyfriar appears to have a big structure in its center, perhaps it's a community region?

I wonder if they will do the release like they did Campwich, opening a single adjacent region so we can see in while/just before they release? The missing-but-present-on-map SSPE371 is the obvious candidate, but VictoriBelli is so large I'm kind of rooting for the more centrally located Greyfriar playing that role.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

Avatars start already gathering at the southern edges of Bellisseria, in anticipation for the opening of gates to the Victorian regions. 😃😉

Yes, I logged out from there yesterday so I could login there immediately ~LAFFS~

Edited by Alyona Su

Bellisseria Citizen group chat (9th Dec 2019):

[09:27] Patch Linden shakes his magic 8 ball
[09:28] Dreamer Pixelmaid: what does the magic ball say?
[09:28] Patch Linden: "Outlook not so good."
[09:28] ℒiℒℒy ℳiᔕfit (LillyElizaRain): 8-ball must be broken 😛

[09:32] Patch Linden: Ok folks, no where has it been said that the Victorian homes are coming out.... even this week.  So please, relax, let the team focus on what they need to do, and don't you worry, I'll be sure to fun it up and drop hints as we go.

[09:33] Patch Linden: For a little insight, they are literally working through putting their paws on every single house to test them, thousands of them, it's gonna take a little time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

[09:32] Patch Linden: Ok folks, no where has it been said that the Victorian homes are coming out.... even this week.  So please, relax, let the team focus on what they need to do, and don't you worry, I'll be sure to fun it up and drop hints as we go.

[09:33] Patch Linden: For a little insight, they are literally working through putting their paws on every single house to test them, thousands of them, it's gonna take a little time.

Okay, so maybe Wed or Thu if all of the final validation goes well.  Or maybe not until just after the Expo ends, like we had originally surmised - next Mon.

Probably a good thing that I'm not super itchy to get one since anything from the 13th to the 22nd won't be great for me - going on vacation and likely only touching base in the forums a short bit each evening.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Coby Foden said:

I originally assumed that the Victorians would be released in January, considering the volume of homes that need QC and stuff. 
Then it was mentioned that perhaps the release would take place this week and I foolishly adjusted my expectation to that.

Thanks to this quote from Patch, I am now back down to earth and am assuming somewhere between Christmas and early January.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coby Foden said:

Okay so then they may not be out before the end of the expo, lol. Somebody said they'd be out after the expo, he'd said it'd be before that.. unless he was referring to something else.

15 minutes ago, s2Pandora said:

Okay so then they may not be out before the end of the expo, lol. Somebody said they'd be out after the expo, he'd said it'd be before that.. unless he was referring to something else.

9 minutes ago, jellybeangirl101 said:

Your right. I remember him saying before the 15th! But things go wrong so Idk

He did say it, but he also said (paraphrased) that was the goal. Achieving a goal is always wonderful, but doesn't always happen. I was told by my dad a long time ago, it takes longer to take the time to do things right the first time, but takes three times longer to do it a second time. So better to take the time to make extra sure everything is right than to have to go back handling countless "support' calls, right? 

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

He did say it, but he also said (paraphrased) that was the goal. Achieving a goal is always wonderful, but doesn't always happen. I was told by my dad a long time ago, it takes longer to take the time to do things right the first time, but takes three times longer to do it a second time. So better to take the time to make extra sure everything is right than to have to go back handling countless "support' calls, right? 

You are very right about that. 

But if they raise thousands of houses from the depth and know that every single one of them has to be tested they have average times this testing takes per house and can multiply with the number of houses and divide by the number of moles capable of it ... so they must know about when they can be released (if nothing out of the ordinary goes wrong) - they are just not telling us ;)

11 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

But if they raise thousands of houses from the depth and know that every single one of them has to be tested they have average times this testing takes per house and can multiply with the number of houses and divide by the number of moles capable of it ... so they must know about when they can be released (if nothing out of the ordinary goes wrong) - they are just not telling us ;)

Unless they KNOW that they are within 24 hours, I would not expect them to say anything.   Too many people would take it as gospel and be pissed if they didn't release when they "estimated" they would.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

In my experience, that's not the way QA works.  They can tell you how long the tests will run if all goes well, but only a very new dev manager would publicize that as a release date.  More often than not, something goes wrong, either with the device/SW under test, or with the test SW itself.

I kinda think this level of home testing is new for this release.  I do not remember a PILE of moles fanning out across Campwich before release.  But lately there have been many release glitches during single region releases.  If they are planning to release a WHOLE BUNCH of regions in a short time, they need the releases to be as near glitch-free as possible, so may have decided to try each parcel controller before release.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I kinda think this level of home testing is new for this release.  I do not remember a PILE of moles fanning out across Campwich before release.  But lately there have been many release glitches during single region releases.  If they are planning to release a WHOLE BUNCH of regions in a short time, they need the releases to be as near glitch-free as possible, so may have decided to try each parcel controller before release.

Quartz did recently comment that some of their deployment/finalizing strategies have not scaled as well as they wished.  He was working on some testing to help with his stuff.

So, yeah, I would not be giving any even rough estimate based on how the past releases have gone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

If they are planning to release a WHOLE BUNCH of regions in a short time, they need the releases to be as near glitch-free as possible, so may have decided to try each parcel controller before release.

Not to mention that these homes have brand new technical features that none of the others have (such as this HUD in the control box, etc.)