SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

39 minutes ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

just found another new continent in the area Fritigern mentioned.

I'm hovering here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dark Expanse/80/170/136

and I See: https://gyazo.com/40588436ea1fe782b810e1dcd1223235

That's amazing!

I was wondering why it seemed that the building speed of the Moles had slowed down, and now I know, they were secretly working on an extra sub continent, AND the Victorians. 
The amount of homes added to the pool is going to be HUGE!!!!!!!!!

For those just reading this, this sub continent is located between The horizontal part of the Bellisseria Channel and the Jeogeot continent. 

image.thumb.png.83a99cb5e699cf463807004be77b37a1.png

There are several smaller, multi-region islands with houseboats in that same ara (not pictured), I have seen them, but we can't access it yet. 

Do note that these regions are not visible on the map, because the Moles (Abnor, to be precise) has placed map screens at 350 meters up in the air so as to hide it from the world map, that sneaky robot dude!! 😄

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

As I was flying along the southern border, I saw these two regions appear. I don;t think I was supposed to see them though, so I feel privileged 🙂
They were gone just a few minutes later, giving credence to the idea that it was an oopsie 🙂 

wE9TDoN.jpg

I briefly saw that also - and kept trying to figure out how to get it back after it disappeared.

When I set my draw distance to the max of 1024 - yeah, that is almost crash-bait - I can normally truly see things that are 2 regions away.  However, LL must be using some sort of magic with the new regions.  There is only one region of empty space between current Belli and new southern Belli - but a draw distance of 1024 still cannot see anything.  I even looked under the water and flew up to 4096 in case they were trying to be sneaky by temporarily using a different altitude.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

As I was flying along the southern border, I saw these two regions appear. I don;t think I was supposed to see them though, so I feel privileged 🙂
They were gone just a few minutes later, giving credence to the idea that it was an oopsie 🙂 

wE9TDoN.jpg

Those regions have been popping up and down for much of the day since they started moving things to our area. 😃 I think the fact that they are touching a currently active area kind of messes them up a bit when they're suppose to be hidden. Or perhaps they'll be worked on soon.

Edited by s2Pandora
  • Like 1

Just now, Eowyn Southmoor said:

ok so there's another 4-region area of houseboats south east of where that region was with the ice on it too.

See this:  https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/426577-ssp/?do=findComment&comment=2018926

and this: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/426577-ssp/?do=findComment&comment=2018994

So my guess is there will be a whole bunch of new houseboats 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, s2Pandora said:

Also found more houseboats on Pearl Drop and Leeward.

Where were all these. Do they have secret new building areas?!

Yes, they are using map screens, 256x256 platforms, placed at 350 meters height, textured like the maptile they want to pretend they are. In this case, it's usually water, but I have seen grass map screens.
So they place the map screen over some land, effectively hiding the land so they can create in relative peace, and without people studying the map and speculating about what they are preparing and possibly spoiling the surprise.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

I mentioned those earlier.

Nope, not those ones. More new ones EAST of the squishy pickles,

Region names:

Barracuda Sound
Distant Shore
Yachtmans Home
Porpoise
Humpback Sighting
Tern Key
Hardtack
Trafalgar
Whalesong
Conger Reef
Winters Elm
Wood
Oldspice Crossing
Dahm Strait
Saltmarsh
Rhoger Whaters
Grandfleet
Bottlenose Jetty

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

When I set my draw distance to the max of 1024 - yeah, that is almost crash-bait - I can normally truly see things that are 2 regions away.  However, LL must be using some sort of magic with the new regions.  There is only one region of empty space between current Belli and new southern Belli - but a draw distance of 1024 still cannot see anything.

They are not using any magic. It is exactly that one empty (AKA: void, non-existing) region strip between Bellisseria and the southern Bellisseria which prevents camming in there. It has never been possible to cam over the void to any region. When that empty strip is filled with actual regions only then we can cam into the southern Bellisseria.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

From Squishy Pickle's Alala region towards the east I can see new regions with traditional houses, houseboats and campers. As yet they don't show up in the map but it's possible to cam in there. Draw distance 1024 m, looking to east:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Alala/166/97/99

Yeah, that is the area that Eowyn is talking about above - and that Fritigern mention earlier.

We've now seen new stuff going in in the following locations -- not counting the new Southern Belli stuff:

image.png.44cae9c7bc1c9760d3ea29146a940112.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

From Squishy Pickle's Alala region towards the east I can see new regions with traditional houses, houseboats and campers. As yet they don't show up in the map but it's possible to cam in there. Draw distance 1024 m, looking to east:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Alala/166/97/99

Quick and dirty screenshot, showing the new area as well as the map screens, hovering at 350m.image.thumb.png.ff5b57d591f091f0f8484315d6975469.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

And to add, the new area East of the pickle looks the same as the new area south of Pyri Peaks

Maybe they figure that if the sections are far enough away they can clone them.  Makes total sense in my opinion.

We already know that they've cloned regions in the new Victorian area.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yeah, that is the area that Eowyn is talking about above - and that Fritigern mention earlier.

Right. And looking south from http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Moonia/229/84/35 there are lots of houseboats coming. If all the new regions (Victorians included) will be released almost at the same time then that release will be HUGE. Thousands like Patch has said.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

Right. And looking south from http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Moonia/229/84/35 there are lots of houseboats coming. If all the new regions (Victorians included) will be released almost at the same time then that release will be HUGE. Thousands like Patch has said.

SL is going to explode! LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I had a dream
Oh, yeah
Crazy dream, uh-huh
Anything I wanted to know
Any place I needed to go
Hear my song
Yeah, people don't you listen now?
Sing along
Oh
You don't know what you're missing, now
Any little song that you know
Everything that's small has to grow
And it's gonna grow, push push, yeah

Tomorrow 😉

6 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

Right. And looking south from http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Moonia/229/84/35 there are lots of houseboats coming.

Yep.  Between Moonia and SSPE320, there are now 4 houseboat regions grouped around a central sandbar.    Armada (!), Remolcadora, Melville Deep, and Quahog Cove.   Sailing or even flying around the area is tricky, as access to more than these 4 regions is blocked, and there are 'missing' water regions.  One tends to get logged out often while zipping around there with 900+ draw distance :)

Effectively this extends the fringe of houseboats along the top of North Belli's "foot" area up to Moonia, fairly close to the southeast edge of the pickle.  And there is space for more, should they build it out.

It doesn't look like another continent is being built at this time, but rather that Belli is acquiring a fringe of "suburbs" - clumps of 4- 9 regions, either houseboats or mixed Trads, campers and houseboats.  The clumps of 9 regions have fully realized coastline all around them, it doesn't seem that they're designed to 'hook up' to a larger continent.

It would be interesting if super duper premium included the ability to move to a 'clump' with a group of friends.  For a fee, of course!  But I doubt that is in the cards; Ll likes to steer clear of inter-resident personal dynamics.

744835162_newhouseboats_001.thumb.png.c32709df20eef17082f925c3ef50f47c.png

• Thanks 1