Dahm Strait
Saltmarsh
Rhoger Whaters
Grandfleet
Bottlenose Jetty

Are those all just named WATER? - cannot go inworld at the moment to check

12 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

What is the Shergood map?

Leora, it's a map system used by a Helicopter creator in SL. It's really good, works like google maps and seems to update much quicker than the in-world map. As an example, all the empty regions you can't see currently, at least on the Shergood map you can click the area and it gives you the region name.

link here: http://shergoodaviation.com/radar.php

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

It's all going to depend on how chintzy our testing of the deployed regions is.

Had to put that into a translator! For chintzy it gave two German meanings :

kitschig (trashy oldfashioned tastless) or  knifflig (difficult tricky needing skill to manage)

So I guess this is a wordgame?🥺

For some rude and brainless people named the new Victorian style as "chintzy"

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1

I LOVE that pattern!! Had an IKEA Couch for MANY years with a similar pattern and LOVED it!

I knew that "chintz" is also a special fabric but not which.

But the word "kitschig" (given to me by several translation machines) is a degrading word for somethin overmuch, overcoloured, trashy, tastless.

Obviously the Americans use the word in another meaning - that sometimes gives room to misunderstandings.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I LOVE that pattern!! Had an IKEA Couch for MANY years with a similar pattern and LOVED it!

I knew that "chintz" is also a special fabric but not which.

But the word "kitschig" (given to me by several translation machines) is a degrading word for somethin overmuch, overcoloured, trashy, tastless.

Obviously the Americans use the word in another meaning - that sometimes gives room to misunderstandings.

Perhaps a better English synonym for “chintzy” in this case would be “frugal” or “economical”.  I think Patch is having a bit of pun fun and using a play on the word “chintzy” because it is also describes a very popular Victorian fabric in the Canadian (North American) English language.  @Patch Linden  is a clever wordsmith! 😉

Edited by BJoyful
Missed a word (pun)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

[Patch Linden] is a clever wordsmith!

He's referencing another thread where the word was used to describe the new theme and I posted a full dictionary definition of the word to call them out for it. :)

As for the definition, it is 95% negative and and barely considered neutral, never positive. As for another person who looked up the word in Wikipedia and compared to Merriam Webster dictionary and came to a neutral conclusion, well, one bad and one not-so-great source, is all I can say.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nando Yip said:

Bellisseria explodes !!!

mapa-Belli-novas-casas.thumb.jpg.3101747beba27bc26c855558f7987645.jpg

That larger part is a really nice mix of trads, houseboats and campers. I thought the area here would have been a much bigger land mass eventually (another continent) , but it fits nicely with Bellisseria as it is. I'm beginning to think the next continent will be elsewhere, not nearby.

There's another lot of houseboats too below that (just below Moonia, which I swear gets bigger everytime I visit it...), really nice place to have a houseboat if you want somewhere with a great view over water.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

That larger part is a really nice mix of trads, houseboats and campers.

It looks lovely! Lots of internal waterways and views out, seems like a prime spot :)

edit: houseboats in the woods in Dahm Strait! (funny name:D )

day 1_002.jpg

Edited by Raspberry Crystal
add photo
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

Lovely new house colors.... 🤣

No, I really think this is going to be boring old Trad colors.

I've been thinking, if the LL and the Moles keep making the regions and homes better each time (which in my opinion they are), the first round of homes on Belli will soon become the ones no-one wants lol. (kidding...I'm sure there'll be lots of people who still love them:)  )

• Haha 2