SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

On 12/10/2019 at 9:11 PM, Hatsya said:

I have found a lot of places to rez vehicles in Bellisseria, but only 2 places to rez a boat, Coral Waters and Bellisseria Fairgrounds Airstrip. I have looked around a lot, but without success.

Does anyone know if there are other places?

Thank you for any help.

I don't have a boat rezzer but I do have a jet ski rezzer at the dock on my houseboat. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Widow Point/82/102/22 The jet skis work on water and on land. I've used them to explore some of the land in development. When you get off they will derez. Up to two people can ride on a jet ski.

I also have some seaweed and shells in the water. It needs more seaweed; work in progress. 

jet ski rezzer.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

South Belli is getting closer!  To my eye, ALL of the interior regions are now populated with completed homes, including the previously park-like Greyfriar and Easton Priory.  All regions in the interior have been named for a while now.  The majority of coastal regions are still unnamed, but fully populated with homes. 

Today the map is also showing significant progress along the southernmost border just from yesterday, with 4 more regions sprouting Victorians.

955653358_buildout12-13.thumb.PNG.423a762fb26ebb37ee01bd852350e8bd.PNG

In addition to the 2 remaining regions in the pic with proto-houses, I see 5 regions on the West coast that still have proto-houses (SSP 619, 647, 654, 682 and 683).  That's it.  If those regions are to be in the release, they could quite possibly be populated by Monday or Tuesday, if moles work over the weekend, as they have often in the past.  Then, presumably, naming and some QA.  But they may not be destined for the massive release; I think Littleme's suggestion that perhaps some regions will be released singly later, is a distinct possibility as well.

There are also 6 regions around the coastline that just have a fringe of land in them, no houses, but have a road or two.  All are named.  No idea  whether they will sprout houses.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kiel Wiefel said:

I don't have a boat rezzer but I do have a jet ski rezzer at the dock on my houseboat. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Widow Point/82/102/22 The jet skis work on water and on land. I've used them to explore some of the land in development. When you get off they will derez. Up to two people can ride on a jet ski.

I also have some seaweed and shells in the water. It needs more seaweed; work in progress. 

jet ski rezzer.JPG

Rezzers can cause lag, due to script usage. I appreciate residents trying to give out vehicles but it can be super laggy if all the neighbors have rezzers out.

12 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Rezzers can cause lag, due to script usage. I appreciate residents trying to give out vehicles but it can be super laggy if all the neighbors have rezzers out.

Unless the rezzers are actually doing something, the amount of load on the servers is minimal, so "super" is a bit of an exaggeration.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

That would be temp-rezzers: those that rez a temp-object that disappears after 60 seconds, then rezzes another, then another, then another, etc. A rezzer that rezzes on-demand is well within the covenant and also used by the Lindens and Moles all over Bellisseria. It is perfectly okay to use them and they do not create any noticeable region load.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Belli South status: there has been progress this weekend, but there is still quite a bit of work remaining.  No new names have appeared on the map, so most of the coastal regions are still not visibly named.  Over the last few days, coastal landscaping seems to have firmed up.  All of the regions that have fringes of land with no houses are not only named, but now are landscaped.

As of tonight, it appears that 8 (all unnamed) regions still have proto-houses: 

West Coast --- SSPE619, 662, 671, 682, 683.  Note that regions 647 and 654 had proto-houses last Friday, and now appear to have  Victorians.

South Coast --- SSPE 713, (which is the terminus of the rail line coming straight down from Northern Belli), 715, and 716 still have proto-houses.  Note that 716 has reverted from having Victorians last Friday, to having proto-houses today.

Some of the vacillation between houses and proto-houses may just be vagaries of when and how the map updates. 

All other South Belli regions appear complete, from the map's perspective.

Meanwhile, several regions in Belli's northern half appear ready for release, and work is continuing apace on many more.

Let me volunteer my completely unsolicited opinion:  if they don't release the Victorians before Thursday, I'd prefer they waited until after Christmas.  Things get crazy the week before Christmas, and personally I'm probably not going to be able to take a day to house-hunt.  In fact, I'm sure there are many parents who would prefer it be after New Years, when kids are all back in school.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

In fact, I'm sure there are many parents who would prefer it be after New Years, when kids are all back in school.

For sure, it would be terrible to have to lock up the kids in the closet while house hunting.  But you know..............................priorities! 🤣

• Haha 12

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

Let me volunteer my completely unsolicited opinion:  if they don't release the Victorians before Thursday, I'd prefer they waited until after Christmas. 

Yes! This too! Was really hoping today was the day and we can all be settled in our Vics before the Christmas break 😊

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

............................... All other South Belli regions appear complete, from the map's perspective.

Meanwhile, several regions in Belli's northern half appear ready for release, and work is continuing apace on many more.

Let me volunteer my completely unsolicited opinion:  if they don't release the Victorians before Thursday, I'd prefer they waited until after Christmas.  Things get crazy the week before Christmas, and personally I'm probably not going to be able to take a day to house-hunt.  In fact, I'm sure there are many parents who would prefer it be after New Years, when kids are all back in school.

Speculations is that they (LL) will wait and release the whole new regions in one massive release.

I hope they will release at least some of the regions this week. A big December release and a big January release.

Direct reply to your last paragraph that I bolded: My hope is that they do a partial release this week instead of either:

1: A big release Mon 23 or Tue 24. 😨

2: Waiting with the big release until January without making any statement.

I am ok with a January release ( do I have any choice?) but I would appreciate a news bulletin at the end of this week to let us know; it will not be a release Christmas week, and they postpone it until January. If I were LL, I would have done it for the sake of transparency. But what do I know about their (LL) plans. I am still going to be here in January, I am not going to throw a tantrum and threaten to cancel and leave. ( I can not promise to shut op with milder comments than I-am-leaving-and-never-coming-back.) I am just saying it would be nice to know.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

...Let me volunteer my completely unsolicited opinion:  if they don't release the Victorians before Thursday, I'd prefer they waited until after Christmas.  Things get crazy the week before Christmas, and personally I'm probably not going to be able to take a day to house-hunt.  In fact, I'm sure there are many parents who would prefer it be after New Years, when kids are all back in school.

I fully agree with you there!!!

If they do not get the Victorian release done by Wednesday the latest, then it would be the best for EVERYBODY (Lindens, Moles and US) to postpone it into the new year. The huge release will make us busy househunting (instead of buying presents, wrapping them up, baking cookies, eating them ....) and it will make the moles busy with all sorts of malfunctions and complaints ... (instead of ... seee above!) So Wednesday (one week before Christmas two workdays to go before the weekend) should be the LATEST.

What I fail to understand is this: @Patch Linden SEEMS to have had the plan (if I read and interprete all the hearsay about him right) to release them ALL (thousands of homes) before the Expo ends (in the last week) or near afterwards. Then the testing and last finishing touches on all this mass seems to have been more difficult and timeconsuming than he expected. Absolutely normal - no criticism there - xxx happens - Murphys law!

But if that is the case why not just give up the idea of releasing ALL of them in one big BULK instead of giving up the idea of a realease before Christmas ?

I can understand that he wants to release a real LOT of homes as to make them last several days and giving anyone around the globe a chance to get one. But if he realeased about half of them or two third - all those regions that are READY - several hundred homes - that effect would be the same!! And like in Belliseria North the rest could go daily region by region so allways a constant flow and a chance for latecomers and something to look foreward to!

Well I can't read his mind and maybe that is just what he plans to do- let's hope for the best!!

1 hour ago, Christhiana said:

LL has a no change window between 20th of december and januari 1st. So I  would speculate that the big release will be either before or after that window.

Patch said he would give hints before the release time  ,i havent seen any of those yet  ,so i dont expect anything this week 

1 hour ago, Atina0 said:

Patch said he would give hints before the release time  ,i havent seen any of those yet  ,so i dont expect anything this week 

The reveal was at the Christmas Expo. Therefore, I believe @Patch Linden and team will bend over backward to get a release before Christmas, even if only a partial release (but that could be worse than no release if not large enough). I believe there will be a release this week, or at the latest: Monday the 23rd (unlikely) - unless a show-stopper devastating something reveals itself.

I believe revealing at the Christmas Expo and not delivering for Christmas would be a really, really awkward message and I'm sure the Lindens and Moles know this, too. They could have revealed at the "Winter" Shop and Hop and then a January release would be more plausible, unwanted, but plausible..

And then there's this:

2019 Candlelight Processional

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 4

Although understandable that many would wish their new Victorian arrive before the holiday week,  an unannounced pre or post holiday release closer to the 25th could be a gift for the servers by deflecting or reducing some of the  house hopping from our professional (read experienced) house hoppers who have crafted their hopping into Olympic status with amazing results.

I must admit being a fan of the "Traditional Continental" and how transformative it can be (with a little help) to a number of different architectural styles, being flexible and yet sustain a classic look all it's own. 

I suspect there is a master plan to be followed by the Lindens and Moles regarding the release & bench marks to achieve 1st, and all will be reviled in good time.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Christhiana said:

Beautifull shot! What windlight are you using if I may ask?

I make my own so it is the one I use on my sim (more or less). I think you can go over to STRAND and go from there to "capture" the Windlight.  Also Windlight video links in my blog sidebar.  I made all the "Places" Windlights OH SO LONG AGO that are in the viewers :D.  And thank you!