How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

Is it OK to ask for advice in here?

I bought a new head.  Catwa Dude.  I feel like I'm buried in HUDs but I'll figure that all out in time.  What's bugging me is I cannot get the lips right.  They look a little pouty to me.   What do you all think of this?  Too boyish or is the mouth OK?

20190911_010.thumb.jpg.36013d3932cdf93c0ea71885b47100db.jpg

• Like 23

7 minutes ago, ValorWhit said:

I bought a new head.  Catwa Dude.  I feel like I'm buried in HUDs but I'll figure that all out in time.  What's bugging me is I cannot get the lips right.  They look a little pouty to me.   What do you all think of this?  Too boyish or is the mouth OK?

Mouth is OK. I would kiss those lips.

On first look my first thought was NOT pouty.

But, tweak on it until you are happy. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, ValorWhit said:

I personally think he looks great, very realistic! If it were me I wouldn't touch it. So long as he meets the vision you are happy with then what's what matters most. :) 

This also reminds me of my years back in Uni discussing the finer points of facial proportions during anatomical studies. If you're aiming for "perfection" then the rule of thumb is to have the corners of the mouth be in line with the center of the pupil; imagine a straight line running directly down from middle eye to the jaw. The mouth corners should touch this line (see red lines in image below). But this is if you are aiming for perfect. As we know in reality perfection is near impossible (and some like myself would say is boring!) unless you undergo plastic surgery and want to look like a clone. Your avatar in that picture above represents a personality that might not be so obvious if you attain perfection. Besides, if you are like me your idea of perfect today might not be your idea of perfect tomorrow and you will be tweaking his face forever. Do what feels best for you. For the record though as he is now he still looks a hell of a lot better or better constructed (in my humble opinion) than a good majority of males I see around, so congrats on a job well done! 👍

proportions.thumb.jpg.fc8a2a8b8f3823299b094ce1698d4d56.jpg 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

On first look my first thought was NOT pouty.

But, tweak on it until you are happy. 

^^^^This, looks good already. As Nalates said, tweak and tweak....that never ends. You can use the sliders to change the lip ratio and prominence. You might never be happy, but then you've joined our club!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

5 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

If you're aiming for "perfection" then the rule of thumb is to have the corners of the mouth be in line with the center of the pupil; imagine a straight line running directly down from middle eye to the jaw. The mouth corners should touch this line 

Thanks for the advice.  I widened the mouth just a bit.  I am almost happy with it.  They still look a little soft but I'll take kissable.  What was throwing me off before were the animations that played automatically.  Once I found out how to turn most of them off it helped tremendously. 

20190912_002.thumb.jpg.a5e8c5d28fa7901bb87f6d870617aa45.jpg

Maybe I should put a shirt on next time.  I do own clothes and can get all the way dressed.

1 hour ago, BelindaSalt said:

You might never be happy, but then you've joined our club!!

Does this mean I can order the Club sandwich now? ;)

• Like 21

6 hours ago, ValorWhit said:

Thanks for the advice.  I widened the mouth just a bit.  I am almost happy with it.  They still look a little soft but I'll take kissable.  What was throwing me off before were the animations that played automatically.  Once I found out how to turn most of them off it helped tremendously. 

Maybe I should put a shirt on next time.  I do own clothes and can get all the way dressed.

Does this mean I can order the Club sandwich now? ;)

I wouldn’t worry too much shirt or not looking good. 👍

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EllieNewell said:

Right now I'm trying to keep up with Salty......here I am at Little Paris in the Moulin Rouge building...……..waiting and waiting...….

For what? Company? Mr Right? Miss Right? Who knows...……..

I got the Tetra Phoenix dress in red. Shoes are N Core Paula.

SL55.png

SL56.png

SL59.png

These are great... I am especially loving the pose in the middle one.

Did Mr./Ms. Right ever show? 😋

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ValorWhit said:

More clothes? You may have a conceptual misdirection there...

All the way dressed... ?  Well... there are possibilities with that...

I think this is a masculine macho look. Very male and not overly sexual, which I think makes it very versatile. Sort of an all occasions look.

NEW

I was exploring this week's topless sailing course. The starting point was in Backwater Bay Harbour [sic]. I got to looking around and found this adorable little shop filled with cute stuffed animals. Nothing for sale, all for looks. And the area is rez-ok. So, a box to stand on for positioning me and lights to make things prettier... a little post production on those yellow eyes to make it the more realistic look I often see... and I think this is kinda funny.

"Wait... who's paying who?"

48723610862_f963d2439f_c.jpg

Edited by Nalates Urriah
Added forgotten link
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, ValorWhit said:

Wow!! looks like Charlie Sheen! lol yummy, btw... and i looooove those lips... very good look! kudos!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nalates Urriah said:

More clothes? You may have a conceptual misdirection there...

All the way dressed... ?  Well... there are possibilities with that...

I think this is a masculine macho look. Very male and not overly sexual, which I think makes it very versatile. Sort of an all occasions look.

NEW

I was exploring this week's topless sailing course. The starting point was in Backwater Bay Harbour [sic]. I got to looking around and found this adorable little shop filled with cute stuffed animals. Nothing for sale, all for looks. And the area is rez-ok. So, a box to stand on for positioning me and lights to make things prettier... a little post production on those yellow eyes to make it the more realistic look I often see... and I think this is kinda funny.

"Wait... who's paying who?"

48723610862_f963d2439f_c.jpg

This reminds me so much of Brighton Pier (England).

• Like 4