How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

2 hours ago, VictoriaGrwd said:

Tried this out but the reflections seem to be very blocky, I'm already at ultra settings but there's doesn't seem to be a way to raise the quality any higher?

I used a night windlight too, to make it more mirror like (or a very white windlight when using white backdrops), and make sure the DoF setting is turned off in photo tools, this makes the reflection more blurry

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

I used a night windlight too, to make it more mirror like (or a very white windlight when using white backdrops), and make sure the DoF setting is turned off in photo tools, this makes the reflection more blurry

It's more like there's no AA on the reflections, they are very low resolution as here:

00225.jpg

• Like 13

19 minutes ago, VictoriaGrwd said:

It's more like there's no AA on the reflections, they are very low resolution as here:

hmm no idea really. I tried to reduce several settings but not get that effect. Only weird thing I now have for some reason, is a skirt that does not has a reflection :)

These are my current settings if that's any use

settings.JPG

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

hmm no idea really. I tried to reduce several settings but not get that effect. Only weird thing I now have for some reason, is a skirt that does not has a reflection :)

... Maybe it's a magical pond? Although, I'm suspecting that the alpha mode of the skirt may be why.

• Like 4

I while back I made a post needing help to find a lovely Persian type palace  that I used to take pictures at yrs ago.. I decided to make my own palace skybox. As I was taking my picture to post here, my cat 'Ignatz' rolled into frame on his Roomba 😊.. Lovely builds can still be made with prims.. its a 32x32 (modifiable) and only a handfull of prims.. so not very spendy! If anyone would like a copy of the build , let me know. I'm giving it away free to friends and forum members. Send me a note in SL and I'll ship one your way. Cheers! 🥰

my palace and ignatz.jpg

stone temple.jpg

***Edit.. I just shrunk this build to 22x22 (26 prims) for smaller areas

Edited by Walelu Summerwind
cuz
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Not a great start to my SL day....trouble logging in....due to "maintenance"....GRRRRRR!

I was getting frustrated, but finally got in, and then my apartment sim shut down....and stayed shut down for a long time...….

I needed to mess with outfits, which meant some naked time....so I went around a few of my favourite sims, but none were totally deserted, and I hate spectators...…..

So...I went to Lutz and plunged into the sea...….it was so peaceful standing on the bottom. No voyeurs, and nobody around.....Bliss!

Then I thought...…...Hey! this might make a nice picture...……...and I think it does...……

SL09.png

Edited by BelindaN
  • Like 22
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Not a great start to my SL day....trouble logging in....due to "maintenance"....GRRRRRR!

I was getting frustrated, but finally got in, and then my apartment sim shut down....and stayed shut down for a long time...….

I needed to mess with outfits, which meant some naked time....so I went around a few of my favourite sims, but none were totally deserted, and I hate spectators...…..

So...I went to Lutz and plunged into the sea...….it was so peaceful standing on the bottom. No voyeurs, and nobody around.....Bliss!

Then I thought...…...Hey! this might make a nice picture...……...and I think it does...……H

SL09.png

I don't have a home, but I am also glad I found a place where I can be 24/7, and nobody ever is there. I love these places, you can do whatever you need to do, without being on Youtube the next day :-)

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

I was getting a demo and the system told me I didn't have enough Linden for it. I then noticed that my Linden total said -$1.  I tried to TP, several times, to see if it would fix things, and it wouldn't let me.  So, I relogged and it was down for maintenance.  When I finally logged in, all my Linden was showing correctly. yay!!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, VictoriaGrwd said:

00225.jpg

Reflections are a challenge.  I've played with making really good ones. In general I think they are a post-production thing... Photoshop.

38771998651_03340f837a_c.jpg

This is an old image I made by taking a second shot looking up through the floor. I couldn't find a better way to get the reflection of the lifted leg to look correct. And I still didn't nail it perfectly.

Lots of floors and walls are transparent from the back side. The modeler tries to reduce the texture-render load and makes those surfaces clear. Also mesh stuff is clear from the back or inside unless the modeler takes an extra step to avoid that.

Shadows are another tricky thing. The new Photoshop way to do shadows is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ7UAzFv17c These can be very realistic.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

😍😍 I had the honor to pose with my friend ❤️ our first photo together 😂😂😂  hopefully next time we make a photo with our regular female avatars :3 she's amazing. I would love to learn that neon effect :< someday 

Cyberpunk [Equal10] - Novata x Elocuencia

• Like 29